Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

CowboyGil

Reaction score
You're comparing Dak Prescott, a third-year quarterback who has struggled with accuracy and loss his only playoff game, with Aaron Rodgers, a proven veteran who has won a Super Bowl, is considered one of the best quarterbacks ever but may be on the downside of an illustrious career?
You're actually comparing Dak's inaccuracy with Rodger's inaccuracy? :huh:
He's comparing criticisms. Reading is fundamental.

Legend

Reaction score
Impossible.

Our receivers never get open. I’ve read it on this forum many times it has to be true

Can our receivers make contested catches?
Can they turn small gains into larger ones?
Do they command double teams?

Sydla

Reaction score
That is why the D especially the safeties have to be upgraded.

What happened to AR and the Pack the following week?

They ran into a juggernaut of an offense led by a QB much better than Dak Prescott who came out of the gate hot and torched the Pack defense.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's comparing criticisms. Reading is fundamental.

And the comparison of criticisms doesn't work. Additionally, he later, in this very thread, then did start making some comparisons between Rodgers and Dak.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

If they are getting that kind of separation and the catches are contested then you have a quarterback problem not receiver problem

And if it wasn’t for people taking screen passes and then making them go 40+ yards turning small gains until larger ones, Dak would be averaging about 130 yards per game

Just curious, as Dak Prescotts agent what percent of his endorsement deals do you get for your cut?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They are open enough to not be contested if the QB is accurate and timely with his throws.
If he hits them in stride then small gains could become larger ones, he rarely does this.
No. Receivers don't have to command double teams to be effective, they just have to get open, which as has been discussed, they are.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
its called "Daklooniness" ( Insane belief that Dak Prescott is great QB not know if treatment can cure at this time; Mental illness caused in some by watching to many Dak Prescott QB'ed games) ) , Legend has lost his mind as well as some others on this site. He is trying so hard to prove how great Dak is that most are just laughing at his pitiful posts. Have pity on him, he can not be in his right mind.
I missed the part of the post where he says Dak is a great QB.

Legend

Reaction score
....that is still fundamentally comparing a scrub 3 year QB to one of the greatest QBs of all time. Tyke is pointing out that just because the criticisms are dumb when aimed at Rodgers doesn't mean it's dumb when they are aimed at Dak.

Sheesh.

Criticisms are not dumb. Packers and Cowboys both lost.

Packers fans are mad at AR for missing 2 easy TDs and losing 2 fumbles.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
And the comparison of criticisms doesn't work. Additionally, he later, in this very thread, then did start making some comparisons between Rodgers and Dak.
the criticisms work because they're just generic criticisms that can be applied to any QB. I think we all know overall, you can't compare the two.

Sydla

Reaction score
Criticisms are not dumb. Packers and Cowboys both lost.

Packers fans are mad at AR for missing 2 easy TDs and losing 2 fumbles.

But the comparisons are dumb. Maybe some Packers fans are critical of the mistakes Rodgers made or the throws he missed but those are criticisms born out of specific plays only. They are not criticizing him because of a pattern of mess ups and mistakes. The criticism here of Dak goes beyond the fact he missed Hurns on a long ball. The criticisms of Dak are based in a growing body of evidence that he's not playing well.

Here's a thought exercise. If you think all criticisms are valid, why don't you poll Packers fans on who is playing worse? Dak or Rodgers?

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Most ridiculous post I've read on here. Ever. We ole football fans know talent and good QB-ing skills when we see it.

birdwells1

Reaction score
After his usual bad performance the people that stand by Dak go into hiding starting Sunday after the game, you don't see them Monday but late Tuesday they peek from under the covers to see if the coast is clear. After they see that it's not they go back into hiding until they muster up the courage to come out on Wednesday and say something like "well he did throw for 200 yards" but by Thursday they are in full defense mode. Every week it's the same thing but luckily as the season goes on Dak turns these fans against him slowly but surely.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I stopped at “schemed open”

Not sure I’ve seen that on one of our breakdowns.

Sydla

Reaction score
the criticisms work because they're just generic criticisms that can be applied to any QB. I think we all know overall, you can't compare the two.

Well for starters, the poster you want to defend here did basically compare the two when he basically said he's not even sure Rodgers would be getting more out of this team than Dak is. That's preposterous and a direct comparison between the two.

Secondly, they aren't generic criticisms. Packers fans criticisms are largely on specific plays that he missed. No Packer fan is criticizing Rodgers for a long pattern of shoddy play or mistakes. But that's not the case here in Dallas. The reality is that what's going on in terms of criticism of Dak is the build up on a longer period of suspect play.

So no, the comparisons of the criticisms are not really the same.

birdwells1

Reaction score
These are the best kind of responses.

Just assume the criticisms are irrational and it's just fans emotionally grabbing their pitchforks.

LOL.

Our guy can't throw for 200 yards but Mayfield does it in a half. This qbing is not at a professional level and it's time to see what Rush/White can do.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
These are the best kind of responses.

Just assume the criticisms are irrational and it's just fans emotionally grabbing their pitchforks.

LOL.
Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said irrational. Condescend much do we?