At What Point Can We Say The Window Has Closed?

bewp7

Reaction score
it was closed since dak sign his first extension

but u can really nail it close after dak sign the next extension

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dorance Armstrong, Tyler Biadasz, and Tony Pollard aren't "irreplaceable" players.
Definitely not irreplaceable. We were looking to replace Pollard and TB. However, Armstrong had 14 sacks the last 2 seasons. He was a pretty good young player who I think the Cowboys would have liked to have kept.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It was never open. If you can't win consecutive playoff games then you're a pretender not a contender.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We are losing an irreplaceable amount of starters and quality backups. The fact that most of our guys were scooped up day 1 of FA should be telling enough.

We can’t sign big names because Daks contract is too large. At what point do we say this is an unsalvageable situation and we are not going to be a 12+ win team going forward? This feels like a descent into a valley
I mean if they don’t win 12 or 11 games it may be closed.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When it actually closes.

The window is open because they are a good team. They just aren't great which means the likelihood of them getting to a SB is very small but they still have a chance because they are good enough to get into the post season.

bigE79

Reaction score
We are losing an irreplaceable amount of starters and quality backups. The fact that most of our guys were scooped up day 1 of FA should be telling enough.

We can’t sign big names because Daks contract is too large. At what point do we say this is an unsalvageable situation and we are not going to be a 12+ win team going forward? This feels like a descent into a valley
Our window was closed the moment Troy retired.

kumizi

Reaction score
I think letting Tyron walk and not creating any cap space to make additions shows you they believe the current window is closed.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless this team makes some outside the box moves I think the window has shut. Still a lot of talent on this roster, but we can't be OK with just leaving massive holes in the starting 22. Still time for the Cowboys to make moves that actually upgrade the roster, however I can't blame fans for hitting the panic button already. I don't see any indication from this front office that 2024 is a priority.
Who left that wasn't expected? They can be replaced also.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Losing Armstrong, Pollard, and Tyler hurt that much?

kevm3

Reaction score
The problem is we are picking late in the draft, we have less picks due to the Gilmore/Cooks trades and we'll be doing little free agency. We'll have to draft well just to get back to where we were last year talent-wise much less actually get better.

If we're 'blowing it up', talk to Dak and see if he's open to a trade and trade Parsons as well. We're going to trot out another mediocre year and let our talented guys walk.

Big_D

Reaction score
They had an opportunity but the holes are adding up and the bargain bin fillers won't be enough. They reached a predicament where they have no money to overpay their own players or go out and get any. Another 12 win season in 24 seems like a pipe dream at this point.

kevm3

Reaction score
Losing Armstrong, Pollard, and Tyler hurt that much?
Considering we just lost 2 pieces on our oline and our lead runningback, I would say yes. We're letting the Eagles upgrade their run game, Henry likely to the Ravens... how exactly are we going to get better? We need to hit a homerun in the draft just to get to where we were last year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Considering we just lost 2 pieces on our oline and our lead runningback, I would say yes. We're letting the Eagles upgrade their run game, Henry likely to the Ravens... how exactly are we going to get better? We need to hit a homerun in the draft just to get to where we were last year.
It’s way to early in free agency to panic about the loss of three JAGs.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

You nailed it!
We may not even make the playoffs.