Twitter: Babe Laufenberg: Maybe the team just isn't good enough

khiladi

Reaction score
I think Babe Laufenburg is one of the mouth-pieces of Garrett in the Dalkas media...

The guy is seen as a Cowboy but has one miserable year with us chucking up ducks for INTs when Aikman went down and all we needed was one gane to clinch the play-off birth...

Last edited:

Ender

Reaction score
I only see one major difference player wise. In fact, I think the roster is better this year.

And you just proved my point. People who are complaining that this season is all on garret, just don't want to acknowledge that this roster still needs work. It's easy to say it's just the coaches and not the players because the coaches are more easily replaced. You all think this is a super bowl roster as it stand and it's not. Clearly depth is an issue among other things.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
lol. Last in the league in turnovers, defense lucky to get 1 sack a game. OL can't protect. QB's won't throw downfield. Coahes never adjust in game.

Laughfenberg now decides....maybe team isn't good enough.

loublue22

Reaction score
Did you want to get rid of him this time last season? Like I wrote in a different thread. People who blame Garrett just don't want to acknowledge this isn't a Super Bowl roster. It's easier to say it's the coach than to acknowledge the roster isn't good enough and has no depth.

I've wanted to get rid of him for 4 years. Last year he gave up his only discernible contribution, and the entire offense got much better.

When Tony went down, we all knew this division sucks. We just needed to 2-5 to give Tony a chance. He's about to go 0-7, despite having a good to great chance to win 5 of those games. He's a bottom 5 coach in the league.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Yes because there are a ton of people walking this Earth who are good enough to play QB at this level.

Look around the league son.

I like being called son at my age - thank you.

I know it's slim pickings but the Arizona game last year was a snapshot into Weedon, for me he was never the guy, so let's play it forward.

What are we gonna do next year because we still don't have a back up quarterback on the roster.

ccb04

Reaction score
Good enough for what? To overcome yet another pick 6...or a questionable call to overturn a TD? Shouldn't be this hard.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And you just proved my point. People who are complaining that this season is all on garret, just don't want to acknowledge that this roster still needs work. It's easy to say it's just the coaches and not the players because the coaches are more easily replaced. You all think this is a super bowl roster as it stand and it's not. Clearly depth is an issue among other things.

I agree that I don't think the roster is all that great but 1 year ago we were one bad call from playing in the NFC Championship Game.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I like being called son at my age - thank you.

I know it's slim pickings but the Arizona game last year was a snapshot into Weedon, for me he was never the guy, so let's play it forward.

What are we gonna do next year because we still don't have a back up quarterback on the roster.

Lose 10 in a row after Romo tweaks something and blame it on that again, obviously.

dupree89

Reaction score
anything to not blame Garrett

That's what people want to do. Give Garrett a pass. Didn't Garrett help assemble the talent on this team? He has clearly demonstrated that he isn't a head coach that can steal a game ever by out-coaching his opponent.
He has been a total zero without Romo. An absolute embarrassment of a head coach.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Mistake one. Not Signing Murray, Not replacing Murray.
Miststake two. Weeden.
Mistake three. That stupid RBBC. Got Romo hurt...
Mistake Four. Panic, trading away pics for Cassel, CMike? Butler......

Letting B carter get away......

They cant make a play when it counts to save their lives. That says something about the mental makeup of a team......That could change, but I dont think its going too..

These mistakes add up. Mix in a little bad luck with injuries. And your team sucks.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Miststake two. Weeden.

They cant make a play when it counts to save their lives. That says something about the mental makeup of a team......That could change, but I dont think its going too..

These mistakes add up. Mix in a little bad luck with injuries. And your team sucks.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Miststake two. Weeden.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree that I don't think the roster is all that great but 1 year ago we were one bad call from playing in the NFC Championship Game.

Our big three played their ***** off last year. I am 100% confident in saying that Dallas would have done no worse last season under any other head coach.

Jason Garrett is not the reason Dallas did well..................

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Miststake two. Weeden.

and another was waiting so long to resign Dez. He wasn't in shape and I think that contributed to his injury.

frickster

Reaction score
This defense amazes me. Stop and think about it. When this team has someone backed up inside the 10 yard line there awful. Have you ever seen a team worse at that? How about 3rd and longs. We constantly give them up. Unreal.

Ender

Reaction score
I've wanted to get rid of him for 4 years. Last year he gave up his only discernible contribution, and the entire offense got much better.

When Tony went down, we all knew this division sucks. We just needed to 2-5 to give Tony a chance. He's about to go 0-7, despite having a good to great chance to win 5 of those games. He's a bottom 5 coach in the league.

Yea he should suit up and play QB. You really wish this was a great roster. It's not. The d line is average, the Linebackers suck, our safety play has been terrible, we have one good reciver, our starting running back at the beginning of the season is off the team, and Matt Cassel is our QB. We're is this a better roster? At what possion?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Did you want to get rid of him this time last season? Like I wrote in a different thread. People who blame Garrett just don't want to acknowledge this isn't a Super Bowl roster. It's easier to say it's the coach than to acknowledge the roster isn't good enough and has no depth.

cmon. 90% of all rosters turn over every 4 years because rookie contracts only run that long. So personnel departments (and I include coaches here) are constantly having to replenish rosters. Once a coach or GM gets 3 years in, the depth should be there.

plymkr

Reaction score
This team has a fundamental problem that begins with the coaches. Some of you guys won't come to this realization until it's too late, but many others already know. Garrett is not the chosen one, and we will never win a super bowl with him at the helms. You all better just hope he's served his papers before Tony and Witten decide to hang it up, because it would be a shame for them to never have a chance to compete on that stage.

I would love to wake up tomorrow and have Garret's papers served to him. He's wasted Tony and Witten's prime years.

Ender

Reaction score
cmon. 90% of all rosters turn over every 4 years because rookie contracts only run that long. So personnel departments (and I include coaches here) are constantly having to replenish rosters. Once a coach or GM gets 3 years in, the depth should be there.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here.