Twitter: Babe Laufenberg: Maybe the team just isn't good enough

Dwight

Reaction score
Jason Garrett has been exposed. He benefited from having Bill Parcells QB.

The oline is not playing to their potential. It's very clear that Callahan is missed.

The team was still competitive in the game but as always they have mental breakdowns.

Jerry really needs to hire a Co-GM (but he will not) and a real Head Coach.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
It's really that simple.

In all of their losses, they have had failures in every facet of the team. It's never just one reason. It's a collective issue of reasons, and all of those point to the signs of us not being a good team. Point blank.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
This is what happens when you have an All Pro QB.

The single most important position in all of sports.

Anyone writing hot takes about this team that has been in every single game without Romo and has lost 4 single score games doesn't realize this team is absolutely good enough with Romo. He is the only player (like most all pro qbs) that is not replaceable at some functioning level for us.

But when you have Weeden or Cassell and you're going against Ryan/Russell/Brady/Eli/Brees how do you expect to win close games?

Cassell played well enough to win. Actually Cassell played very well. It's not like Romo never threw picks. Cassell played a good game today.

slick325

Reaction score
captain-obvious.jpg

LOL!!!!

kevm3

Reaction score
You need a change at head coach. We've already gotten rid of the supposed 'problems' like Rob Ryan. We've injected the team with as much talent as we possibly could. We brought Linehan in. Same results over and over.

It's sad that Romo's career was wasted so Garrett could learn to coach. Garrett should have still been studying under coordinators to perfect his craft or experimenting in college somewhere. If you must keep Garrett here, at least get him off the field as a coach and make him a GM. He can seem to find talent, but when it comes to gametime, the team is never prepared.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Everyone is saying Babe is right, etc, etc.

But I still think this team is good enough. We added a buttload of talent to a 12-4 team that was a bad call away from an NFC Championship game.

We've lost two OT games and lost to the Super Bowl runnerup by a field goal. All without Romo.

I just think Romo and Dez are that good. Take those two away and we lose games. In the NFL, the talent is crazy close. It's proven every week. You take away an All Pro QB and All Pro WR and this is what happens. Not to mention devastating injuries at a multitude of other positions.

We're good enough. It's just injuries. Call it a lame excuse, whatever. It's the truth.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Everyone is saying Babe is right, etc, etc.

But I still think this team is good enough. We added a buttload of talent to a 12-4 team that was a bad call away from an NFC Championship game.

We've lost two OT games and lost to the Super Bowl runnerup by a field goal. All without Romo.

I just think Romo and Dez are that good. Take those two away and we lose games. In the NFL, the talent is crazy close. It's proven every week. You take away an All Pro QB and All Pro WR and this is what happens.

We're good enough. It's just injuries. Call it a lame excuse, whatever. It's the truth.

Lame excuse. I know it's a different sport, but look at the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA.

Did they just sit and say oh Kevin Durant and Ibaka were hurt so we should just excuse Brooks for that and keep him?

No they fired him because they knew he wasn't good enough. Yeah they may have won a championship if Durant is healthy, but it would've been in spite of the coach.

That's where Dallas is at now. They've won in spite of Garrett. Yeah they could win next year, but it would be in spite of him and because Romo somehow someway stayed healthy.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
The biggest loss in talent between last year and this year is on the Commanders staff right now. We miss Bill Callahan.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

Anyone writing hot takes about this team that has been in every single game without Romo and has lost 4 single score games doesn't realize this team is absolutely good enough with Romo. He is the only player (like most all pro qbs) that is not replaceable at some functioning level for us.

But when you have Weeden or Cassell and you're going against Ryan/Russell/Brady/Eli/Brees how do you expect to win close games?

I get that. I really do.

But 6 in a row? You can't get a single win? This team was 12-4 last year. This team had Super Bowl hopes this year. And Romo goes down and we can't even win a single game?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

Its more then that. People feel it.

Were back to an 8-8 9 - 7 ball club With Romo.......without him were 4-12;

I am a little surprised. I thought we had turned a corner last year, Dez, OL, improved defense.....maybe even a coaching staff that could make it happen.

We havent turned any corner. Everything has to be "perfect" for the Cowboys to have a decent year and make a push.......otherwise. we are 8-8.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Its more then that. People feel it.

Were back to an 8-8 9 - 7 ball club With Romo.......without him were 4-12;

I am a little surprised. I thought we had turned a corner last year, Dez, OL, improved defense.....maybe even a coaching staff that could make it happen.

We havent turned any corner. Everything has to be "perfect" for the Cowboys to have a decent year and make a push.......otherwise. we are 8-8.

Why do you think this team is 8-8 with Romo? They have not lost this year in a game he started. They are 15-5 in his last 20.

The defense (excepting tonight) has been very good.

The offense has not been.

If Romo is worth just 7 points a game to this offense this team is 6-2 and not 2-6.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

You don't have a Weeden or Cassel on the roster. You either groom a kid or make a better personnel decision but to go into the season and think Weeden was the answer was a disaster the we are still paying for.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Lame excuse. I know it's a different sport, but look at the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA.

Did they just sit and say oh Kevin Durant and Ibaka were hurt so we should just excuse Brooks for that and keep him?

No they fired him because they knew he wasn't good enough. Yeah they may have won a championship if Durant is healthy, but it would've been in spite of the coach.

That's where Dallas is at now. They've won in spite of Garrett. Yeah they could win next year, but it would be in spite of him and because Romo somehow someway stayed healthy.

Ha! This is funny cause I'm a huge Thunder fan. I live in OKC.

And yes, I'm really, really glad we fired Brooks. My opinion has nothing to do with Garrett. I would like to see us go another direction as well. My point is that I still think this is a good enough football team. We just can't overcome these injuries.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Honestly this is one of thos games we lose even with Romo our defense just wasn't getting the job done and seeing player after ******* player heaving and gasping for air in the 2nd half was just frustrating to watch..

We miss Romo yes because he probably could have driven us down for a touchdown but man this team is really not that good as a whole and everyone realizes it now both outside the organization and inside