Attending Dallas at Philly Game

Philmonroe

Reaction score
But why 30k? What does that mean? As far as the cheap shot over English, apologies, but when I have trouble making sense of something because of punctuation, spelling or run on sentences, it’s hard for me to not say anything.
I disagree regarding you have to say something even though that's common Internet trash talk. It's only not hard to say something online. People online are way more aggressive with their talk than what I see from similar disagreement IRL. Anonymity and lack of consequences for the most part does that to people. As far as the 30k it doesn't matter anymore. Let's just move on and hopefully agree on the next issue.

aria

Reaction score
I live in Dallas and like Philly a lot more. Maybe it’s because the history, different neighborhoods, culture, etc but I dig it. When I was getting my tattoo up there a few years ago, I had to make 4 separate trips and would spend extra time to hang out and do different things in the city.

I can’t speak for going to a football game because they do seem like heathens but I met several locals in different bars and they instantly recognized I wasn’t from the NE. Inevitably, football came up. When I told them I was a Cowboys fan it would turn into some fun trash talk and nearly everytime either they would buy me a beer and I would return the favor or vice versa.

I’ve also said this before but my old roomate is a Giants fan. Last time we went to a game in Dallas I couldn’t have been more embarrassed. The entire time I thought we were foing to get in a fight. It used to be fun trash talking but from the parking lot to waiting in beer lines to sitting in our seats, a lot of fans were straight up jerks for no reason other than due to the shirt he was wearing.

We have been going to games together for years and never had any problems. The first time it happened, I chalked it up to bad luck, just happened to be around some jerks, there’s “bad apples” everywhere. But the second time it happened, the following year, I had enough and almost got into it with other Cowboys fans myself.

Point being, while I do think Philly has a somewhat deserved bad reputation, it happens everyhwere, just maybe not to that degree. Personally, I doubt I would wear any Cowboys gear just because I wouldn’t want to deal with the hassle.

On a side note, one of my Uber drivers pulled up, I jumped in and noticed everything he had was Cowboys gear. From seat covers, steering wheel cover, floor mats....everything. I lol’ed and asked him if ever had any problems and he chuckled and said some people would just talk a little trash to him but nothing serious. That dude is brave, lol.

ESisback

Reaction score
I disagree regarding you have to say something even though that's common Internet trash talk. It's only not hard to say something online. People online are way more aggressive with their talk than what I see from similar disagreement IRL. Anonymity and lack of consequences for the most part does that to people. As far as the 30k it doesn't matter anymore. Let's just move on and hopefully agree on the next issue.

That’s cool and all, but I’m still curious about the 30k thing. What was it in reference to? Yearly income? Net worth? Population? How did you arrive at that number? Just curious about a random, apparently inaccurate number that has no bearing on anything.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That’s cool and all, but I’m still curious about the 30k thing. What was it in reference to? Yearly income? Net worth? Population? How did you arrive at that number? Just curious about a random, apparently inaccurate number that has no bearing on anything.
Don't care about your curiosity honestly. Sorry I apparently hit a nerve and you can't let it go. Have a great day

ESisback

Reaction score
Don't care about your curiosity honestly. Sorry I apparently hit a nerve and you can't let it go. Have a great day

So tell me, if I’m the one who “can’t let it go”, why do you keep replying? Apparently, I’ve hit a nerve as well! Right, Mr. 15k?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Just common sense, but Phil says that’s “fear mongering”!
Stop looking for online friends old man. If y'all said this about every stadium I wouldn't say nothing but acting like this is the only place is something different aka fear mongering. Senility is kicking in I see.

CB61

Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

I'll be attending the game this Sunday night. This trip is our annual NFL Stadium tour with my friends. First time in Philadelphia. Any cool food/bar recommendations from people that know the city well?

