At what point does QB confidence become the real problem?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The fact is he’s always had some errant throws. Early in this game he was lucky a couple others weren’t picked off.

But this offense has always optimized with strong running game . And until that’s restored it’s going to rely more on Daks arm which has historically lessened the effectiveness of our offense with Dak.

The fact we’ve continued to stay with Zeke I’m going to put on Jethro. And now that Pollard is hurting it’s stifling this offense and Daks effectiveness.

We need to get our RB’s healthy . I liked what Moore did bringing in Lamb in backfield.

Section446

Reaction score
It's just funny how people come up with new and creative excuses to justify why he's playing so poorly every week:
- "Well, if he just had Tyron Smith healthy."
- "Well, if he just had an average defense."
- "Well, if he just had Amari Cooper."
- "Well, if he just had a better OC."

At what point do you look at the situation and admit that Dak just isn't very good...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did you catch the look on Prescott's face after that pick 6 got the WFT back into the game? He looked shell shocked.

He has been off ever since he came back from the calf and was at his worst yet yesterday.

Add to this his comment last week about the offense "we're coming" and he puts that performance out there as proof of that? Talk about all sizzle and no steak. I think the owner had something to do with him saying that.

Now, the national media is on him as the problem on the offense but it isn't that simple, it is multiple problems including the OC, OL and mistakes by the players.

However, that does not stop the possible erosion of self-confidence that could already be happening to him. It is not just arm talent that separates the winners from the also rans, confidence is key.

This isn't about Dak's contract or whether you like him or don't, it is about what should they do to restore that confidence he had because he has had that and has proven that he can play at a high level, a top 5 level. He was even being mentioned a s MVP candidate just weeks ago.

If this team is to make any noise in the playoffs, they cannot have QB play like yesterday and they have to get this fixed before it does become a real confidence issue, if it hasn't already become one. If it has, they have to fix that sooner than later.

And is it just me but in crunch time, do you like Kellen Moore's body language and his sideline demeanor? He has been looking more confused as this progresses and I wonder if the QB is not the only one that needs a run game?

What's your plan for keeping or restoring his confidence level?
he did look shell shocked. he looks frustrated. he looks like I want to do this, but he can't....he has no power in his throws. he can't set his feet. so he is not trusting himself. then doubt sets in and you lose confidence and that's why he is talking so much....

he is trying to talk himself out of the situation and that's not possible.... sit him for couple of weeks let his leg heal a bit

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I put this in another thread as well, but I definitely think it's mental. Dak was playing loose and more natural at the beginning of the year. There was a good energy about him. Now his body language seems to lack that good energy and you can tell he is overthinking his approach and trying to force things to happen.

I'm not down on him like most. We've seen him be able to win and lead this offense to success, but he definitely needs to get back to being who he was at the beginning of the season. The one we saw in Tampa and New England.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's just funny how people come up with new and creative excuses to justify why he's playing so poorly every week:
- "Well, if he just had Tyron Smith healthy."
- "Well, if he just had an average defense."
- "Well, if he just had Amari Cooper."
- "Well, if he just had a better OC."

At what point do you look at the situation and admit that Dak just isn't very good...
You forgot:

"It's Linehan and his play calling" - Now it's "Moore and his play calling". There is one constant bewteen Linehan and Moore.

Also, "It's Garrett fault"

It doesn't matter what happens. They will find a scapegoat to absolve Dak from any responsibility.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you catch the look on Prescott's face after that pick 6 got the WFT back into the game? He looked shell shocked.

He has been off ever since he came back from the calf and was at his worst yet yesterday.

Add to this his comment last week about the offense "we're coming" and he puts that performance out there as proof of that? Talk about all sizzle and no steak. I think the owner had something to do with him saying that.

Now, the national media is on him as the problem on the offense but it isn't that simple, it is multiple problems including the OC, OL and mistakes by the players.

However, that does not stop the possible erosion of self-confidence that could already be happening to him. It is not just arm talent that separates the winners from the also rans, confidence is key.

This isn't about Dak's contract or whether you like him or don't, it is about what should they do to restore that confidence he had because he has had that and has proven that he can play at a high level, a top 5 level. He was even being mentioned a s MVP candidate just weeks ago.

If this team is to make any noise in the playoffs, they cannot have QB play like yesterday and they have to get this fixed before it does become a real confidence issue, if it hasn't already become one. If it has, they have to fix that sooner than later.

And is it just me but in crunch time, do you like Kellen Moore's body language and his sideline demeanor? He has been looking more confused as this progresses and I wonder if the QB is not the only one that needs a run game?

What's your plan for keeping or restoring his confidence level?
Anyone that knows football or sports in general knows that this happens in a heartbeat for many reasons...why did Simone Biles quit the Olympics? It happens...the real question is how to fix it....he has his contract, maybe he'll choose to flip the bird at the haters or maybe MM can get him right...some lose the grit and grind...it happens...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
he did look shell shocked. he looks frustrated. he looks like I want to do this, but he can't....he has no power in his throws. he can't set his feet. so he is not trusting himself. then doubt sets in and you lose confidence and that's why he is talking so much....

he is trying to talk himself out of the situation and that's not possible.... sit him for couple of weeks let his leg heal a bit

It's amazing how he can throw strikes when the receiver's open ....eg Coop TD.

Section446

Reaction score
You forgot:

"It's Linehan and his play calling" - Now it's "Moore and his play calling". There is one constant bewteen Linehan and Moore.

Also, "It's Garrett fault"

It doesn't matter what happens. They will find a scapegoat to absolve Dak from any responsibility.
It has to get exhausting trying to find every excuse in the book. He should have never been paid to begin with, unfortunately, we're stuck with mediocrity for 3 more years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone that knows football or sports in general knows that this happens in a heartbeat for many reasons...why did Simone Biles quit the Olympics? It happens...the real question is how to fix it....he has his contract, maybe he'll choose to flip the bird at the haters or maybe MM can get him right...some lose the grit and grind...it happens...
But the rest of us should just shut up and cheer him on?

Fans aren’t football savvy enough to offer any criticisms?

I’m not sure what you expected in a fan forum setting with open discussion ?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It has to get exhausting trying to find every excuse in the book. He should have never been paid to begin with, unfortunately, we're stuck with mediocrity for 3 more years.
They've went from "Dak is elite" to "hopefully the defense carries us".

Those poor souls really believed in Dak.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately were stuck with idiot fans.....fans that didn't give him credit for good games but pounce on him for bad games.....I HATE fans like you!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But the rest of us should just shut up and cheer him on?

Fans aren’t football savvy enough to offer any criticisms?

I’m not sure what you expected in a fan forum setting with open discussion ?
I have no issues with critics....I just don't like the name calling or fans that oy come out to talk negativity and can't acknowledge positives...