Twitter: Babe Laufenberg: Maybe the team just isn't good enough

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Honestly this is one of thos games we lose even with Romo our defense just wasn't getting the job done and seeing player after ******* player heaving and gasping for air in the 2nd half was just frustrating to watch..

We miss Romo yes because he probably could have driven us down for a touchdown but man this team is really not that good as a whole and everyone realizes it now both outside the organization and inside

Well outside at least.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Ha! This is funny cause I'm a huge Thunder fan. I live in OKC.

And yes, I'm really, really glad we fired Brooks. My opinion has nothing to do with Garrett. I would like to see us go another direction as well. My point is that I still think this is a good enough football team. We just can't overcome these injuries.

Teams all around the league win with backup QBs even just bad starting QBs. The fact that the Cowboys can lose 6 in a row because of one man speaks to a bigger issue. Don't even talk about Dez Bryant because WR is about the most overrated position in football.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Babe:
11-9-08-captain_obvious.jpg

Ender

Reaction score
we get rid of players all the time, Clappy remains

Did you want to get rid of him this time last season? Like I wrote in a different thread. People who blame Garrett just don't want to acknowledge this isn't a Super Bowl roster. It's easier to say it's the coach than to acknowledge the roster isn't good enough and has no depth.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Well outside at least.

Well in that other thread (if that Helman tweet is correct) it states that Jerry (paraphrasing of course) doesn't believe we can buy a first down and just cant put ourselves in a position to buy a win

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Did you want to get rid of him this time last season? Like I wrote in a different thread. People who blame Garrett just don't want to acknowledge this isn't a Super Bowl roster. It's easier to say it's the coach than to acknowledge the roster isn't good enough and has no depth.

The roster isn't the 1992 Cowboys, but nobody in the league in 2015 is. If you really want to believe you need 5 or 6 All Pros to not lose 6 straight go right ahead.

Staubacher

Reaction score

That is on him too

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well in that other thread (if that Helman tweet is correct) it states that Jerry (paraphrasing of course) doesn't believe we can buy a first down and just cant put ourselves in a position to buy a win

Probably just thinks its bad luck. If not then he really has to look at himself because it's his fault.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You don't have a Weeden or Cassel on the roster. You either groom a kid or make a better personnel decision but to go into the season and think Weeden was the answer was a disaster the we are still paying for.

Yes because there are a ton of people walking this Earth who are good enough to play QB at this level.

Look around the league son.

khiladi

Reaction score
Babe Laufenburg is a freaking joke and a mouthpiece for Garrett..

He even tried blaming Romo a few years back when eyes were on Garrett.. Now he's back to the team not being good enough..

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

Last year's team with the addition of Greg Hardy, is more than likely in the Super Bowl.

This year, we've lost 6 in a row.

We actually improved the roster in multiple spots. Yet, without Romo, we can't buy a win.

I don't really know what my point is. I just hate life right now.

Ender

Reaction score
The roster isn't the 1992 Cowboys, but nobody in the league in 2015 is. If you really want to believe you need 5 or 6 All Pros to not lose 6 straight go right ahead.

Last year 12-4, this year 2-6, same coach different players. It's the coach...

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Babe Laufenburg is a freaking joke and a mouthpiece for Garrett..

He even tried blaming Romo a few years back when eyes were on Garrett.. Now he's back to the team not being good enough..

This team consistently lost in ways nobody in history has, but it's never Garrett's fault. I'll be the first to say I'm not even that big of a Romo fan, but he's good enough.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think this defense would be better if they got away from this smaller DT idea. Our interior has been bushed around since 2009, and we just haven't done enough to fix it.

It starts there.

That and a safety. But those are much harder to come by... Very weak safeties league wide.

Ender

Reaction score
That is on him too

Never said garret shouldn't share the blame. But for the folks suggest garret is the sole reason that this team has lost 6 straight, they are just kidding themselves.

Ender

Reaction score
Last year's team with the addition of Greg Hardy, is more than likely in the Super Bowl.

This year, we've lost 6 in a row.

We actually improved the roster in multiple spots. Yet, without Romo, we can't buy a win.

I don't really know what my point is. I just hate life right now.

We improved in one spot, Greg Hardy, running game has been worst, passing game is putrid without Romo and Dez for most of the season, the teams best DB is on IR, and a number of players who played well last year are having bad seasons. I.e. Rolando, Tyrone Crawford. The who oline which could be because of the injury to Romo and stacked boxes.