Ashamed

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JVita17 said:
get real that 3rd round and three years are a drop in the bucket and people who are cheering for Henson in my mind arent rooting for success cuz its obvious Henson was a waste and Romo the better QB, do you think we should put him in cuz the cowboys used a third round pick on him? Or maybe cuz he was groomed for three years? NO, the answer is no its a drop in bucket he was a waste of time now he's gone...
:lmao2:

Did I say Henson should be put in? Heck I am not even one of the conspiracy guys who thinks Parcells hates him. I never made excuses for his lack of quality play. I did feel he was not given a great shot, but it was likely due to lack of talent and I am fine with that.

The other part of your post was kinda lame, people who were cheering for a Cowboys player werent rooting for success? On what planet?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
was I supposed to reply to your resume?

No need to argue the point that it was a whine because I already know it wasn't.

Still trying to figure out how I was being an internet tough guy

I argued your semantics and you didnt reply. Its obvious you know nothing of the flow of an argument but you just didnt adress it.

As for the internet tough guy that is reserved for people that start insulting people such as references to them as simpletons. I felt compelled to point out some of my abilities in an effort to demonstrate the eclectic nature of my studies to refute your insult.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Well there was this most recent gem.

Luckily that did not say any of the stuff you were spewing. I did not say i was a better person or fan, I did not say I was the only one who had ups and downs with Cowboys wins and losses. I didnt even say the people bashing anyone who supported henson were bad people, just I could not fathom doing that

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
1)Luckily that is not what this thread is. this thread is about people being happy that the Cowboys failed

2)I saw what you eluded to, and you were wrong.

3) Nope not trolling at all. If I was I would try to be more outrageous. I simply expect someone who makes a post to me to respond with more than "what he said"

4) Name 1 person I called out.

5) No I said I was bored, and that is why I am replying to people that did not understand the point of the post.

6) Because that is a fact. I am first and foremost a Cowboys fan. Any loss the Cowboys suffer I feel like I suffer as well. When they win My day is a little brighter. THAT is why I can not fathom people celebrating a Cowboys personel failure, Or bashing someone who hope the Cowboys risk payed off.

Why the hell do you have to break the quote up in to so many sections. It makes my job of replying that much harder. I am going to do it the lazy mans way, because I do not feel like putting in the effort to cut and paste.

1) We both know that is a lie. Your actions do not correspond to your claims. (I have already listed them, please do not cry again if I do not list them again)

2) Incorrect.

3) Your response to me earlier proves you are trolling. "Ahh can't back up your own posts. I understand thinking for yourself is hard. Maybe next time!
I bet you make a lame comeback to this post. If so i am gonna start a thread that i "called it". If you weren't you would have just left it alone.

4) You were purposely vague about naming people. But you did say this: "Luckily that is not what this thread is. this thread is about people being happy that the Cowboys failed". If it is about them, and it is clearly derogatory, that is calling them out. I could push this issue further, but we both know what you are doing.

5) I understand both the fictional and real point of your post. The former I agree with (I too am a Cowboy fan) and want nothing but the best, the later I do not. And yet I am still fueling the troll.

6) I am with you there. It bothers me also. and I have a special hatred for the self loving "I called it" threads.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
that, or continue to cry because I'm a big meany :lmao2:

This is the vanquishing I have been hearing about all along? I expected more. Can I expect your apology thread in the morning?

scottsp

Reaction score
I don't think anyone relishes the thought of losing out on a first day pick, as we did with Drew today, but I do agree with Bill on this point: you have to also take into account the talent acquired that will offset the loss of the third rounder.

When you can get guys like Chris Canty, Pat Crayton, Jay Ratliff, and Pat Watkins where this club ultimately got them, the hit we took today is viewed more as a casualty of doing business. Of course, when you're missing on most selections, i.e. Peterman & Rogers, then this would be very tough to stomach.

I'm sure none of us would condone throwing picks away, but if the brass felt it was time to cut bait, then there isn't much sense in keeping Drew around any longer.

It's just great to see this club hitting on some second day selections for a change. Hell, not so long ago, hitting on the first day was problem enough. At our peak, we will miss on many picks. It's just part of it. Getting those back in some shape, form, or fashion is crucial.

And we seem to be doing that now.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Do you think that the Cowboys couldnt find another clipboard holder? A replacement is as far away as Matt Baker. Anyone can stand around in a baseball cap and do nothing.

You still dont get it, I can not explain it. It is not about the players. It is about the time, pick, effort and money lost. Time, and picks and money that could have been used on something else to help the Cowboys. They took a risk and lost. The Cowboys being on the losing end is what my post is refering to.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Luckily that did not say any of the stuff you were spewing. I did not say i was a better person or fan, I did not say I was the only one who had ups and downs with Cowboys wins and losses. I didnt even say the people bashing anyone who supported henson were bad people, just I could not fathom doing that

So that part where you are saying that you are a REAL fan and then followed with your comparison to other fans didnt happen?

I couldve sworn I saw it.

