conner01

Reaction score
I’d offer 20 mil
Take it or leave it
You don’t want that
Find a trade partner and I wish you the best

J12B

Reaction score
Listen, we’re going to sign you. Either at what you want or what we want or somewhere in between. You’ve been a leader for this team and have shown that you can make a difference. We want you and we want you bad. BUT, we also have to look at the contracts coming up for Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon, Dak, Jones and some others. We have a fricken outstanding core talent of players. We can’t give you the highest contract ever played for a LE DE and also be able to keep this team together. Do you want to be the highest paid player of all time at your position or do you want to win Championships? Remember, I’m Jerry Jones and I’m in business with Emmitt Smith as well as other former Cowboys players. We’re making money together. Help this team out and I will help you out long term.

You lost me at "listen"

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This team ain't winning a single championship with the current GM/HC/QB, let alone championshipSSSSS

Tank knows that
No say he settles for less than he thinks he's worth

You're probably right about probably not winning a championship with these guys.

I think more to the point, the Jerry and Garrett have failed to produce even a game for the NFC championship in over a decade. Jerry himself for over 2 decades now. It's not just that they probably won't, they demonstrably *haven't* over a long period of time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He has to realize that. He has gotten bad advise already about not getting his shoulder fixed. If that’s from his agent then he needs a new one. If it’s his own decision then he is in it for himself..

I don't think it was bad advice. It's the delay with the surgery that makes the franchise tag a loser for the Cowboys, and gives Lawrence the leverage to get a contract *this* year, instead of next.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think it was bad advice. It's the delay with the surgery that makes the franchise tag a loser for the Cowboys, and gives Lawrence the leverage to get a contract *this* year, instead of next.
So if he don’t sign the tag then he don’t get paid. He has a injured shoulder and has less trade value but less value to a team to sign him. And the team that does sign him will certainly take into account the tactics he used.

But I am sure that the agent knows how long the rehab is on the shoulder and the cut off to get it fixed to be ready for TC.

conner01

Reaction score
To me 20 is high.
Everyone contract is high but that’s about where he should slot in
He shouldn’t get Mack money but he’s not gonna be 6 mil a year under that
Personally I think all contracts for top players are too high and I’d like to see a cap of a percentage of cap one player can get
More players would make more money that way

glimmerman

Reaction score
Everyone contract is high but that’s about where he should slot in
He shouldn’t get Mack money but he’s not gonna be 6 mil a year under that
Personally I think all contracts for top players are too high and I’d like to see a cap of a percentage of cap one player can get
More players would make more money that way
What is mack making.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Owners/GMs rarely speak directly to players about contracts.

Most of what the teams says gets filtered by the agent before getting to the player.

Exactly right. Lots of Agents won't even allow Owners to speak with players during times of contract discussions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lawrence: When was the last time the Cowboys were even in an NFC Championship game, let alone a SB, let alone winning a SB? You're trying to sell me by dangling championships. How is that credible? It's a business. Show me the money. My time to make millions is *now*, with this contract, not after I've retired from the game.
This is so stupid that the only response I have is that this is so stupid.

ghst187

Reaction score
Listen, we’re going to sign you. Either at what you want or what we want or somewhere in between. You’ve been a leader for this team and have shown that you can make a difference. We want you and we want you bad. BUT, we also have to look at the contracts coming up for Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon, Dak, Jones and some others. We have a fricken outstanding core talent of players. We can’t give you the highest contract ever played for a LE DE and also be able to keep this team together. Do you want to be the highest paid player of all time at your position or do you want to win Championships? Remember, I’m Jerry Jones and I’m in business with Emmitt Smith as well as other former Cowboys players. We’re making money together. Help this team out and I will help you out long term.

And Tank responds “well if you’re so serious about winning why is JG stil the coach?”

glimmerman

Reaction score
6 yr. 141 mil, 34 Mil Signing Bonus, 23.5 yearly average, 90 Mil Guaranteed.
Wow. And his agent is getting 1 million dollar signing bonus and 2.7 million guaranteed for getting him signed. I read that NFL player agents make 3%.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I could get guacamole on my chipotle daily with that kinda money

You could pay somebody to grow the Guac and buy your own Chipotle to make you your daily, on the daily. That's too much for Lawrence IMO. We can't absorb that kind of contract IMO.

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
lmao..I swear people in here think players are stupid...

Tank doesn't give to craps about anything but his own pockets..and he shouldn't..pay him market value or no deal

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.