As an owner, this is how I would approach Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly so if he ended up dealing with it again it's a second injury. And I don't know what I would do in his situation. The ball might never sit in the socket properly again

That is why they recommend having the procedure done. He choose to rest last off season and result was the same. You do it again it is really not a 3rd injury it is the same injury that was never dealt with.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The muscle can heal itself the problem is sometimes that heals unevenly. But proper training can fix that. It's hard when something pops out of the socket. I think maybe Lawrence knows it can heal and he doesn't want to go through the surgery because it could actually get worse but only he knows it's all speculation. But you don't have to have surgery to repair it that's the only point I'm trying to make. There's a reason he's not having it

Medical staff are the ones talking to him about this. I'm not a trained doctor, they do have medical backgrounds and can provide the players the best doctors money can buy. He has already said he would not get it done until he signs a deal that is his reason

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is why they recommend having the procedure done. He choose to rest last off season and result was the same. You do it again it is really not a 3rd injury it is the same injury that was never dealt with.
Common sense you would think that, but if possibly healed the first time. The second injury could have happened even with surgery. Shoulder is the worst injury in my personal opinion. Usually with the back injury you know if you're done or not right off the right from the start

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These medical staff today are totally brilliant but it still only an opinion. You can go to 4 different doctors and literally get different Diagnostics. I feel bad for these players in that respect.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just lost it a little bit cuz the guy called me a troll and I wanted to jump to the screen. I'm happy to be back on the Cowboys forum. People are so much more intelligent about football than on Facebook or other sites I still have to realize not everybody really sees the whole picture tunnel vision. And I could get that way also

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Medical staff are the ones talking to him about this. I'm not a trained doctor, they do have medical backgrounds and can provide the players the best doctors money can buy. He has already said he would not get it done until he signs a deal that is his reason
If that was an actual quote of his thank you I did not know that. I'm wondering why now he would wait for a deal before he does it. The longer you wait

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Common sense you would think that, but if possibly healed the first time. The second injury could have happened even with surgery. Shoulder is the worst injury in my personal opinion. Usually with the back injury you know if you're done or not right off the right from the start

Common sense tells you when medical staff advises they are doing it for a reason. He reinjured the same tear because it was never dealt with in the 1st place. He choose not to and now has said he does not plan on having it until a new deal is signed so even he knows he needs to have this done. Sorry I don't tell doctors they are full of it when they tell me what needs to be done, I may get a 2nd or 3rd opinion but you go with people who have clear understanding.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With all the hamstring injuries LOL dehydration. Many fans were wondering why they don't hire a new training staff in the first place. But that's a whole nother conversation

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Common sense tells you when medical staff advises they are doing it for a reason. He reinjured the same tear because it was never dealt with in the 1st place. He choose not to and now has said he does not plan on having it until a new deal is signed so even he knows he needs to have this done. Sorry I don't tell doctors they are full of it when they tell me what needs to be done, I may get a 2nd or 3rd opinion but you go with people who have clear understanding.
Back in the day you couldn't trust the medical staff they just wanted you on the field. I'm old school football and I remember those days. Times have changed

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I appreciate the conversation truly. At least you just didn't blow it off as calling me a troll. It's only an opinion. You're absolutely correct only the examiners know the true situation.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Contracts like this are about the money, and they should be. Like Murray, Lawrence's first post rookie contract deal is his chance to squeeze value out of the NFL for his family. Squeeze it. When you're older and looking for a ring, then you take a 3mil instead of a 5mil contract and sign with NE. You don't write off 10 mil guaranteed now.

Man he must have a fat family if they can't eat off 20 mill. yes it is about money and I have no issue with it he can ask for all he wants. Cowboys too have an obligation to 53 players and some very key ones who will also be looking for a pay day and the Cowboys must do this with in a cap limit. People want to act as if this is one sided for the player yet do not want to see the others who will also be up for contracts and it is the job of this organization to try and get all or as many of these players signed. I don't think Cowboys are being unfair in their offer.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anybody can go get a fitness degree I am not a doctor. But I have seen many shoulder injuries in my life. Even in the military. . Surgery last resort.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not new to it at all but also not new to over paying. Sorry but there is not a damn thing you can teach me. I know you impress yourself I'm not that impressed. When Jerry made Emmitt the highest paid RB ahead of Barry Sander I had no issue with it because Emmitt continued to produce and the bigger the game the more he shined. DLaw when he got his moment in post season he did not do a damn thing. You may think that deserves major pay and becoming the highest paid at the position I don't.
You said the Cowboys "stepped" up. And yet you don't know any of the actually relevant factors in the deal that would prove this to be true or not.

And you claim you have nothing to learn? Yikes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Back in the day you couldn't trust the medical staff they just wanted you on the field. I'm old school football and I remember those days. Times have changed

I'm old school as well been watching since 1965. I know today’s sports medicine blows away what it was like in the old days. I can remember when an Achilles injury was the death nail of a player and now they can come back from it. or the 12 inch scar down the side of the knee that is no longer needed as they can do it by doing microsurgery. I don’t anyone would be advising him to get it if they felt it was a waste of time

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You said the Cowboys "stepped" up. And yet you don't know any of the actually relevant factors in the deal that would prove this to be true or not.

And you claim you have nothing to learn? Yikes.

Not from you, No I don't, you have take your opinion and shove it. I gave my view if you don't like then too damn bad.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not from you, No I don't, you have take your opinion and shove it. I gave my view if you don't like then too damn bad.
When you gave your view I asked you for information that supported your view. You didn't have it. This isn't a "my opinion" vs "your opinion" conversation.

Nice try though.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
This post is so naive on so many levels. For someone who calls out everyone else on CZ, I would expect our buddy AmberBeer to at least somewhat live on reality, but I guess that's too big of an ask.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After that remark. I appreciate your respect that you showed me. Go Cowboys keep it up my cowboy family my cowboy Brothers. I try not to make it personal ever. But sometimes you just have to crawl through the screen

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I would take a hard line with him. Sign or don't, we still have the franchise tag on you, sign it or don't. It's all up to you. But I assure you, miss any required OTA, training camp and games, we will fine you up the max allowed and get some of the money we already paid you back. You will be free to do as you wish next year. But that's the deal, we will not be held hostage by a player. We made a fair offer, the balls in your court.. you want to play or not?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This post is so naive on so many levels. For someone who calls out everyone else on CZ, I would expect our buddy AmberBeer to at least somewhat live on reality, but I guess that's too big of an ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.