Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Legend

Reaction score
A lot of fans on here seem to prefer an elite QB putting up “great” regular season stats.

That did not work with Tony Romo.

I prefer an offense with Zeke + OL, stud WR, dominant D, and non-elite QB like Dak who protects the ball...due to salary cap..

In my opinion, that is the way to go if the Cowboys want to reach a NFC Championship game again.

rags747

Reaction score
Yes for both Dak and Zeke... Also, to see if Dak was an elite QB or not... to get his true worth.

The FO do not care about winning anymore. Just padding their net worth...

If they cared about winning, they would have signed Eric Reid and/or traded for ET, kept Dez on reduced salary, and acquired Josh Gordon.
Eric Reed is complete trash, why would they sign a dump truck when they need a sports car...He's garbage. Tanking the season for reduced salaries...We have come to Tinfoil Hat time folks!

Brax

Reaction score
I do not want AR and his ridiculous contract.

I remembered the early 90’s with multiple QBs who had better stats than Aikman.

However, the Cowboys put the beat down on these teams due to top ranked D, ST, and balanced power running offense.

I want the Cowboys to complete copying the early 90’s championship formula.
Here you go "I don't want to pay for a QB" Lets do it like the 90's team
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/327592/AIKMAN-COWBOYS-SIGN-NFLS-BIGGEST-CONTRACT.html
they paid the man because he was that good.

rags747

Reaction score
Lol right Dak

Garrett is a good coach being held down by Dak lol

Garrett is the worst coach in the nfl by a mile. He will hopefully get fired because he is not good at anything, has underperformed.

Serves him right btw. His chickens have come hope to roost after he sabotaged an entire season of ours and Wade Philips in order to be the coach
Dak is holding back the entire team, everyone pays.

Legend

Reaction score
Eric Reed is complete trash, why would they sign a dump truck when they need a sports car...He's garbage. Tanking the season for reduced salaries...We have come to Tinfoil Hat time folks!

Eric Reed will be better than our current safeties...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
For the Dak haters and individuals who want the Cowboys to change QBs...

Even the great Aaron Rodgers is getting called out for:

-poor mechanics
-not seeing the field
-bad reads
-missing open targets
-sailing passes over open targets
-holding ball way too long
-turnovers... fumbles at the worst times

There is no perfect QB... Instead build a complete team with minimal weaknesses.

See below for a sample of criticism Aaron Rodgers is facing.

Missed another wide open target for TD. The Packers missed the FG.

Missed 3 wide open targets. Instead checked down to target with no chance to make a play.

Throws pass too high for a 6’7” TE

Greg Jennings calling out Aaron Rodgers

For missing open targets

“A big factor for this issue could be a lack of trust from Rodgers. Whether it’s from not trusting his wide receivers because of limited practice time or it is because he doesn’t trust what he is seeing in McCarthy’s play calling scheme, it is an area that needs to improve.”

For sailing passes and not setting his feet

“Given Rodgers’ school yard style of play at times, he doesn’t always set his feet as he throws and will throw the ball from awkward arm angles. Both of these characteristics will diminish any quarterback’s accuracy, including Aaron Rodgers.

Against the Lions this past Sunday, Rodgers had a clean pocket to throw from and had plenty of space to step forward into the throw. Despite this, he never set his feet and proceeded to overthrow his six-foot-seven tight end Jimmy Graham, for what should have been an easy touchdown pass.”

Rodgers going off-script

“What makes Aaron Rodgers so special is his ability to create when a play is broken down. This often leads to Rodgers making some sort of spectacular play. While this is a key part to his game and has given the Packers a lot of success, it is Rodgers’ weakness as well.

It is not uncommon for Rodgers to pass up an easy completion to an open receiver because he doesn’t like what he sees or because he thinks there is a bigger play potentially developing down the field.”

A fan’s comment

“Article is correct. Rodgers is not seeing the field at all and his reads. He's holding the ball way too long. Dump it or have a safety valve, not all receivers in one spot down the fiels; live for another play and NO FUMBLES for christ sake. Rodgers deserves as much blame as do the others on the same capers, I mean pertine defense! High drafts on defense, no pass rush again this year, and wide open, OPEN receivers. Why do our receivers struggle to get separation when no names from other teams do? Simple: MM non schemes”.

Rodgers is playing on one leg because of his Knee. Plus he was league MVP and has superbowl rings.... until Dak does at least one of those, all comparisons to Rodgers are meaningless drivel....

InTheZone

Reaction score
One of AR's faults early on was holding onto the ball. Not one person blamed the OL or the WRs for him taking so many sacks and hits early on. This was also a fault of Romo.

But guess what....they were accurate and if they wanted to settle for something quick or short they could do just that. They were gamers and don't want to settle for less. You can give Dak an easy first read and he may or may not be able to complete the pass to the WR on the run. And in the same scenario Dak may not even think the guy is open so he'll just tuck and sack.

You trying to compare Dak to AR is comical. He has proven more often than not he's seeing the field properly. Dak has one good game out of 12 and it's "I told you haters Dak would prove you wrong!" Stop defending the dude already, it's sad.

********************************************************************************

Legend

Reaction score
Rodgers is playing on one leg because of his Knee. Plus he was league MVP and has superbowl rings.... until Dak does at least one of those, all comparisons to Rodgers are meaningless drivel....
No comparisons to AR.

Just showing you all that even elite QBs miss reads, miss open targets, fumbles, and so on.

Likewise, replacing Dak with an elite QB will not get rid of all of the complaints you all have.

I prefer building around Dak because with dominant O and D... the Cowboys can contend and beat any pass happy team with elite QBs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It seemed that way to me... for Zeke to underperform as well due to the RB #’s ... Bell and others are seeking.

However, Zeke is just too good.

