Attendance down 1000 a day in Oxnard

dwreck27

Reaction score
Dez is a superstar
people flock to see him in a down year for the same reason a player gets voted into the top 100 when they missed the season due to injury
same reason they are chasing him in airports

Your right his new teams training camp has seen a boom in attendance with him signing on!

Oh wait!!!! :lmao2::muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Landry used to have the team practice in Thousand Oaks, Nate was explaining something along the same line
when its 100+ degrees and with that humidity you have guys needing IVs and heat exhaustion
if even a couple of your starters are affected it disrupts your practice
going to Oxnard lets them get a lot more done especially these days when you are limited in what youre able to do to begin with
of course theres the traveling circus of the Cowboys and all that entails

THAt is why they built the indoor field in Frisco

DiResta

Reaction score
Your right his new teams training camp has seen a boom in attendance with him signing on!

Oh wait!!!! :lmao2::muttley:
ok
are you saying he didnt/doesnt have a huge fan base?
this was a thing and probably will be wherever he goes
dez.png

THAt is why they built the indoor field in Frisco
Why can't they practice indoors at the Star?
I'm not sure but I think they have a contract they need to fulfill with Oxnard before they switch locations
^^^ this
they have a 2 year contract but even then they might want to extend it and hold part of their camp in Oxnard
this post describes a major reason why attendance suffered

i cant post a link to the forbidden source but the situation is that the large area next to the field that the above poster is referring to
is owned by a public company, not the city
people used to be able to park in that area but the landowners are developing it and the alternative was to park a distance away on a dirt area and pay ~$20 to do it
the City is paving the area (15 acres) so people can park and will charge less to park there

it makes sense
but any chance to point out a negative about the Dallas Cowboys and get a few clicks in the process won't (see what i did there?) be overlooked

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I would hit a shop and forget this day, for the evening, while making a tremendous dinner and thoroughly enjoying a great movie night and amazing... copulation.
Wait... I'm about to do that anyways...
I so appreciate my personal grower.
I'm in the middle of making an Alfredo with Buffalo meatballs so I'ma eat good.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Talk to me about this "Buffalo meatballs".
Very interested.
I'll be more specific. I use heavy cream seasoned however you like with a mix of asiago and smoked Gouda for the Alfredo. With ground bison, chopped garlic some white pepper and worsterchire sauce. Then I use Stubb's habanero wing sauce. Sorry for spelling I'm drunk. And chopped portabellas in the bison.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'll be more specific. I use heavy cream seasoned however you like with a mix of asiago and smoked Gouda for the Alfredo. With ground bison, chopped garlic some white pepper and worsterchire sauce. Then I use Stubb's habanero wing sauce. Sorry for spelling I'm drunk. And chopped portabellas in the bison.
This sounds amazing... I'm totally doing this.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Huh? Dez had been terrible the last couple of years...

What I will agree to is that dez plays into the fans getting them hyped while I was at camp last week and zeke largely avoids the crowds and largely ignores them all practice
Dez does have over 5,000,000 Twitter and Facebook followers, so him being gone, could have certainly affected the attendance totals, somewhat.

Last edited:

robjgrif

Reaction score
The problem isnt the cowboys winning. The problem is the complex where they practice. Its $20 to park 5 miles down the road in a high school unless you pay $300 for the VIP yearly fan pass. Then there is hardly any room by where the players come out. They built the cinder block wall so its limited. And also the shuttle service is a pain in the butt for people with kids. They shuttle you in school buses.

Agreed. Over the years I have been to Oxnard and San Antonio... The area around the facility in Oxnard is being developed so who wants to sit in traffic, wait in long lines for busses.... Get nickled and dimed by Jerry on anything and everything. Gas prices are the highest they have ever been in California. It's frustrating. And even with the drop in attendance it's still gets packed. I don't buy into the other teams in LA stuff. The chargers are very much hated by their fan base for leaving SD and don't see much attendance at their camp. Most if not all of my coworkers that are rams fans never supported the Cowboys prior to the Rams returning. Also my guess would be as much as a third of the people attending Oxnard are not from California. Many are from Arizona, Nevada, and other nearby states. Last years weak season and Dez and Witt being gone played a big part as well.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Agreed. Over the years I have been to Oxnard and San Antonio... The area around the facility in Oxnard is being developed so who wants to sit in traffic, wait in long lines for busses.... Get nickled and dimed by Jerry on anything and everything. Gas prices are the highest they have ever been in California. It's frustrating. And even with the drop in attendance it's still gets packed. I don't buy into the other teams in LA stuff. The chargers are very much hated by their fan base for leaving SD and don't see much attendance at their camp. Most if not all of my coworkers that are rams fans never supported the Cowboys prior to the Rams returning. Also my guess would be as much as a third of the people attending Oxnard are not from California. Many are from Arizona, Nevada, and other nearby states. Last years weak season and Dez and Witt being gone played a big part as well.
Im part of the Southern California Dallas Cowboys Fan Club. Theres a lot of us dpwn here amd theres mpre cowboys fans then rams or chargers fans around here. Were a deep fan base and well repersented. But honestly the way the cowboys and the city of Oxnard have done training camp turns people off. I went 2 times and really wnjoued cause O was therr to actually watch practice. Its nice weather but it couldve been better.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let’s be honest. It’s been awhile since the Cowboys won at a high level, and there wasn’t any notable buzz around camp this year.

Winning or the lack of has little to do with it. It's been 20 years since we've won anything.