Backup for Pollard

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is such a weird one-sided take.

NFL players are constantly cut with years left on their contract. Why is there no obligation for owners/teams to "honor" their part of the contract? Why do fans call millionaire players greedy and give billionaire owners their sympathy?

Post of the day.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crybaby? Because he wants more money?

I guess.

I'm just shocked that there are so many fans of the Cowboys who just take whatever wages their job offers them. No questions asked, no ambition or drive to want to be paid what you think you're worth.

I want Zeke to sign a team-friendly contract too (and I'd like him to grow up some), but I completely understand someone wanting to earn the most money possible, especially someone with such a short span to earn to tis kind of money.

Is Jerry a crybaby every time he holds out for a better business deal? Is the NFL crying when they demand top dollar from the networks?
The NFL waits until the TV contracts are up before requesting more on the next contracts...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is such a weird one-sided take.

NFL players are constantly cut with years left on their contract. Why is there no obligation for owners/teams to "honor" their part of the contract? Why do fans call millionaire players greedy and give billionaire owners their sympathy?

NFL contracts are like regular people that have jobs with base salary plus a bonus structure.

The guaranteed portion of NFL contracts are the equivalent of "base salary" and the addition money above guaranteed is the bonus structure.

It they don't perform, then the get cut and don't get the remaining bonus money.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think it makes for an interesting debate. But Morris is washed. Jackson has done nothing in this league

Adams has done nothing and apparently now has a fumbling problem. Corey Clement has done crap in this league other than catch a long TD pass in the SB (that wasn't a catch, he was out of bounds).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2:,,,there's obviously some kinda' unseen ethereal connecting tether that's keeping him & Jamil Showers in semi- continuous low orbit with this franchise ,I think it'd be kinda cool seeing both the #26 & #28 making significant team contributions in post season play this year:starspin:

Check out the newest TE Marcus Lucus career history of practice squads. Never active for a game since entering the league in 2014.
Carolina Panthers (2014−2015)*
Miami Dolphins (2015)*
Chicago Bears (2015)*
Carolina Panthers (2016)*
Seattle Seahawks (2016–2017)*
Indianapolis Colts (2017)*
Oakland Raiders (2017)*
Detroit Lions (2018)*
Seattle Seahawks (2018)*
San Francisco 49ers (2018)*
Dallas Cowboys (2019–present)*

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#1 You’re helirous
First of all as good as Pollard has looked he’s not the cowbell Rback. The question should be; see above list.
Is that a new word "helirous" ???

If you mean I'm hilarious, then I say thanks!

I guess you also mean Bell Cow unless cowbell is a new type of RB (Running Back).

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The little "boo hoo, I feel disrespected because Jerry offered me a Top 5 contract and then made a clear joke about me" is a little cry babyish, for sure.

Some of those analogies aren't apples to apples. When Jerry is holding out for a better business deal, he's often making the initial offer. He's not operating under an existing contract and then throwing a hissy fit halfway through. And the NFL doesn't threaten to pull their broadcasts off Fox or CBS or NBC or ESPN halfway through their network contracts either because they suddenly think they deserve more money.
* I just read where he'd (JJ)been talking about how he's committed in keeping the competitive core of his young players intact for the long haul& something along the lines,like, " just because you play for this team doesn't automatically rate you top marketplace value( from what I'd read into it,it was a veiled return volley across Dak's facegard over what he'd stated a month or so ago about him wanting to see both the #21&#19 to be the highest paid players in the league at their positions, er, with his #4 being right up there amongst them as well,,,what I thought was solidly telling ,was how Jerry closed out that "blurt",,,*I'd forgot to post this a couple of hours earlier*
Check out the newest TE Marcus Lucus career history of practice squads. Never active for a game since entering the league in 2014.
Carolina Panthers (2014−2015)*
Miami Dolphins (2015)*
Chicago Bears (2015)*
Carolina Panthers (2016)*
Seattle Seahawks (2016–2017)*
Indianapolis Colts (2017)*
Oakland Raiders (2017)*
Detroit Lions (2018)*
Seattle Seahawks (2018)*
San Francisco 49ers (2018)*
Dallas Cowboys (2019–present)*
WoW,maybe not then ,huh? Ya know, Xwalker? Somebody had posted up a link/ story about that fullback for the Patriots, career path that was about 80% strength hi-drive dynamite,,, unfortunately ,I was better than 3/4's of the way in the bag when I'd cut trail of it.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
..... Boom, Boom Morris and D. Jackson. Weber, needs some more Salt N Pepper.

Altestic

Reaction score
I will never understand the affinity for Jackson. The guy is a complete scrub and has done NOTHING. When he plays he looks terrible.

Weber we really havent even seen play.
DJax will be a star and you'll like it.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Is that a new word "helirous" ???

If you mean I'm hilarious, then I say thanks!

I guess you also mean Bell Cow unless cowbell is a new type of RB (Running Back).
:lmao:lmao:lmao:

* I got a "cowbell" hanging off my rear view mirror with about a dozen or so "show yer' hooters" party beads, it clanks& clunks on hard turns,speed bumps& just general roadway disrepair,,,,cuz' I don't Care:lmao:

o_O straight trutho_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
That would be awesome if Heath got a carry as a RB.
WELL,TRUTH BE TOLD?
He'd pull it off in the natural aplomb of a typical Heath- Like Mannered Fashion that Roger Goodell hisself would be forced to lay ahold of his lazer- communication phone & order the immediate allocation of 11 points for it,,,:thumbup: