Attendance down 1000 a day in Oxnard

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I don't care what the reasons were for the recent decline of daily attendees in California. It's always hot in Texas, yet crowds attending Cowboys Texas training camps have never diminished.

Bring training camp back to San Antonio, Jerry!
Dude, you taking shots at California Cowboys fans is starting to piss me off. I'm as diehard as any Cowboys fan in Texas. And there's plenty on this site that are as well.

Half of this board is out of state (Texas).

Chill out with your gatekeeping on what a true Cowboys fan is. As if there aren't droves of bandwagon Boys fans in Texas, hoss

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
#1 has nothing to do with it. They’re in California.

Sure it does, not all of Cali is partisan, lots of transplants there. Not to mention, some travel out there from other states to visit camp in a mini-vacation. I am not saying it is the main reason but a small factor.

Smashin222

Reaction score
Sure it does, not all of Cali is partisan, lots of transplants there. Not to mention, some travel out there from other states to visit camp in a mini-vacation. I am not saying it is the main reason but a small factor.

I've been boycotting spending money on the Cowboys since Jerry's announced policy. Kneeling plays both ways and may play the opposite direction folks think in Cali.

Obviously anecdotes =/= data, but might provide some insight into lower attendance.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Not surprised to see fake Cali fans decide to jump ship. Hope Jerry relocates training camp from Cali for good. Bring it back to San Antonio, Jerry!

I understand why Texas fans want it back, however, I wouldn't underestimate the Cowboy fans in California. Just because camp attendance is down doesn't mean that there aren't a significant amount of life long Cowboy fans there going back to the Thousand Oaks training camp days. The fan clubs are crazy and I've been to many San Diego games where it was 50/50 in the stands. In fact, I love watching highlights of the Jesse Holley 49er game and seeing Cowboy fans owning that end the stadium as he gets near the goal line.

I think most everybody has nailed it, a combination of lack of star power, the changing nature of the game and a general malaise over the franchise. I also think it could spike again with a good season this year, especially by Day.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dude, you taking shots at California Cowboys fans is starting to piss me off. I'm as diehard as any Cowboys fan in Texas. And there's plenty on this site that are as well.

Chill out with your gatekeeping on what a true Cowboys fan is. As if there aren't droves of bandwagon Boys fans in Texas, hoss

AC’s cool. You wanna talk “I’m better because I’m local”? Read Diehardblues (Greg)!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't think it's a factor at all.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The problem isnt the cowboys winning. The problem is the complex where they practice. Its $20 to park 5 miles down the road in a high school unless you pay $300 for the VIP yearly fan pass. Then there is hardly any room by where the players come out. They built the cinder block wall so its limited. And also the shuttle service is a pain in the butt for people with kids. They shuttle you in school buses.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Never once did I say Cali Cowboys fans in general are bandwagon fans. I'm simply stating the obvious. Y'all get the luxury of having the Cowboys have their training camp in your state, yet 30% of attendees bail for whatever reason? Here in Texas, there NEVER has been any diminishing crowds, EVER, and that's because it is HOT AS HELL here in Texas.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Never once did I say Cali Cowboys fans in general are bandwagon fans. I'm simply stating the obvious. Y'all get the luxury of having the Cowboys have their training camp in your state, yet 30% of attendees bail for whatever reason? Here in Texas, there NEVER has been any diminishing crowds, EVER, and that's because it is HOT AS HELL here in Texas.
Who's to say that there wouldn't be diminishing crowds if held in Frisco? If you read the general narrative of the thread, it seems like there are several exterior motives for the decline. Motives that would translate in Texas as well.
Not surprised to see fake Cali fans decide to jump ship. Hope Jerry relocates training camp from Cali for good. Bring it back to San Antonio, Jerry!
You said that.

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Who's to say that there wouldn't be diminishing crowds if held in Frisco?

You said that.
Most of the north state was on fire and I know many people in the affected areas normally travel but couldn't. I've had friends and family that normally attend lose their homes. I normally go but didn't this year since I put people up in my house.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I didn’t make it out this year after two years straight. Still a big fan, just didn’t have any incentive to go see them. Wasn’t no big signing. I stay near Baltimore so I already seen Tavon Austin before. No (new) star power. We don’t have that big personality star this year like in years past. No Romo, TO, Dez types there. Dak and Zeke coming off of underwhelming seasons... it’s a lot to prove this year.

9of11

Reaction score
Because we have a no name team. Really, maybe a handful of name players but no superstars like Romo, Dez and Witten. Aikman, Irving, Smith....we currently have Dak, Zeke and....nobody else in the glamorous position of receiver or tight end. On defense we have....DLaw with only one breakout season.....and....that's about it. This year we have a no name, blue collar, working man team with no super stars....and its been like 200,000 years since we've been relevant in the league. Hopefully, like I go into every season since 1995...this is our year....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who's to say that there wouldn't be diminishing crowds if held in Frisco?

You said that.
Them fires have been in the northern and southern part of California, haven't they? No where near Oxnard where Cowboys training camp is held, so why the diminishing crowds? It's either because of hotter temperatures (which we have in Texas all year round) or 30% of those fans were not truly invested. Like I said, those diminishing fans attendance numbers would not happen in San Antonio, Texas. If Cali Cowboys fans keep not showing up, don't get upset at the messenger for stating the obvious. Get upset at them if Jerry moves training camp back to Texas.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Them fires have been in the northern and southern part of California, haven't they? No where near Oxnard where Cowboys training camp is held, so why the diminishing crowds? It's either because of hotter temperatures (which we have in Texas all year round) or 30% of those fans were not truly invested. Like I said, those diminishing fans attendance numbers would not happen in San Antonio, Texas. If Cali Cowboys fans keep not showing up, don't get upset at the messenger for stating the obvious. Get upset at them if Jerry moves training camp back to Texas.
Most of the north state was on fire and I know many people in the affected areas normally travel but couldn't. I've had friends and family that normally attend lose their homes. I normally go but didn't this year since I put people up in my house.
People come from all over call you jackass