AUDIO: Irvin on Mike and Mike - DB disses Big Bill

odog422

Reaction score
Hostile;1119117 said:
How would Irvin know this? Had the play clock stopped for a Timeout? I am drawing a blank right now. Why would TO be standing right there in a huddle with the QB and coaches on the sidelines? The rest of the team stays in the huddle on the field.

This isn't adding up folks. View this with extreme skepticism.

I definitely remember before this play BD AND TO walking to the sideline. I remember thinking, why is TO going over? and then of course, I thought, because he wants the ball.

Hoov

Reaction score
in press conference, bill didnt say DB changed the play, but he did say the play was supposed to go to the other side, something about how the coverage was rolled and the play was designed, that DB should not have even been looking to the left. But he didnt get into it too much more, just that Drew made the wrong decision there.

Tacos1k

Reaction score
Ozzu;1119128 said:
I specifically remember at least once seeing just DB and TO walking back to the huddle from the sidelines. It could very well have been right before this play.

I remember this too, and thought to myself "Kinda weird TO was in the sideline huddle during a timeout. If they go to TO on this next play, won't it be a little obvious since he and Drewb just left the sideline together?"

Not certain it precluded the interception though. Anyone remember?

Edit: Also, if true, TO probably shouldn't dish sideline chatter to Mike Irvin, who loves to dish the inside info on TV

odog422

Reaction score
Tacos1k;1119151 said:
I remember this too, and thought to myself "Kinda weird TO was in the sideline huddle during a timeout. If they go to TO on this next play, won't it be a little obvious since he and Drewb just left the sideline together?"

Not certain it precluded the interception though. Anyone remember?

Edit: Also, if true, TO probably shouldn't dish sideline chatter to Mike Irvin, who loves to dish the inside info on TV

I do. The post two above yours...

jcblanco22

Reaction score
If this is indeed factual, then Bledsoe pulled a Quincy Carter at Arizona in 2002, except Quincy pulled it for the whole game and got picked 4 times. That move got Quincy benched for the rest of the season too.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Ozzu;1119089 said:
Wow. If that's true, good riddance man. I wanted Romo in there anyway, but that right there is good enough reason for benching.

If that's true, that insubordination and putting our season in jeapordy. This is bigger news than the OD!!!!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Hostile;1119117 said:
How would Irvin know this? Had the play clock stopped for a Timeout? I am drawing a blank right now. Why would TO be standing right there in a huddle with the QB and coaches on the sidelines? The rest of the team stays in the huddle on the field.

Bill did say in his post game "the pass should have went to the other side".

mwj473

Reaction score
I went and watched this part of the game again and it makes sense. We had 1st & goal at the 4 at the 2 minute warning. We ran JJ up the middle for no gain. Osi U got hurt on the play, ESPN goes to commercial with 1:38 left. When they come back, both TO & DB are walking back to the huddle from the sideline. The next play is the INT.

Also, Mike was not on the sideline, they showed him setting at the ESPN desk with the other analyst at the 2 minute warning.

To me, if this happened, either TO, BP, or one of the other coaches leaked this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
odog422;1119145 said:
I definitely remember before this play BD AND TO walking to the sideline. I remember thinking, why is TO going over? and then of course, I thought, because he wants the ball.
And you believe Bledsoe would have told the coaches he wanted to throw it to Glenn with Owens standing right there?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Hostile;1119117 said:

Nothing negative about bledsoe is viewed with extreme skepticism on this board nowadays. Look how many people jumped on this and posted "Wow, good riddance!" or something to that effect. I just don't understand it. I don't understand how fans can DESPISE someone on their own team like that.

odog422

Reaction score
Hostile;1119172 said:
And you believe Bledsoe would have told the coaches he wanted to throw it to Glenn with Owens standing right there?

No sir. I believe they walked over, chatted, decided on the play and PRIOR to the snap Bledsoe decided he was going to TG. He never even looked right. And you know the rest. I don't think he deliberately went against what was called because a route was run by TG, I think he just predetermined he was going to throw to him.

