Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I'd rather be competitive in every game than be throwing for 400 yards and taking 30 point L's....Dak is not the problem. Playcalling is the problem. Clapping on the sidelines is the problem. Romo would have needed X-Rays after mixing it up with clowney and watt...Dak needs a real TE. And a go-to-guy at WR. They need to stop the rotation at WR. Butler should be the #1 if they can't trade for Kenny Stills...Maybe they could get him if they go all in for devante parker. Supposedly Parker is on the block...I would overpay to potentially get a #1 and #2 WR
Pretty sure Rogers is competitive in every game...

Sydla

Reaction score
That is why a true #1 WR is needed. The Cowboys have not had one since 2014.

One, a true #1 WR isn't need to win a SB.

Two, a true #1 WR doesn't really address the points I made to you in the post.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
WOWWWWWWWWW, I did not expect that response. Bravo CowboyRoy!

Why buddy? I am a realist. The 2016 holds weight, but only so much. He is clearly having issues that go beyond the Oline problems and receivers. Now if you want to bring in a real coach some good receivers and a good Oline I am sure he could play much better. But the notion of him being some franchise savior looks to be in the toilet. He is part of the problem at this point. Not making players better around him.

Sydla

Reaction score
True #1 WR coupled with dominant D, Zeke, and OL.

OK.

Name for us the last team that had a dominant RB, dominant OL, elite defense, true #1 WR and basically studs at every position and won?

Hint? There isn't a team like that. It's almost impossible to build a team like that.

Legend

Reaction score
But you did make a comparison. You claimed elsewhere that you essentially doubt the Cowboys would be better with Rodgers instead of Dak. That's a comparison between the two, whether you want to admit it or not.

Yes, all QBs miss reads, make bad throws. Dak is making way more mistakes than your typical upper echelon QB and therein lies a significant difference and why the purpose of this thread is questionable.

The Cowboys likely cannot contend if they don't get better QB even if they improve the talent. You assume Dak makes this noteworthy improvement if they get him better talent. But why do you assume that? People are showing oodles and oodles of plays where Dak is simply missing open WRs, showing poor mechanics, etc. It's been shown a few times against the Texans that Cowboys WRs had the Texans CBs beat deep for big gains and Dak simply looked off them. To assume he would suddenly make that throw if it were Antonio Brown instead of Hurns is a large leap in logic. An open WR is an open WR. If Dak can't hit open WRs now, it won't matter who the hell the open WR is.

Dak is the perfect bus driver. Build around him...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No comparisons to AR.

Just showing you all that even elite QBs miss reads, miss open targets, fumbles, and so on.

Likewise, replacing Dak with an elite QB will not get rid of all of the complaints you all have.

I prefer building around Dak because with dominant O and D... the Cowboys can contend and beat any pass happy team with elite QBs.

What you're doing is called a false equivalence.

No serious discussion is necessary.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Diversify by getting Dak some help or weapons... so the blame can be shared and not just on the QB.
Like one of the best RB's in the game and one of the best O-line's in the game? No WR we can get is going to get 5 yards of separation so Dak can throw his pass late and be able to complete it.

Dak is not accurate.
Dak has poor pocket presence.
Dak is not seeing the field well.
Dak is holding the ball too long.
Dak is afraid/unable to throw deep.

We can give him more weapons, but none of those weapons are going to fix the above issues. He needs to improve or we need to move on. That's all there is to it.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Romo and Rodgers have had weapons. Dak? Caca. Big difference.

Bologna. Romo made Laurent Robinson a wealthy man. Same with Miles Austin. Romo also didn’t face stacked box defenses... because he had no run game and he could actually throw the ball. The Dak defense is breaking down rapidly

Scotman

Reaction score
But Aaron Rodgers can carry a team without great weapons and has done so. Therein lies the difference.

Let's assume we get Tua two years from now (hoping, crossing fingers, praying). Would he improve the offense? Of course, he would.
But there's a ying and yang in football, especially with our team.
When the offense is great, the defense isn't. That was the case with Romo.
When the defense is great, the offense is suspect. That's the case now.

Furthermore, it's not that we have great receivers. No one says we do. Heck, when Cowboys fans were saying during Training Camp, we'll be okay, I was saying, "Just wait."
Nevertheless, the problem is Dak is not doing HIS part. He's not hitting open receivers. He's not pulling the trigger. And, for the most part, he is not accurate with his throws. And I was a big fan of his his rookie year. I believed we should have stayed with him vs. Romo because we were on a roll, and you don't interrupt momentum.

But I'm being objective as possible. And Dak is not fulfilling his role as a quarterback, and it's not all on the receivers. A good quarterback can make average receivers better. When watching film, Dak misses open receivers a lot and then he doesn't anticipate openings.

But this fits the Jason Garrett pattern. We have to overcome poor coaching, poor quarterbacking and poor defensive schemes by having BLUE TALENT EVERYWHERE; otherwise, we're not going ANYWHERE.
Dak is currently a below average bus driver...of a broken down bus.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we have reached new frontiers of madness when it comes to Noodles Dak employees......whats next a Post on how Dak is the all time best QB the Cowboys have ever had....better than Dandy,Roger,Troy, etc etc....gent's there trolling or on Dak's PR payroll and promoting the product that is named Noodles Dak Prescott ....jeez...Rodgers come again???....guess Pink Elephants in the end here will be flying here in our wonderful forums........lol...

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak is the perfect bus driver. Build around him...

Except as he is playing right now, no, he's not the perfect bus driver.

The perfect bus driver is a guy that takes what is given to him.

That's not Dak. He's missing open WRs. He has wildly inconsistent with his mechanics and fundamentals.

Legend

Reaction score
OK.

Name for us the last team that had a dominant RB, dominant OL, elite defense, true #1 WR and basically studs at every position and won?

Hint? There isn't a team like that. It's almost impossible to build a team like that.

Seattle was the closest with Lynch rushing for over 1300 yards and Wilson rushing for 849 yards.

Their D was really good and put a spanking on Manning and the Broncos.

However, top receiver Baldwin had over 800 yards receiving.

Dak is not as good as Wilson. So he needs a better WR. A true #1 WR.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Dak got 900 yards on the year and 5 TDs. Rodgers had 450 and 3 TDs in that BAD game LOL.

Dak is more comparable to Quincy Carter.

Sydla

Reaction score
Seattle was the closest with Lynch rushing for over 1300 yards and Wilson rushing for 849 yards.

There D was really good and put a spanking on Manning and the Broncos.

However, top receiver Baldwin had over 800 yards receiving.

Dak is not as good as Wilson. So he needs a better WR. A true #1 WR.

So the answer to my question is there really isn't a team out there built like the one you want.

This is hilarious when you think about it.

You think the smarter strategy here is to basically try to get studs at all these positions to protect a mediocre QB. Wouldn't it make more sense to just try to fix one position instead of have to upgrade like 7 positions?

birdwells1

Reaction score
I knew Dak was not on the elite QB level during 2016.

I did not like how JG tried to play Dak like he was AR and other elite QBs as well... especially trying to have shootouts when the Cowboys played Green Bay.

It all went to Dak’s head when he won NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

I saw Zeke like Emmitt the engine to build the offense around.

Thus, Dak only needed a True #1 WR to complete the Triplets 2.0.

If the Cowboys had a true wr then he and Zeke would be called "The Twins".