As an owner, this is how I would approach Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this will be Tanks 3rd contact technically. Contracts are paid based off of future performance..not off the past. GET THE SHOULDER FIXED then we can talk turkey.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Try playin DE with a torn labrum. Sheez
Well that's exactly the point. If you've never had a shoulder injury it's the worst injury you can get other than back. Even with surgery you're probably still won't fix it and that's probably why he's not having the surgery. I would have traded him last year

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
this will be Tanks 3rd contact technically. Contracts are paid based off of future performance..not off the past. GET THE SHOULDER FIXED then we can talk turkey.
I don't think you can fix the shoulder. I've been training for over 40 years. It's just an injury that doesn't repair itself even with surgery. It may relieve a little bit of the pain but that's it. Is something you either play with play through it I believe that's why he's chosen not to have the surgery it actually might get worse

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Tank would say at the "or do you want to win championships" and be like "so Jerry you selling the team or hiring a real GM?"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm trying to recall when Jerry Jones sat down with Deion Sanders. You're probably right he left, let someone else deal with the negotiation

That was a bit different:
Jerry said how much.

Deion/Agent said over 20M.

Jerry said 35M if you sign today and don't play baseball.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is the way the world works in a rising salary cap environment. You must be new to this.

Boy will you be surprised to know that there are many RBs in the NFL today making more than Emmitt ever did!

Also if you think just AAV is important as far as a deal "no matter how you slice it"....its little wonder why you're so confused.
I believe you win in this league up the middle. That your Center defensive tackle middle linebacker strong safety. I'm keeping football players and I'm letting the money players go. And I'm letting them go before they contract even comes up. I'd much rather have the guy trying to make a name for himself then somebody who already has. Nope I'm building and keeping it through the draft and keeping my money players in the middle. I've been a fan for over 60 years. I know it's only been since the 90s salary cap.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was a bit different:
Jerry said how much.

Deion/Agent said over 20M.

Jerry said 35M if you sign today and don't play baseball.
Yes I know it's different. I'm just trying to recall the situation. If Jerry knows or knew how much the franchise could spend on a salary ..I believe he would love to do the deal himself again LOL I know Emmett was upset how much Deion got paid. At least Dion thought Emmett was upset.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You want to healed or shoulder labrum. Upright rows LOL that way there it heals evenly. Screw the surgery

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't think you can fix the shoulder. I've been training for over 40 years. It's just an injury that doesn't repair itself even with surgery. It may relieve a little bit of the pain but that's it. Is something you either play with play through it I believe that's why he's chosen not to have the surgery it actually might get worse
You shouldn’t play Dr.
LABRAL TEAR SHOULDER TREATMENT OPTIONS
NON-SURGICAL TREATMENT
Initially treatment for a torn labrum may consist of anti-inflammatory medication and rest. Rehabilitation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles, which helps stabilize the injured shoulder, may also be recommended.

If these conservative measures are insufficient, your physician may recommend arthroscopic surgery to repair the labral tear.

SURGERY
During labral tear arthroscopy, the doctor will examine the entire labrum. If the labral tear appears to be unstable with detachment of the labrum from the socket of the shoulder, the surgeon will repair the labrum back to the socket of the shoulder.

If the tear involves only a flap of tissue torn from the labrum without detachment of the labrum from the underlying bony socket of the shoulder, the surgeon may just shave the flap of tissue away from the underlying intact labral tissue.

If the labral tear occurs at the site of the biceps tendon (SLAP lesion) or if the tear extends into the biceps tendon, the surgeon will sometimes need to repair the labral tear and reattach the tendon using absorbable tacks, wires, or sutures.

In cases where the labral tear is associated with shoulder instability or dislocations, the surgeon will not only repair the labrum but will also tighten up the stretched-out ligaments of the shoulder as well as tighten up the capsule to restore joint stability.

RECOVERY AFTER LABRAL TEAR SHOULDER SURGERY
After surgery, you will need to wear a sling for three to four weeks. Your doctor will also prescribe gentle, passive, pain-free range of motion exercises to keep the shoulder capsule from becoming stiff. When the sling is removed, you will need to do motion and flexibility exercises which gradually strengthen your biceps, rotator cuff muscles and other surrounding muscles.

Athletes can usually begin doing sport specific exercises eight to 12 weeks after repair, as it will be three to four months before the shoulder is fully healed.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You shouldn’t play Dr.
NON-SURGICAL TREATMENT
Initially treatment for a torn labrum may consist of anti-inflammatory medication and rest. Rehabilitation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles, which helps stabilize the injured shoulder, may also be recommended.