I was simply confirming that TO did walk over - in fact, it may have irritated Bledsoe a bit (speculation, of course) and helped to influence his decision to go to TG because, I don't know, he likes TG alot and TO kind of irks him?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Roy Williams;1119123 said:
WOW...can you imagine how TO has bit his tounge this whole time. he could have easily come out Wed. dissing Bledsoe for not running the play that the
coaches called. Maybe we are seeing a different TO

Yeah really... his response to that question right after the game was "thats a crazy question"... although I cant see him not being honest about it though... unless he was getting what he wanted with having Romo start... so the dis-play is a non-issue

braw

Reaction score
Just watched the video and it was a injury timeout to Osi umenyora and DB and TO were on the sidelines.

What was discussed in the sidelines I don't know, but the coach says that the ball was suppose to go the other side.

DB prolly suggests the out to TG because they expect the fade to TO. either way DB did his thing....

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
TO doesn’t even run a fade on that play. The play looked like it was designed to go to Fasano or Witten.

lspain1

Reaction score
nyc;1119107 said:
Of course no BSPN analyst would ever "speak" into this "BSPN Translator" or ESPN in it's entirety would collapse in on itself as it would reach the Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff limit within 2.3 seconds forming a blackhole of BS.

BSPN = :loser:

Wow, a BS weapon of mass destruction. It could well destroy the universe as we know it.

odog422

Reaction score
Roy Williams;1119123 said:
WOW...can you imagine how TO has bit his tounge this whole time. he could have easily come out Wed. dissing Bledsoe for not running the play that the
coaches called. Maybe we are seeing a different TO

No, we're not.

I just want to say that I'm all for homerism, but TO HAS NOT changed. He's still the same selfish, pouting, ME player he was when got here.

I trip out when I read posts that somehow make him out to be this new, humble receiver who is team first.

Yes, he wants to win. Yes, he's very talented. Yes, we should utilize him more. But all you had to do was see the antics in the first half when the ball wasn't coming his way. I couldn't help but smile just a bit after he dropped that 4th down pass - not because I wanted him to fail, but because of the "oh golly" look that suddenly came across his face on the sideline.

Nothing like a little humble pie.

Understand that I like players who want the ball - you should if you're on the field. But all the other stuff... Man, it just gets tiresome. To me anyway.

You can actually still pull for the guy without excusing his, at times, over the top behavior. IMO anyway.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goshan;1119078 said:
Did you guys just hear?

Irvin says that on the sideline before the Glenn redzone Int, Bledsoe and the coaches were discussing the play call. The coaches wanted to throw the fade to TO but Bledsoe said he wanted to throw the Quick Out (Oscar) to Glenn. TO was standing right there.

The coaches then decide to overrule DB and go with the fade to TO but when the play is run, Drew improvises and goes ahead and throws the out to Glenn (the play he wanted to run).

If this is true, no wonder Parcells was so POed and pulled him out of the game.

That's essentially what he did in his last game as a Bill vs. Pitt. It was at that point the Bills knew they had to jetison the guy no matter how unready Losman was.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;1119236 said:
TO doesn’t even run a fade on that play. The play looked like it was designed to go to Fasano or Witten.

No, he doesn't. He goes in motion and then stops to block. But it's a good opportunity to bash Bledsoe so who cares if it's not true?

slick325

Reaction score
I can understand some people being skeptical but it adds up if you take into account Coach Parcells saying himself that there was "too much improvisation" and "the play was designed to go the other way".

mwj473

Reaction score
DLCassidy;1119250 said:
No, he doesn't. He goes in motion and then stops to block. But it's a good opportunity to bash Bledsoe so who cares if it's not true?

He doesn't block, go watch it again. He goes i motion, takes an inside release on the corner, swims over him, and appears to head for the corner of the end zone (He goes out of the picture then)