So they downgraded the talent and went to the media with quotes like this:

"Yeah, you know at that position, it kind of is what it is," EVP Stephen Jones said Wednesday, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "You kind of, when the time comes, [expect to pay him]. I know Dak is going to have a good year this year. I hope it's up there. It's going to be as he deserves. He was a fourth-round pick. No one deserves to get paid fairly more than he does."
so the goal is not to win, go to playoffs and win superbowls, the goal is to be sucky and get cheaper contracts...ooookkk then...got it.

Sydla

Reaction score
A lot of fans on here seem to prefer an elite QB putting up “great” regular season stats.

I prefer an offense with Zeke + OL, stud WR, dominant D, and non-elite QB like Dak who protects the ball...due to salary cap..

In my opinion, that is the way to go if the Cowboys want to reach a NFC Championship game again.

In today's game, if you can't threaten downfield in the passing game you won't win.

People have pointed out that other QBs that have been mediocre have won SBs. True. But they are different kinds of QBs. Flacco was a guy who could make throws and threaten every level of the defense and got hot. Dak is increasingly showing an inability to throw the ball down the field. He's quick to dump it off. You can't win in this league consistently doing just that, even if you give him a better WR.

Flacco is a guy that can flick his wrist and complete and 35 yard pass with ease and threaten defenses to make them back off. And he also has no fear of throwing interceptions and making mistakes. A guy like that gets hot, like he did, and you can ride him and a defense to a SB. But that's not Dak at this point. He's a scared QB who has little pocket presence now. He's making bad passes from clean pockets. He's stubbornly refusing to push the ball down the field even when guys are open because he's afraid of making a mistake.

People point to the benefit of his low turnover counts............. but there's a downside to that. Is he not throwing interceptions because he's wildy accurate and makes really smart decisions on longer throws? Or is he quick to dump it off, take the safe route and not try to stress a defense?

At this point it's more the latter than the former. The way he's playing now, it won't matter what you put around him. This franchise won't be a consistent upper echelon franchise with him.

Legend

Reaction score
In today's game, if you can't threaten downfield in the passing game you won't win.

People have pointed out that other QBs that have been mediocre have won SBs. True. But they are different kinds of QBs. Flacco was a guy who could make throws and threaten every level of the defense and got hot. Dak is increasingly showing an inability to throw the ball down the field. He's quick to dump it off. You can't win in this league consistently doing just that, even if you give him a better WR.

Flacco is a guy that can flick his wrist and complete and 35 yard pass with ease and threaten defenses to make them back off. And he also has no fear of throwing interceptions and making mistakes. A guy like that gets hot, like he did, and you can ride him and a defense to a SB. But that's not Dak at this point. He's a scared QB who has little pocket presence now. He's making bad passes from clean pockets. He's stubbornly refusing to push the ball down the field even when guys are open because he's afraid of making a mistake.

People point to the benefit of his low turnover counts............. but there's a downside to that. Is he not throwing interceptions because he's wildy accurate and makes really smart decisions on longer throws? Or is he quick to dump it off, take the safe route and not try to stress a defense?

At this point it's more the latter than the former. The way he's playing now, it won't matter what you put around him. This franchise won't be a consistent upper echelon franchise with him.

That is why a true #1 WR is needed. The Cowboys have not had one since 2014.

Brax

Reaction score

God now you imply TR was elite when your constant theme has been he was in not as good a Dak. I give up I've been had (by a troll as some are calling him). I'm out of here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No comparisons to AR.

Just showing you all that even elite QBs miss reads, miss open targets, fumbles, and so on.

Likewise, replacing Dak with an elite QB will not get rid of all of the complaints you all have.

I prefer building around Dak because with dominant O and D... the Cowboys can contend.
of course great QBs misread....they are not 100% perfect, but they do the right thing majority of the time compared to screwing up almost all of the time. you can't take one or few plays to make case, you have to look at entire body of the work. Dak in his third year, still doesn't set his feet to throw and has one of the worst throwing motions of QBs in the league. you can't say that about Rodgers. replacing Dak with Romo will not solve all the problems, but will alleviate a lot of other issues and cover a lot of warts. it starts and ends with QB. they elevate or sink a team. put Julio Jones and Anthony Brown on either side and you will see a 20% improvement because they make improvements, but the team and offense will continue to struggle. when Dak refuses to throw into tight windows, doesn't see the field, doesn't make accurate throws, it doesn't matter who you have on the team.

your comparison was a failure from the start.

Legend

Reaction score
so the goal is not to win, go to playoffs and win superbowls, the goal is to be sucky and get cheaper contracts...ooookkk then...got it.
Yes for Stephen Jones... 22+ years and counting... since fans are still filling the stadium and buying merchandise.

Sydla

Reaction score
No comparisons to AR.

I prefer building around Dak because with dominant O and D... the Cowboys can contend and beat any pass happy team with elite QBs.

But you did make a comparison. You claimed elsewhere that you essentially doubt the Cowboys would be better with Rodgers instead of Dak. That's a comparison between the two, whether you want to admit it or not.

Yes, all QBs miss reads, make bad throws. Dak is making way more mistakes than your typical upper echelon QB and therein lies a significant difference and why the purpose of this thread is questionable.

The Cowboys likely cannot contend if they don't get better QB even if they improve the talent. You assume Dak makes this noteworthy improvement if they get him better talent. But why do you assume that? People are showing oodles and oodles of plays where Dak is simply missing open WRs, showing poor mechanics, etc. It's been shown a few times against the Texans that Cowboys WRs had the Texans CBs beat deep for big gains and Dak simply looked off them. To assume he would suddenly make that throw if it were Antonio Brown instead of Hurns is a large leap in logic. An open WR is an open WR. If Dak can't hit open WRs now, it won't matter who the hell the open WR is.