At the moment Dallas would pick 4th

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I just feel like Connor Cook is a lock to be Matt Ryan at least, I'd take him top 5

This guy is the epitome of bus driver. I wouldn't take Matt Ryan with a 1st rounder at this point either. Maybe a good career backup.

NYDCF4L

Reaction score
The next 5 games are make or break for Cassel. I honestly believe you are right.

I honestly have no problem with Cassell as the number 2. I'm actually very comfortable with it. Who else? If we draft a qb, we carry 3 qb's into next year's 53.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I honestly have no problem with Cassell as the number 2. I'm actually very comfortable with it. Who else? If we draft a qb, we carry 3 qb's into next year's 53.

I think we do exactly that. Cassell as the #2 and a draft pick as the third guy that we take anywhere from the 2nd round onward. I'm not opposed to take a QB in the first round but at the moment it doesn't look like it will be value at our pick.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
None of those guys will be here.

I would put even odds that Cassel will be the #2 next season.

The #3 guy? Probably a draft pick.

I would put good odds on the Cowboys keeping Cassell and drafting a QB in the top 3 rounds. I forgot about Hogan from Stanford, I don't expect it to happen but I'm hoping that we could find a way to grab him in the second, or trade up to a late first. After what he did to a very good ND defense, he'll be moving up though. Dude is a legit pro QB.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I think we do exactly that. Cassell as the #2 and a draft pick as the third guy that we take anywhere from the 2nd round onward. I'm not opposed to take a QB in the first round but at the moment it doesn't look like it will be value at our pick.

If the Cowboys take one of Lynch or Goff they need to find a b/u capable of playing half a season. I don't want them to see the field outside of an emergency situation for at least a year. Preferably two. Let the guy sit and learn for the next season as the number 3 and then elevate him to number 2 in 2017. 2018 or 2019 he's ready to take the keys.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Come on guys, this dude has "stud" written all over him

party4.jpg

IAmLegend

Reaction score
The good thing about being behind 2 of those 3 teams is, two of them dont need a QB (SD & Tenn). We could be in a good position to draft Lynch or Goff.

Yea but if we were to get the #4 pick (unlikely), you can bet that the teams right behind us that need a QB would be trying to trade up with Tenn and SD to get ahead of us, and would probably be successful in doing so.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
1. Goff
2. Lynch
3. Wentz

In that order. Need to walk away with one of those 3 in this draft imo. The time to draft a QB is now. No more postponing, Romo is almost 36 and breaking down.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Fact is College football is not producing NFL ready qb talent any more. The spread is rampant and these one look play calls from the sideline is just killing any type of progression there used to be. Any QB drafted will take 2 years to develop to quality starter every Sunday.

And it just so happens that we have 2-3 years of good Romo left (maybe), so it's a perfect time to pick his successor.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Not sure you've watched much California football this year. Goff has not been very good.

I think he's been ok, not great. The couple times I saw him, the line play wasn't great and his receivers didn't help him out as much as they could. I have to admit that I've been putting less and less stock in game performances/results and more on what tools they possess and how it will translate at the next level. I do think Goff can read defenses and although he's not a "mobile" QB, he can move enough in the pocket to not be a statue. And even though his INTs are up this season, I like that he places the ball in a vicinity where the receiver usually has a chance to make a play. I just like his overall football I.Q. and I think he has a chance to be a pretty good QB at the next level.

With all that said, i agree that he could've looked better this year especially considering that the system he plays in is supposed to be very QB friendly.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
If we are trading a middle round pick for a QB we better make a call for Mike Glennon- hes been really impressive yet no one ever talks about him.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
So....we have a terrible team that cannot win without Romo, yet you actually see Jerry and Co drafting a blue chip QB at the top of the draft just to have him sit behind Romo throughout his first contract? Then we have to resign him before he actually is the Cowboys starter, and meanwhile, we enter next season the same way with the same team, no better on offense or defense with our top first rounder?

I'm not saying it's not wise to gamble on a QB next year (though a top 5 QB is a huge contract for a non-starter), but do you really see Jerry doing that over a sure thing at DL, DB, or WR?

Personally, unless there's a Luck or Winston on the board for us, I don't see us taking that gamble. I see a trade down for multiple first rounders, taking a top Safety or DL. Possibly taking a QB gamble on development in rounds 2 or 3, but you can't waste a rare top 5 pick on a QB to sit behind Tony unless he's a super blue-chipper.

First of all there’s no such thing as a “sure thing” in the draft at any position.

Secondly with Romo’s injury history it’s highly likely the new QB will get to start some games over the next 2-3 years so he will earn his keep and we should know whether he’s the real deal by the time his rooky contract is up (usually 4 years with a 1st round pick).

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
This guy is the epitome of bus driver. I wouldn't take Matt Ryan with a 1st rounder at this point either. Maybe a good career backup.

Nothing wrong with a bus driver...

Sometimes, bus drivers win Super Bowls. I don't care who gets the glory as long as we're winning.