If these conservative measures are insufficient, your physician may recommend arthroscopic surgery to repair the labral tear.

SURGERY
During labral tear arthroscopy, the doctor will examine the entire labrum. If the labral tear appears to be unstable with detachment of the labrum from the socket of the shoulder, the surgeon will repair the labrum back to the socket of the shoulder.

If the tear involves only a flap of tissue torn from the labrum without detachment of the labrum from the underlying bony socket of the shoulder, the surgeon may just shave the flap of tissue away from the underlying intact labral tissue.

If the labral tear occurs at the site of the biceps tendon (SLAP lesion) or if the tear extends into the biceps tendon, the surgeon will sometimes need to repair the labral tear and reattach the tendon using absorbable tacks, wires, or sutures.

In cases where the labral tear is associated with shoulder instability or dislocations, the surgeon will not only repair the labrum but will also tighten up the stretched-out ligaments of the shoulder as well as tighten up the capsule to restore joint stability.

After surgery, you will need to wear a sling for three to four weeks. Your doctor will also prescribe gentle, passive, pain-free range of motion exercises to keep the shoulder capsule from becoming stiff. When the sling is removed, you will need to do motion and flexibility exercises which gradually strengthen your biceps, rotator cuff muscles and other surrounding muscles.

Athletes can usually begin doing sport specific exercises eight to 12 weeks after repair, as it will be three to four months before the shoulder is fully healed.
Who's playing doctor. I know exactly how the shoulder operation goes. And how much pain is involved before and after. Again I've been training . People for over 40 years. Not just myself people. I've seen many shoulder injuries. You're better off letting it heal the problem is. Will it heal evenly. If I'm training you it will . After surgery they don't tell you that you're inside lateral deltoid won't be anywhere near as strong. And that's a stabilizing muscle try getting that strong in 4 months

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who's playing doctor. I know exactly how the shoulder operation goes. And how much pain is involved before and after. Again I've been training Pro Bowl 40 years. Not just myself people. I've seen many shoulder injuries. You're better off letting it heal the problem is. Will it heal evenly. If I'm training you it will
Who do you think is going to believe an internet troll?
Lots of advances made in this type of surgery recently.
https://www.mymosh.com/services/shoulder-care/shoulder-labral-tears/

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You shouldn’t play Dr.
NON-SURGICAL TREATMENT

SURGERY

Antwan Woods had the procedure done the week after the season was over. I found it kind of funny when some people here told me Lawrence may not have been able to get a doctor that quickly to do it. You know NFL players and other professional athletes have a hard time getting doctors to see them and perform these procedures. lol

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And personally I could care less if you believe me or not. I know if you look it up it'll back me up. LMAO that's probably why he doesn't want to have the surgery it can heal itself

He skipped it last off season and only ended up dealing with it again this past season. I doubt Cowboys medical staff would have recommended Woods having the procedure done if they felt it was a waste of time. Lawrence himself knows he needs it but is choosing not to until he gets a deal done.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Antwan Woods had the procedure done the week after the season was over. I found it kind of funny when some people here told me Lawrence may not have been able to get a doctor that quickly to do it. You know NFL players and other professional athletes have a hard time getting doctors to see them and perform these procedures. lol
Who do you think is going to believe an internet troll?
Lots of advances made in this type of surgery recently.
https://www.mymosh.com/services/shoulder-care/shoulder-labral-tears/
Do you even know what a stabilizing muscle is. Maybe you're the troll

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He skipped it last off season and only ended up dealing with it again this past season. I doubt Cowboys medical staff would have recommended Woods having the procedure done if they felt it was a waste of time. Lawrence himself knows he needs it but is choosing not to until he gets a deal done.
The muscle can heal itself the problem is sometimes that heals unevenly. But proper training can fix that. It's hard when something pops out of the socket. I think maybe Lawrence knows it can heal and he doesn't want to go through the surgery because it could actually get worse but only he knows it's all speculation. But you don't have to have surgery to repair it that's the only point I'm trying to make. There's a reason he's not having it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly so if he ended up dealing with it again it's a second injury. And I don't know what I would do in his situation. The ball might never sit in the socket properly again

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would not resign him. And that's what this is about. I probably would have released him last year

Status
Not open for further replies.