At What Point Can We Say The Window Has Closed?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Unless this team makes some outside the box moves I think the window has shut. Still a lot of talent on this roster, but we can't be OK with just leaving massive holes in the starting 22. Still time for the Cowboys to make moves that actually upgrade the roster, however I can't blame fans for hitting the panic button already. I don't see any indication from this front office that 2024 is a priority.

Sydla

Reaction score
IMG-0474.gif
Going to be interesting for you.

You've been pretty clear that the Cowboys need to be more aggressive in FA.

In a week or so, you may find yourself in the odd spot of having to criticize the Cowboys and agree with many of those you call "haters" who may have accurately predicted Jerry and Stephen will do the same thing they've always done each offseason.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are losing an irreplaceable amount of starters and quality backups. The fact that most of our guys were scooped up day 1 of FA should be telling enough.

We can’t sign big names because Daks contract is too large. At what point do we say this is an unsalvageable situation and we are not going to be a 12+ win team going forward? This feels like a descent into a valley
It's alright. Most wanted to tank, they are getting their wish.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I thought the last two years were the Cowboys window to get it done, they haven't, tight against the cap, big contracts coming due, time to gut it and rebuild but we're ALL IN this year, meaming run it back again with hole fillers hoping for a different result.....

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Neither is Dak, but we're apparently stuck with him. For now.
Get rid of Dak and this team is back where they were from 1996-2015 anyway. The entire culture needs to change. Not just one player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Going to be interesting for you.

You've been pretty clear that the Cowboys need to be more aggressive in FA.

In a week or so, you may find yourself in the odd spot of having to criticize the Cowboys and agree with many of those you call "haters" who may have accurately predicted Jerry and Stephen will do the same thing they've always done each offseason.
No, I’m fine. I’ve been around long enough to know that every year’s different. I’m a high morals guy. I don’t like fans who are quitters and losers and have no hope. You just come here every day and whine. That’s low character behavior. So I know I’m on the right side of this no matter what. The haters live in misery as evidence by their constant hate. They don’t like me because I out them for what they are and it makes them angry. You angry bro?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Y'aint replacing them in the 2024 draft. Unless you think we're gonna have a bunch of Day 1 starters from it. Just like 2023 draft lol
Really only have to replace Pollard. Based on their level of play Brock Hoffman is the same guy as Biadasz. And if Sam Williams is the guy this team spent a second round pick on he can surely be DE 3 after Parsons and D-Law.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Really only have to replace Pollard. Based on their level of play Brock Hoffman is the same guy as Biadasz. And if Sam Williams is the guy this team spent a second round pick on he can surely be DE 3 after Parsons and D-Law.
Lol OK whatevs

Staubacher

Reaction score
Sorry I just won't write off the season now because we lost a running back that had one 100 yard game in 2023, a mid-level center, and a backup defensive end.
The subject wasn't writing off the season it was replacing all the guys who have left. And there'll be more. Downplay them all you want these dolts running this team aren't upgrading anything. Heck, even your own standard is "just as serviceable" not better.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if any of these players were brought back, many of the same fans would complain about that as well.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think now. We’re going to have a far weaker team next season vs. a first place schedule. I’m leaning towards no playoffs next season.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Get rid of Dak and this team is back where they were from 1996-2015 anyway. The entire culture needs to change. Not just one player.
In other words, you think Dak is irreplaceable. I also think you need to alter your timeframe. How were the Romo years so much different than the Dak years? The Romo vs. Dak years are darn near carbon copies of each other, yet you seem to give Dak a ton of credit and none to Romo, even though their career paths and accomplishments are identical.

Last edited:

gmb1

Reaction score
We are losing an irreplaceable amount of starters and quality backups. The fact that most of our guys were scooped up day 1 of FA should be telling enough.

We can’t sign big names because Daks contract is too large. At what point do we say this is an unsalvageable situation and we are not going to be a 12+ win team going forward? This feels like a descent into a valley
There was a window?

LysleE

Reaction score
The window closed this past season punctuated by Dallas’ pathetic showing in the WC playoffs.