Man youre superfan. We should all bask in your superfan glory. Teach us REAL fandom please.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Okay folks, I'll make it simple.

You don't like the chest thumping?

Then don't freaking mock the people who come up with the out-of-the-box ideas! You can't have it both ways.

Do you think Nors and his ilk would do any chest thumping if you folks hadn't told him he was an idiot for thinking Henson didn't have starter skills two years ago, even though it was so apparent to him and others who stated the unpopular opinion?

Some of you have no problem acting like you're a genius during the first proclamation, but when your idea that you were so haughty about doesn't come true, you're suddenly on higher ground and the guy who is naturally looking for a little payback is allegedly coming from left field. :rolleyes:

Just something to think about.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of the team and supporting all players, but I feel like pulling out an old Bible verse for this one. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. If you stayed out of all the QB debates, if you never once got on someone who tried to state an unpopular opinion at the time, then by all means, stand on your high ground! :p:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
This is the vanquishing I have been hearing about all along? I expected more. Can I expect your apology thread in the morning?

I know where I remember you from now, you and this other kid, the last 4 things of his username were 1231, were arguing with me, silverbear and I think superpunk, remember that? that was fun...we made you 2 look pretty dumb

Silverstar

Reaction score
Hey Fuzzy, what happened to your other avatar?

It used to be my favorite, but don't go spreading that around. :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Do you think Nors and his ilk would do any chest thumping if you folks hadn't told him he was an idiot for thinking Henson didn't have starter skills two years ago, even though it was so apparent to him and others who stated the unpopular opinion?

Nors didn't need Henson to thump his chest

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
You still dont get it, I can not explain it. It is not about the players. It is about the time, pick, effort and money lost. Time, and picks and money that could have been used on something else to help the Cowboys. They took a risk and lost. The Cowboys being on the losing end is what my post is refering to.
And yet the sun will still rise tommorrow, and the Dallas Cowboys will still exist without their third string QB. You are making a mountain outr of a molehill, this really isnt that big of a deal. You mustve been a mess during the 5-11 seasons when this was the norm rather than the exception.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Okay folks, I'll make it simple.

You don't like the chest thumping?

Then don't freaking mock the people who come up with the out-of-the-box ideas! You can't have it both ways.

Some of you have no problem acting like you're a genius during the first proclamation, but when your idea that you were so haughty about doesn't come true, you're suddenly on higher ground and the guy who is naturally looking for a little payback is allegedly coming from left field. :rolleyes:

Just something to think about.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of the team and supporting all players, but I feel like pulling out an old Bible verse for this one. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. If you stayed out of all the QB debates, if you never once got on someone who tried to state an unpopular opinion at the time, then by all means, stand on your high ground! :p:
hands-clapping.gif

AMEN

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Hey Fuzzy, what happened to your other avatar?

It used to be my favorite, but don't go spreading that around. :D

I cant find it anymore it was from a cartoon called mourning glory. I have another gif of chuck norris smacking this chick that i use but it wont fit here.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I know where i remember you from now, you and this other kid, the last 4 things of his username were 1231, were arguing with me, silverbear and I think superpunk, remember that? that was fun...

I don't think superpunk was in it...well atleast not arguing with me anyways. Silverbear is a pimp, but I have not seen him in awhile. And by seen I of course mean I have not read any posts by him.

And the guy I wa arguing with deserved it because he was fellating himself for having a suped up car. There will be no apology thread.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Why the hell do you have to break the quote up in to so many sections. It makes my job of replying that much harder. I am going to do it the lazy mans way, because I do not feel like putting in the effort to cut and paste.

I quote it this way So the point I am refering to is easy to see.

1) We both know that is a lie. Your actions do not correspond to your claims. (I have already listed them, please do not cry again if I do not list them again)

you can say that all you want, but I do know what I posted and why I posted it.

2) Incorrect.

Ok you were incorrect.

3) Your response to me earlier proves you are trolling. "Ahh can't back up your own posts. I understand thinking for yourself is hard. Maybe next time!
I bet you make a lame comeback to this post. If so i am gonna start a thread that i "called it". If you weren't you would have just left it alone.
You made a post to me, I took the time to respond your next reply was "what he said" sorry if I wanted you to reply to my post personally. Damn i forgot to make my I called it thread too :)

4) You were purposely vague about naming people. But you did say this: "Luckily that is not what this thread is. this thread is about people being happy that the Cowboys failed". If it is about them, and it is clearly derogatory, that is calling them out. I could push this issue further, but we both know what you are doing.
So then I wasnt calling anyone out. Thanks you

5) I understand both the fictional and real point of your post. The former I agree with (I too am a Cowboy fan) and want nothing but the best, the later I do not. And yet I am still fueling the troll.
So by this responce I see that you actually understood the thread and agreed, Thank you. As for the trolling bit saying it over and over does not make it true. I have over 6000 posts go find me trolling.

6) I am with you there. It bothers me also. and I have a special hatred for the self loving "I called it" threads.

from your replies here it seems we mostly agree with each other except you dont like my tact. I am an aquired taste :laugh2: