CFZ At some point the clock will strike midnight for Cooper Rush

Bing

Reaction score
Rush is not the long term answer for this team.. Dak has not been or will be the long term answer for this team either. So it's a wash on both QB's.
IMO everyone who is not on the, let's draft a new QB in the 1st round this coming year is just asking for more of the same stuff we have been seeing for the past 25 years.

Toro9

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of QBs were good in their first few games or first season. So many.

I do think Cooper's a little different though. He's not trying to do too much. It's obvious he understand the game and his own limitations.

ESisback

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong- I admire the way Cooper Rush has played as our backup QB. Being 4-0 in his first 4 starts is nothing to scoff at. He’s been everything he was asked to be and more. And I’m not not a Dak worshipper either. My allegiance is always first and foremost to winning football games, not winning an argument on a football forum.

But I’m amazed at how fast so many of our fans have anointed Cooper Rush as the QB of our future. Four games is an incredibly small sample size to cast your lot with a QB long term.

His arm talent is clearly limited, he’s not very mobile, and the longer he’s expected to lead this offense the harder it will be for him to keep this level of performance going. Defensive coordinators will start figuring out ways to frustrate him the longer there’s tape out there on him.

The Cinderella clock is going to strike midnight soon.

Looking at Cooper Rush’s stats in college, he had impressive numbers- except- he threw way too many picks. He threw 55 interceptions in 4 years at Central Michigan. He never threw less than 11 in a college season. He’s only thrown one in his 4 starts in Big D, but he’s also been lucky a few times where a penalty wiped out an INT or a defender just dropped it.

Rush’s 4 game heroics reminds me a little of an NBA player who flashed briefly as a hero only to come back down to earth. Remember New York Knicks Point Guard Jeremy Lin? He single-handedly led the Knicks to a 7 game winning streak in 2011 and was hailed after that week as the future at PG despite not being drafted and not being that talented. Once defenses figured him out, the days of “Linsanity” were short lived. He played for six other NBA teams before he retired.

Cooper Rush deserves a ton of credit for what he’s done in his four starts. But IMO, he is far from being the long term answer here at QB. We should enjoy Rush’s glory while we can because the clock is ticking.

Exactly, and it could very well happen this weekend. LA is a well coached team with three defensive superstars. The defending champs at home after a tough divisional loss—the odds are against us, but I stubbornly picked us in the “Just For Fun” Thread!

plasticman

Reaction score
Who will it strike zero for first? Cooper or the defense.

Right now they go hand in hand, if just one falters they lose.

If it's the defense then Cooper and the offense may not be able to provide the additional points needed.

If it's Cooper then the defense may not be able to keep the opponent score in the teens.

I think the Eagle game will provide the insight.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why does this bother people so much? If people start hating on Rush because he is not putting up gaudy numbers, will people quit whining about Dak not getting respect?
The point is it's a fact. Some people whined about the 200 yard games, but are now completely ignoring it and propping up a backup.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The point is it's a fact. Some people whined about the 200 yard games, but are now completely ignoring it and propping up a backup.
Why shouldn't they? Shouldn't they be excited? I think the change from "ditch the season to HEY we're in this!" is remarkable. (Not that I ever want to tank...some did!)

Rush is doing this with very little real game experience. Essentially a rookie with some extra study time. I for one...don't buy the noodle arm thing. Why couldn't he get better with more game experience. We don;t know for a fact it's a ceiling.

People are poo pooing Coop to prop up Dak make no mistake.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rush is not the long term answer for this team.. Dak has not been or will be the long term answer for this team either. So it's a wash on both QB's.
IMO everyone who is not on the, let's draft a new QB in the 1st round this coming year is just asking for more of the same stuff we have been seeing for the past 25 years.
This could be the time. We're building a very nice rounded team. We haven't drafted high at QB in DECADES. MAybe we should take a shot.

