At what point does Jerry start fining Zeke?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Belichick would not allow himself to get in this situation for a couple of reasons. One, he would not allow the perception of a player getting over on him to the rest of his team and two, he keeps distractions to a minimum unlike Tomlin last year with Bell.

He would anticipate this as he did with Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins and probably Brandin Cooks and I think that's why he didn't even approach tagging Flowers. In Belichick's world, the season has begun and all of this other stuff should have already been settled.

Fines are a waste of time and the agents and players know it. L'il Johnny knows you're really not going to make him go to bed without his dinner.

This situation does not have as much to do with what Gurley got or Gordon holding out as much as what happened with Lawrence followed by the rumors of Prescott getting more than Wentz and Cooper waiting for Thomas and Jones to sign. It's simple, Elliott feels he is better than all 3 of those players at his position and wants to get his while the getting is good and there is cap space available.

I really do think that Lawrence contract is the domino on all of this. And back to Belichick, which is why you will not see him opening the checkbook up. It's not about what happens on other teams, it's only about what happens on his.

Well done, old boy!
Yes, in Belichick's world all tha should have been done before camp started.
The real problem, as I see it, is our genial fool Jerry trying desperately to be loved by his players. The players see this and take advantage. Every year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah. That's how you work out a long term deal.

Three years leading the league in rushing yards per game. Would have led the league in rushing 3 years straight if he didn't have what just about everyone believes was a nonsense suspension.

But yeah. Let's hammer him with fines and screw ourselves.

It's called taking a stand on principal.

In 1938 you would have been Neville Chamberlain carrying an umbrella and waving a flimsy piece of paper assuring us that others would be ethical and follow contracts and treaties.

Do you abide by contracts? Do you follow the rules for the good of the whole?
I dont think you do. It's an unethical world and you, too, laugh at proportion, contracts and what is good for the whole.
Quit your whining, churlish Coventry citizen of childish chaos.
Dont stir the talented ogre cause he'll make trouble for us!
Well, Zeke is in trouble, not Jerry.
You want to pay Zeke what he wants? Pay him out of your bait stand receipts!