As an owner, this is how I would approach Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
lmao..I swear people in here think players are stupid...

Tank doesn't give to craps about anything but his own pockets..and he shouldn't..pay him market value or no deal
You’re as ignorant as my toe. Look at Brady’s contract and then come back and comment. :facepalm:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Well instead of trying to make it personal just get into the habit of either: extending guys early at a big discount or trading them so you don't have to Tag them. And keep drafting the most exp positions so if they want max money you already have plan b on the roster along with free agency to work with.
You mean what the New England Patriots do all the time... Trade you when you are about to became to expensive and get a bunch of 1st and second round picks

blueblood70

Reaction score
tanks true worth is 19mil if the man cant make a life after football with 5 yrs 95, im sorry you dont deserve money at all..i mean at worse at his age he can live out a 4-5 yr contract with say 60 guaranteed.60mil bro..get a REAL investor not a shoe company exec or record exec, or homie spice, some real money men, wall street genius to take 20% of that and get it making money NOW.. oh you want rapper houses and rapper cars like 50 of them, sorry, nice to dream but even 50 cent and other filed bankruptcy at one point.. STOP get REAL..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So if he don’t sign the tag then he don’t get paid. He has a injured shoulder and has less trade value but less value to a team to sign him. And the team that does sign him will certainly take into account the tactics he used.

But I am sure that the agent knows how long the rehab is on the shoulder and the cut off to get it fixed to be ready for TC.

He'll sign the tag before the time is up, but at that point the value of the contract, *but not the price*, will have depreciated because of the time Lawrence will miss during training camp and the season. Does Jerry want to pay 120% of the franchise tag for less than a full season? Lawrence gets paid, Jerry gets less.

Time is on Lawrence's side.

If the Cowboys cave and rescind the tag, Lawrence hits the open market. On the open market, a long term contract can live with getting Lawrence a few weeks later.

They should both be shopping Lawrence to avoid the useless destruction of value on both sides.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Wow. And his agent is getting 1 million dollar signing bonus and 2.7 million guaranteed for getting him signed. I read that NFL player agents make 3%.
THAT'S IT?!!!!
What tha...

JBS

Reaction score
We've been negotiation w tank for 2 years...sides are nowhere close to a deal..let's tell him we have other players to sign!!! That's going to close the deal, alright!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Look at bradys contract hahahah..you are the idiot w this stupid idea..there's a reason you have one player you can name that plays on a discount and basically nobody else
Yeah, Brady. Like he’s just anybody. Kinda like Tank.

ShortRound

Reaction score
As a cowboys fan I get your point. But if my boss told me to take a pay cut while he rode around in helicopters and yachts, I’d walk.

Thing I don’t get is, both sides knew this was coming, why let it drag out. Get the deal done or move on.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As a cowboys fan I get your point. But if my boss told me to take a pay cut while he rode around in helicopters and yachts, I’d walk.

Thing I don’t get is, both sides knew this was coming, why let it drag out. Get the deal done or move on.
You don’t get it. Tank is going to get signed. He’s not going to be traded. How long have we been trying to get a legitimate pass rusher? A long fricken time. Tanks is going to be a Cowboy. Stephen is just trying to get the best deal possible.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I was the owner, I would stop being a cheap moron and give him a fair contract

Sydla

Reaction score
Listen, we’re going to sign you. Either at what you want or what we want or somewhere in between. You’ve been a leader for this team and have shown that you can make a difference. We want you and we want you bad. BUT, we also have to look at the contracts coming up for Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon, Dak, Jones and some others. We have a fricken outstanding core talent of players. We can’t give you the highest contract ever played for a LE DE and also be able to keep this team together. Do you want to be the highest paid player of all time at your position or do you want to win Championships? Remember, I’m Jerry Jones and I’m in business with Emmitt Smith as well as other former Cowboys players. We’re making money together. Help this team out and I will help you out long term.

They will likely laugh in your face.

Because the cap implications of $18MM AAV and $21MM AAV aren't that great that the future of the team is in jeopardy. So while I don't think the Cowboys should pay out the butt for him, if they think they can sweet talk him into what they are comfortable with by playing "hey we can't afford anyone and if you want to win so give us something" card, it is not going to go over well IMO.

ShortRound

Reaction score
You don’t get it. Tank is going to get signed. He’s not going to be traded. How long have we been trying to get a legitimate pass rusher? A long fricken time. Tanks is going to be a Cowboy. Stephen is just trying to get the best deal possible.

Why do you get so easily upset? Lol chill ... we’re all just talking.

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re as ignorant as my toe. Look at Brady’s contract and then come back and comment. :facepalm:

Brady had way more sources of income outside of his football contract (as well as his wife's significant income) so it was easier for him to take "less".

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Listen, we’re going to sign you. Either at what you want or what we want or somewhere in between. You’ve been a leader for this team and have shown that you can make a difference. We want you and we want you bad. BUT, we also have to look at the contracts coming up for Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon, Dak, Jones and some others. We have a fricken outstanding core talent of players. We can’t give you the highest contract ever played for a LE DE and also be able to keep this team together. Do you want to be the highest paid player of all time at your position or do you want to win Championships? Remember, I’m Jerry Jones and I’m in business with Emmitt Smith as well as other former Cowboys players. We’re making money together. Help this team out and I will help you out long term.
Bye Jerry..

Status
Not open for further replies.