At what point must we make a move for DE?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The 49ers are rebuilding and the Jets are supposedly in full Philadelphia 76ers mode so there might be opportunity there.

I'm rooting for Sheldon Richardson or Aaron Lynch, although both have character concerns.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No pass rush, no pass defense. Even Deion couldn't cover forever. Look at the GB play-off game. What would a real pass rush done for the play that got them within field goal range? Maybe given Dak one more shot with the ball?

I have been saying this for a long time now. No pass rush, no pass defense. It's immutable.

Reactions: BAT

LittleD

Reaction score
Crossing fingers on Ty Crawford. But first 2 weeks, no Irving, no Damontre Moore, maybe no Crawford. So we're left with only D Law, Mayowa, Taco, Tapper. Not good. At what point do you sign a guy like Dwight Freeney or Mario Williams, or coax D Ware out of retirement? You can always cut Freeney or Williams after 2 or 4 games when the others return.

We are not going to sign any of those over the hill guys. You should know that by now. Someone will be made available on final cuts or stashed on someone's practice squad. Look there for players.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I think we should bring Dware back outta retirement . We can use him on pass situations only. I'm down with that. Plus he a Super Bowl champion and would bring that mentality and experience to our your dline. I'm all for bringing DWare back.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I think we should bring Dware back outta retirement . We can use him on pass situations only. I'm down with that. Plus he a Super Bowl champion and would bring that mentality and experience to our your dline. I'm all for bringing DWare back.
lol. I was thinking Haley or maybe Randy White...heck, l'd take ole Harvey Martin and he's dead.;).

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has tended to play through injury. Not always effectively, but he has continued to play through shoulder injuries the past two seasons.

Yep.

After 4 weeks the ankle should be in decent shape and being a lower sprain the medical staff can tape the bejesus out of it.

lostar2009

Reaction score
DE's and pass rushers are at a premium in today's game. Teams know getting to the QB helps you win. If we are depending on roster cut guys to come in here and help, that isn't good strategy. Teams don't cut or trade pass rushers worth anything.

Pick up David Irving and George Seliva by signing off ps or another team cut them. Just gotta see what teams might throw away. Im not saying a team will cut a star but maybe someone that give them 5 or 6 sacks or a trade.

The Natural

Reaction score
The fact we even have to ask this question given the resources already invested there is really disappointing. We should be stacked there but alas we got guys that choose not to stay on the damn field.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
The fact we even have to ask this question given the resources already invested there is really disappointing. We should be stacked there but alas we got guys that choose not to stay on the damn field.

"We" are asking the questions. Are the Cowboys?

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Crossing fingers on Ty Crawford. But first 2 weeks, no Irving, no Damontre Moore, maybe no Crawford. So we're left with only D Law, Mayowa, Taco, Tapper. Not good. At what point do you sign a guy like Dwight Freeney or Mario Williams, or coax D Ware out of retirement? You can always cut Freeney or Williams after 2 or 4 games when the others return.

The time has been here since Ware left.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They normally only have 4 DEs active on game day. Taco and Tapper are a bit inexperienced but they would be the backups with DLaw and Mayoway as the starters.

They could use the 3-3-5 more often. I would like to see Jaylon at SLB in that alignment because he was a terrific pass rusher in college.

Tapper, Taco, Dlaw and Moyawa? Is that the worst DE group in the NFL?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Eli uses that quick passing game these days anyway. He was one of the least sacked QBs last year despite a suspect line. The LBs will be more important in this game.

That said, looks like Crawford will likley play.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next round of FA, after this season and the Draft after this season.