Twitter: Babe must have seen my posts

EJK24

Reaction score
overrated

Coaching takes alot of blame for bad players/lack of talent on a team, but when you say overrated are you saying coaching is overrated or Belichick?

I would ask this, if you take Belichick out of NE, do you think they would have had all the success they have had?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Changed the LB rotation, attacked the DE and OLB in the run game, switched for an emphasis on 11 to 21 and 22 formations, gameplanned Jarwin into option 1 or 2 significantly more, pressed a lot more outside, and blitzed a lot more. that is just off the top of my head.

Frankly, if you have any clue about football it should have been obvious that the gameplan was different.

I don’t know the numbers on this. So maybe I’m wrong.

But the cowboys seemed to run the pistol formation much more than what they typically do. The running game was having success out of that formation. It was nice to see.

Reaction score
Saying players decide games, has some merit but that's not entirely true. It's like saying soldiers win wars. But without a battle plan or strategy those players or soldiers would be lost.

Coaches decide whether a team plays one gap or two, man or zone, single high or two deep. They decide who takes the field and who doesn't. They create mismatches and decide personnel packages. Imagine a defense staying in its base package, with three linebackers on the field, while the offense deploys four wideouts. Coaches have the most influence on the outcome of a game. Go for it or punt. Trick play or screen. Every decision they make affects the outcome of the game.

Moore leaned on Zeke and the running game against the Rams. But what if he hadn't. What if he'd decided to let Dak throw it 47 times yesterday. That decision would have affected the outcome, right? So players and coaches are very similar to soldiers and generals. Soldiers win the battle by executing but generals win the war by gameplanning.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

But these guys think that it doesn't matter if you have General Patton or General Pee Wee Herman on the sidelines. You would get the same results with the same players.

Last edited:

IceBowler

Reaction score
it's overrated,

I agree with this wholeheartedly however, it is considerably more important in the pros than in college. I the pros, everyone has the same amount of money to spend on players and sooner or later a better coach and staff will rise to the top. In college, it is a matter of waiting until the boosters or whatever source of crooked money buys you more horses then the other teams.

I just wish folks would admit it and stop acting like that game is pure .. because, pssst ... it ain't.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Babe is a friend of Garrett.

Most reasonable people know Garrett sucks.

The reason we don't praise him for wins like yesterday is because we trot out the same game plan week after week and if that game plan wins then great but if we're struggling then 0.0 coaching is done to try and go win a football game.

We watched McVay throw 1 little wrinkle into the run game last year and we had to watch CJ Anderson rush for 240 yards and set a playoff record because we couldn't adjust.

Garrett sucks, this staff sucks, they all can go.

10 years of nothing and i'm supposed to be worried about Babe Laufenbergs biased opinion? I don't think so.

Instead we should all listen to your very unbiased opinion. Lol...

Random guy on cowboy forum < a monkey

Dre11

Reaction score
Belichick says players can’t overcome bad coaching.

Babe says the opposite.

Hmmmm. Who to believe? That’s a tough one.

believe who you want, I've been around plenty coaches , HOF coaches who believe what Babe believe

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So the Rams didnt scheme our defensive line out tbe game in the playoffs?
No, they let our scheme take ourselves out of the game.

Just like martial arts, use your opponents movements against them when possible.

MikeB80

Reaction score
believe who you want, I've been around plenty coaches , HOF coaches who believe what Babe believe

Which Hall of Fame coaches have you worked/played for? Im curious because that sounds pretty awesome.

Babe played for Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs and Jimmy Johnson which is pretty cool.

Sydla

Reaction score

I doubt there are very many "HOF" coaches that would say what you have said - there are no bad or flawed game plans, there are no bad play calls in a game, coaching has limited effect on the outcome of games, coaching is largely fungible, etc.

You've been caught contradicting your own stances too, which is funny.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I think you are largely full of it.

I doubt there are very many "HOF" coaches that would say what you have said - such as all game plans are the same, there are no bad play calls, coaching has limited effect on the outcome of games, etc.

You've been caught contradicting your own stances too, which is funny.

Bill Belichick has game plans in the hall of fame.

EGTuna

Reaction score
I don't know if it was Moore, Kitna, Garret or some combo of all 3, but their approach early in the game went against tendencies, had success and had Wade's defense completely off-balance. On the first NINE first downs, there wasn't one run/hand-off to Zeke. There short passes, longer passes, a Dak keeper. But no hand-offs to Zeke. Next thing you know, the Rams were caught off guard and more vulnerable to the runs from Zeke. Hopefully it continues.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bill Belichick has game plans in the hall of fame.

According to Dre, Garrett is basically as good as Belichick. In fact, if Garrett had been hired in NE, he'd have a ton of SBs right now.

Dre11

Reaction score
Which Hall of Fame coaches have you worked/played for? Im curious because that sounds pretty awesome.

Babe played for Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs and Jimmy Johnson which is pretty cool.

been in a couple seminars and talked with John Thompson. Had talks with Larry Johnson at Ohio State, been in clinics with, Kevin Gilbride(had long conversation with him on passing concepts) Mike Locksley,Brian Stewart, couldngo on, many more

visionary

Reaction score

:laugh:
Yeah, you’ve “been around HOF coaches” so much that you know coaching is not the difference, LOL

Are these coaches in the ‘HOF of the mentally infirm’, perhaps

:muttley:

Dre11

Reaction score
According to Dre, Garrett is basically as good as Belichick. In fact, if Garrett had been hired in NE, he'd have a ton of SBs right now.

You lie, the question was could Garrett have the same success if all things were equal and their situations were switched, my answer was he probably. but I also added it was a hypothetical that nobody would ever know. you like to embellish.

Dre11

Reaction score
:laugh:
Yeah, you’ve “been around HOF coaches” so much that you know coaching is not the difference, LOL

HOF of the mentally infirm, perhaps

:muttley:

the same HOF coach also called it overrated.

Sydla

Reaction score
You lie, the question was could Garrett have the same success if all things were equal and their situations were switched, my answer was he probably. but I also added it was a hypothetical that nobody would ever know. you like to embellish.

LOL. That's some real interesting hair splitting there. It's the same point. You claimed that if Garrett had been hired in NE and had Brady he would have won at the same clip as Belichick.

That's preposterous.

Dre11

Reaction score
I think Belichick also saw your posts when he said, don’t listen to the morons, “talent can’t overcome bad coaching “

:lmao2::lmao:

the same cheating Belicheck? I wonder how michnhes gotten away with that he didn't get caught