At what point does QB confidence become the real problem?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The rule is wrong??
It's wrong that they aren't consistent...I treated my coaches and players the same regardless of their stature and as a business owner, I still treat my people the same and hold them to the same standards.....no favorites

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have no issues with critics....I just don't like the name calling or fans that oy come out to talk negativity and can't acknowledge positives...
So, you’d prefer lubricating the hole before slamming something down it?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's wrong that they aren't consistent...I treated my coaches and players the same regardless of their stature and as a business owner, I still treat my people the same and hold them to the same standards.....no favorites
It’s a judgement call.

This particular thread member doesn’t have a history of bashing our QB and is a Mod too.

Everyone isn’t on the same level here.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
As someone who has suffered pretty bad depression, it could be a mental thing. Something is obviously bothering him. I don't think it is a physical issue. But all the bashing and criticism he is getting because he is the Cowboys QB, is probably not helping him if it is indeed a mental struggle. Tough spot indeed.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s a judgement call.

This particular thread member doesn’t have a history of bashing our QB and is a Mod too.

Everyone isn’t on the same level here.
I don't see it that way....we should all be held to the same standards

Slick

Reaction score
Did you catch the look on Prescott's face after that pick 6 got the WFT back into the game? He looked shell shocked.

He has been off ever since he came back from the calf and was at his worst yet yesterday.

Add to this his comment last week about the offense "we're coming" and he puts that performance out there as proof of that? Talk about all sizzle and no steak. I think the owner had something to do with him saying that.

Now, the national media is on him as the problem on the offense but it isn't that simple, it is multiple problems including the OC, OL and mistakes by the players.

However, that does not stop the possible erosion of self-confidence that could already be happening to him. It is not just arm talent that separates the winners from the also rans, confidence is key.

This isn't about Dak's contract or whether you like him or don't, it is about what should they do to restore that confidence he had because he has had that and has proven that he can play at a high level, a top 5 level. He was even being mentioned a s MVP candidate just weeks ago.

If this team is to make any noise in the playoffs, they cannot have QB play like yesterday and they have to get this fixed before it does become a real confidence issue, if it hasn't already become one. If it has, they have to fix that sooner than later.

And is it just me but in crunch time, do you like Kellen Moore's body language and his sideline demeanor? He has been looking more confused as this progresses and I wonder if the QB is not the only one that needs a run game?

What's your plan for keeping or restoring his confidence level?

I’m sorry but if you need to restore confidence in a $40M NFL QB, you got the wrong guy at the helm. That guy should be leading, not being led. Period!

He’s had that look on his face many times before.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dak has to work out of this, you can't teach mental toughness and if he has that toughness as I think he does then he will get through this. Dak has to get back to taking what the defense is giving, my view I think he is looking too much for the big play down the field and holding on to long. Would like to see them get back to the short slants and high percentage passes and develop a better rhythm and allow the big plays to come off of that. I think he is pushing to much and needs to settle back down.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Neither has the rushing game.

Dak desperately NEEDS a dominate run game to look good just like he has needed his entire career.

Having a good run game has literally nothing to do with Dak completing passes accurately, scrambling, or the obvious mechanical issues he's having now. That's a lazy argument that has no basis in reality based on the obvious issues he's currently having. He can't run and misses easy throws right now. The primary way a good run game helps a QB is if it takes more defenders out of coverage and that has nothing to do with the issues Dak is currently having. We've seen him make these plays he's currently missing in his sleep prior to this slump.

I believe Dak will turn it around but he's certainly off right now and no one can put their finger on why. But it has very little to do with the lack of run game. That's just an easy excuse to push the lazy narrative you've been pedaling for years. I have confidence he will turn it around but if he doesn't I'll absolutely acknowledge all of you Dak haters are right.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Having a good run game has literally nothing to do with Dak completing passes accurately, scrambling, or the obvious mechanical issues he's having now. That's a lazy argument that has no basis in reality based on the obvious issues he's currently having. He can't run and misses easy throws right now. The primary way a good run game helps a QB is if it takes more defenders out of coverage and that has nothing to do with the issues Dak is currently having. We've seen him make these plays he's currently missing in his sleep prior to this slump.

I believe Dak will turn it around but he's certainly off right now and no one can put their finger on why. But it has very little to do with the lack of run game. That's just an easy excuse to push the lazy narrative you've been pedaling for years. I have confidence he will turn it around but if he doesn't I'll absolutely acknowledge all of you Dak haters are right.

Well said..Dak needs to fix this and KM needs to fix the other parts

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that things this is mostly mental with the obvious that he has never been the most gifted passing QB. Dak is a tough QB. He plays through injuries pretty good actually, that's why I think there is a split second difference in his brain right now and it's showing. That split second is the difference between playing in the first quarters of NFL games and wearing a headset and a clipboard during the 1st quarter of games. He needs to figure it out though.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's in his own head, IMO. But one thing that may be a good sign that he'll get past the funk is his willingness to run a bit more yesterday. Roll outs, scrambles, and running for a first down (He seemed quicker to slide than he was before the injury, I might add.) a bit more than he had been. Unfortunately one of those roll outs was where he threw the pick 6, but that looked like a mechanical issue, with bad footwork. I think he'll get back to early season form, I just hope it happens soon.

AGREED. This was a really good sign. Not that he was running for tons of yards but running for 2-3 yards to get the 1st was great to see.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The blank look on Dak's face when things go bad seems to be a common occurrence. Personally, I'm starting to wonder if he's loaded or maybe slamming down a few before each game. I know I'm going to catch a lot of crap for this post, but something is seriously wrong with his head. He's not pre-reading defensive schemes that's leading to a lot of bad passes being thrown and when a receiver is open he's been way off the mark. A lot of posters have blamed the O-Line for Dak's recent play, but the "O" side of the ball has been pretty much health and he's still not getting it done. It's time for MM to bench this cat for a couple of games to see if that helps, if not then the 85 BEARS that showed up yesterday will be asked to carry the load and I'm not sure they can get it done against the better teams in the league...............

Wow now Dak is taking drugs and drinking before games....some of you need a hobbie.

foofighters

Reaction score
Did you catch the look on Prescott's face after that pick 6 got the WFT back into the game? He looked shell shocked.

He has been off ever since he came back from the calf and was at his worst yet yesterday.

Add to this his comment last week about the offense "we're coming" and he puts that performance out there as proof of that? Talk about all sizzle and no steak. I think the owner had something to do with him saying that.

Now, the national media is on him as the problem on the offense but it isn't that simple, it is multiple problems including the OC, OL and mistakes by the players.

However, that does not stop the possible erosion of self-confidence that could already be happening to him. It is not just arm talent that separates the winners from the also rans, confidence is key.

This isn't about Dak's contract or whether you like him or don't, it is about what should they do to restore that confidence he had because he has had that and has proven that he can play at a high level, a top 5 level. He was even being mentioned a s MVP candidate just weeks ago.

If this team is to make any noise in the playoffs, they cannot have QB play like yesterday and they have to get this fixed before it does become a real confidence issue, if it hasn't already become one. If it has, they have to fix that sooner than later.

And is it just me but in crunch time, do you like Kellen Moore's body language and his sideline demeanor? He has been looking more confused as this progresses and I wonder if the QB is not the only one that needs a run game?

What's your plan for keeping or restoring his confidence level?
He's got the yips!!! He needs Romeo to help him cure El Hosel!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
KC is probably when.

He’s looking like Stats Prescott again and not the guy who started the season for us.