Much appreciated.
I went to a Dallas Philly game when it was at the vet, I went with four guys that were pretty big wore my Dallas stuff to the game was advised not to when we went out to eat night before my best advice to you is stay close to Stadium personnel and not rile up Philly fans root for the Cowboys if they start winning like a little field mouse or risk getting pummeled three or four people started with me thank God guys were with me were all 64 us 280 I'm 6 foot 200 lb oh, they are just itching for a fight don't give them one we also had several Cowboy fans around us did not make a difference they did nothing but heckle us all game I believe Dallas won the game that year 17 14 it was the most scared I've ever been being anywhere outside of home

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fear mongering and stereotyping? Naw, just more prepared. You think you’re the only one who’s seen stuff? Anyone that doesn’t share your opinion is just a misinformed coward, right? Like I said, go solo all you want. The rest of us will be prepared, completely unchanged by your opinions.
It’s just preference. I no longer want to be surrounded by drunk, angry, screaming idiots. And on top of it the cowboys suck. So where’s the fun part?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Agreed,
The thing is that Garrett pains me enough , and then to see morons from moronelphia celebrating .

Just would sting a bit more .

ESisback

Reaction score
Stop looking for online friends old man. If y'all said this about every stadium I wouldn't say nothing but acting like this is the only place is something different aka fear mongering. Senility is kicking in I see.

If you can assume I’m old, I can assume you’re a kid, but for the record, I’ve probably forgotten more than you’ll ever know. Sure, this stuff could happen at any stadium, especially when the Cowboys are involved, but we were talking about venturing into Eagle territory wearing the colors of their most hated rival, weren’t we? You call it fear mongering if Cowboy fans take a common sense approach? Maybe the media DOES play up the level of moronic behavior in Philly, but there have been so many documented occurrences of unfriendly lunacy, that to deny it smacks of desperate embarrassment. As far as looking for friends, I have plenty online AND off, but thanks for asking!

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I live close by,,,if you need a place to recover from your beating for a few days i can send you my address. May God of whomever you believe in go with you and protect you.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If you can assume I’m old, I can assume you’re a kid, but for the record, I’ve probably forgotten more than you’ll ever know. Sure, this stuff could happen at any stadium, especially when the Cowboys are involved, but we were talking about venturing into Eagle territory wearing the colors of their most hated rival, weren’t we? You call it fear mongering if Cowboy fans take a common sense approach? Maybe the media DOES play up the level of moronic behavior in Philly, but there have been so many documented occurrences of unfriendly lunacy, that to deny it smacks of desperate embarrassment. As far as looking for friends, I have plenty online AND off, but thanks for asking!
You can assume whatever you like makes me no difference. I'm sure you have forgotten more useless stuff than me and I'm not surprised. Yep I call exaggerating a few situations into a war zone fear mongering. I've never denied it happened liar. I said it was exaggerated but when you're desperate to be right people love to start lying. You can say you're not looking for friends but your passive aggressive brown nosing post says otherwise old man. Lastly I didn't ask I said stop looking for them. There is a difference maybe you might need some glasses to go with your milk.

ESisback

Reaction score
You can assume whatever you like makes me no difference. I'm sure you have forgotten more useless stuff than me and I'm not surprised. Yep I call exaggerating a few situations into a war zone fear mongering. I've never denied it happened liar. I said it was exaggerated but when you're desperate to be right people love to start lying. You can say you're not looking for friends but your passive aggressive brown nosing post says otherwise old man. Lastly I didn't ask I said stop looking for them. There is a difference maybe you might need some glasses to go with your milk.

It’s so nice to share ideas with teenagers, but “war zone fear mongering”? Now who’s exaggerating? We were merely suggesting taking precautions and being smart when traveling to the stadium of a team known to have jealousy/rage issues. Sure it happens everywhere, but we were talking Philly, not everywhere else. The number of documented events/episodes is daunting. That’s factual, not exaggerations. Another fact: teenagers are prone to exaggerate and create drama.

I’m really not feeling desperate to be right. I’m just not intimidated by children.