75boyz

Reaction score
Why shouldn't they? Shouldn't they be excited? I think the change from "ditch the season to HEY we're in this!" is remarkable. (Not that I ever want to tank...some did!)

Rush is doing this with very little real game experience. Essentially a rookie with some extra study time. I for one...don't buy the noodle arm thing. Why couldn't he get better with more game experience. We don;t know for a fact it's a ceiling.

Yep. Player over team. They're all showing themselves.

morat1959

Reaction score
I know Rush is not the long term answer but Dak is far from the answer, short or long term. I’d send him and Zeke packing the first trader you get. The heck with the salary cap. How bout package the 2 with a 1st and 2nd to move up and nab a potential franchise QB in the upcoming draft? If we hit, add a piece here and there and then there’ll be a real light at the end of the tunnel for putting number 6 in the trophy case.

starfan1

Reaction score

when and if the defense doesnt hold down the oppnent and the back up in rush shows up hopefully you have the same enthusiasm. And Cooper is in a perfect spot as a back up hes been in the system for almost as long as dak he has rapport with the players Brown especially.
And yes he does have a noodle arm watch the velocity compared to other QBs in league. He smart though and he is succedding in part by getting the ball out quick. and getting it to the right person. The reciverrs has adjusted on balls that were off target. Those very same balls would create multiple front page threads if dak threw them.

This could be the time. We're building a very nice rounded team. We haven't drafted high at QB in DECADES. MAybe we should take a shot.

You really cant be serious?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I know Rush is not the long term answer but Dak is far from the answer, short or long term. I’d send him and Zeke packing the first trader you get. The heck with the salary cap. How bout package the 2 with a 1st and 2nd to move up and nab a potential franchise QB in the upcoming draft? If we hit, add a piece here and there and then there’ll be a real light at the end of the tunnel for putting number 6 in the trophy case.
You think they're worthless, but yet somehow teams are going to offer early picks.
People need to be more self aware.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong- I admire the way Cooper Rush has played as our backup QB. Being 4-0 in his first 4 starts is nothing to scoff at. He’s been everything he was asked to be and more. And I’m not not a Dak worshipper either. My allegiance is always first and foremost to winning football games, not winning an argument on a football forum.

But I’m amazed at how fast so many of our fans have anointed Cooper Rush as the QB of our future. Four games is an incredibly small sample size to cast your lot with a QB long term.

His arm talent is clearly limited, he’s not very mobile, and the longer he’s expected to lead this offense the harder it will be for him to keep this level of performance going. Defensive coordinators will start figuring out ways to frustrate him the longer there’s tape out there on him.

The Cinderella clock is going to strike midnight soon.

Looking at Cooper Rush’s stats in college, he had impressive numbers- except- he threw way too many picks. He threw 55 interceptions in 4 years at Central Michigan. He never threw less than 11 in a college season. He’s only thrown one in his 4 starts in Big D, but he’s also been lucky a few times where a penalty wiped out an INT or a defender just dropped it.

Rush’s 4 game heroics reminds me a little of an NBA player who flashed briefly as a hero only to come back down to earth. Remember New York Knicks Point Guard Jeremy Lin? He single-handedly led the Knicks to a 7 game winning streak in 2011 and was hailed after that week as the future at PG despite not being drafted and not being that talented. Once defenses figured him out, the days of “Linsanity” were short lived. He played for six other NBA teams before he retired.

Cooper Rush deserves a ton of credit for what he’s done in his four starts. But IMO, he is far from being the long term answer here at QB. We should enjoy Rush’s glory while we can because the clock is ticking.

even when its midnight Rush won't play as bad as Dak did against the Bucs

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Stats about this and rankings about that etc etc......I could give a rats azz about stats and rankings and history of this or that
At the end of the day...The W is ALL that matters NOW!!
Period.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I agree 100% but the only problem is that the alternative is not much better. Dak isn't the answer either. Cowboys need to invest is a QB in next years draft.

You and I know darn well Uncle Jed after paying Dak, will not invest in a QB especially early rounds.