Attending Dallas at Philly Game

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Philly is known for their Cheesetaks and I've been told that Dalessandro's Steaks are the best, so if you're looking to experience a Philly Cheese Steak, I'd recommend stopping there.

Be safe and don't wear Cowboys gear. And I apologize in advance that you're not getting a better game to attend.
Cheesetaks u bet the best

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

I'll be attending the game this Sunday night. This trip is our annual NFL Stadium tour with my friends. First time in Philadelphia. Any cool food/bar recommendations from people that know the city well?

Much appreciated.

Reading Terminal Market- very cool indoor market with great food vendors
Breakfast- Downhome Dinner- Amish run this. Everything is homemade

Lunch
Food Networks Best sandwich in AmericA DiNics Italiani Pork.

Termini Bros Cannolis are also very good.

Cheesesteaks- the Big 3 well known are Jim’s (South St) Pats & Geno’s South Phila- Jim’s is the best of this lot and closer to center city

Others- Dellasandros are great but they aren’t downtown. Tony Luke’s makes a good steak. Really anywhere including the food carts will make a decent cheese steak. Do some onl8ne research and you’ll find tons of recommendations.

Bars
If you like beer you have to go to Monk’s Tavern. They have the biggest beer list you’ll probably ever see. Good food as well.

Bob & Barbara’s- the Stars Wars Bar of Philly. You will see everyone and everything there but it’s a great vibe. Outstanding drinks and live jazz (not slow boring). B&B special- PBR pounder & shot of Beam (if that’s your thing)

Hit up Lorenzo’s for a giant slice after drinking at B&B

South Street- this is just a strip of bars, restaurants and random shops, Well worth checking out.
Old City- is another similar area to hit up bars,

Philly is easy to get around since it’s a grid. The subway is basically an + across the city. The Broad Street line runs N-S and can get you to the game. Market-Frankfort runs E-W more or less. Center City is pretty walkable if you want

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
You don't need to travel in packs like this is gangs of NY. Like you said that guy will be okay but I agree the NE in general is more confrontational esp in the cheaper seats.

NE in general? What’s NE?

Travel solo all you want. I’ve seen too many things, and I’d rather be safe than sorry. Many people feel that way, too. The battery throwers and poop eaters are less likely to try anything on a group.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
NE in general? What’s NE?

Travel solo all you want. I’ve seen too many things, and I’d rather be safe than sorry. Many people feel that way, too. The battery throwers and poop eaters are less likely to try anything on a group.
North east. I've already done it so I'm speaking on experience not scarred heresy. I'm not a person claiming safe over sorry at a football game like its gang warfare. For you and others that feel that type of fear I understand even though I disagree and think most of y'all let fear mongering and stereotyping shape your views.

ESisback

Reaction score
Fear mongering and stereotyping? Naw, just more prepared. You think you’re the only one who’s seen stuff? Anyone that doesn’t share your opinion is just a misinformed coward, right? Like I said, go solo all you want. The rest of us will be prepared, completely unchanged by your opinions.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Why anyone would want to go that crap hole and watch a game, is beyond me.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Fear mongering and stereotyping? Naw, just more prepared. You think you’re the only one who’s seen stuff? Anyone that doesn’t share your opinion is just a misinformed coward, right? Like I said, go solo all you want. The rest of us will be prepared, completely unchanged by your opinions.
I'm always prepared but if it makes you feel better you can be more prepared than me. Here we go with the emotions part of the discussion. Could you show me the post where I said or even implied I've saw more than anybody else? Please let's not make up stuff just because. I never said no one who doesn't share my view is a misinformed coward so no need to ask me that stupid question. I get it I've got you in your feelings so you have to make up things but we can post based on what the other actually said not made up stuff. I do go solo all I want because unlike you and others I don't live in fear of being hurt by these allegedly big bad meanies like others do. I never asked you to be changed by my opinions so again more making stuff up just because. Please stop doing that its unbecoming just like replying to me passive aggressively by not quoting or @ me.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Another suggestion. Use the next day or 2 to get your affairs in order...good luck

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm always prepared but if it makes you feel better you can be more prepared than me. Here we go with the emotions part of the discussion. Could you show me the post where I said or even implied I've saw more than anybody else? Please let's not make up stuff just because. I never said no one who doesn't share my view is a misinformed coward so no need to ask me that stupid question. I get it I've got you in your feelings so you have to make up things but we can post based on what the other actually said not made up stuff. I do go solo all I want because unlike you and others I don't live in fear of being hurt by these allegedly big bad meanies like others do. I never asked you to be changed by my opinions so again more making stuff up just because. Please stop doing that its unbecoming just like replying to me passive aggressively by not quoting or @ me.
You’re the one first using the phrase ‘fear mongering and stereotyping’! Once again, do what you want and believe what you want. It has no effect whatsoever on the opinion of MANY people on this board that would rather not put on Cowboy colors and venture into The Linc solo without any kind of contingency plan.

Also, why do people think others are ‘getting emotional’? It seems to me that when they start feeling like they’re “losing” a debate, THEY get emotional and start grasping at straws!

Last edited:

tm1119

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...f2701dbe0a3_story.html?utm_term=.962d9b0b92ec

Like I said, philly gets the stereotype, but not even the worst. People get killed in California at sporting events, but Philly threw snowballs at Santa!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You’re the one first using the phrase ‘fear mongering and stereotyping’! Once again, do what you want and believe what you want. It has no effect whatsoever on the opinion of MANY people on this board that would rather not put on Cowboy colors and venture into The Linc solo without any kind of contingency plan.

Also, why do people think others are ‘getting emotional’? It seems to me that when they start feeling like they’re “losing” a debate, THEY get emotional and start grasping at straws!
No stuff I will do what I want and y'all can do the same. Who ever tried to stop y'all from doing so? I said my pov just like others said theirs. Getting emotional is maybe an over exaggeration but when you (general you) start adding things that wasn't said and or asking questions that we both know are please worthy it feels more emotional than us having a back and forth based on disagreements. Only person that is grassing at straws is a person asking questions and making statements that the other person never said.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Friend lives in NJ, and that is where he goes as well. You could always stop at Rocky's bar... I think it is like a pizza place or something lol.
I'm not sure about Rocky's bar.
I try not to go philly if I don't have to. It's mostly a toilet.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds good.
Ask for long hots on the side. They're just hot peppers cooked in oil. They're hit or miss with heat so I always get them on the side.
They also have cheese steaks and such too. The woman working the front window is like the soup ****, so make sure you know what you're getting when you get to the window. Expect a line.
I love their roast pork Italian.