Bail on this backfield, asap

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
So... What is wrong with Randle again?

I don't get it with you guys.. You give this guy any space and he makes big plays.

Murray was a fumbling machine and he never got this kind of hate.

Oh cmon man , he isn't running hard , he can't break a single tackle , he runs into darkness , he has the body of a WR .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with all of this. I know there are guys here who just can't get enough of Weeden's jock and I can't understand why. He doesn't have it in him to step/slide and make a throw or run. He just squirts out of the back end of the pocket and is either tackled or falls down to avoid (he could have gotten rid of the ball here too). Just load the box and go after Weeden. Ya, he'll make a couple of throws but he can't make any plays on his own. I am also done with Randle.

I don't get those who are so filled with their own agenda they can't see he has played well. He is not Romo nor is Cassell nor are most backup QB in the NFL. Weeden has played well and do so without a great running game without Dez. When Dallas needed him to step up vs NO he drove 91 yards and capped a game tying TD. he has done what is asked of a backup QB. You talk about he does not have "It" great saying problem is you don't know what "It" is if you knew it would actually have a name for it but you don't

Last edited:

foofighters

Reaction score
I don't get those who are so filled with their own agenda they can't see he has played well. He is not Romo nor is Cassell nor are most backup QB in the NFL. Weeden has played well and do so without a great running game without Dez. When Dallas needed him to step up vs NO he drove 91 yards and capped a game tying TD. he has done what is asked of a backup QB. You talk about he does not have "It" great saying problem is you don't know what "It" is you would actually have a name for it but you don't

have it in him is different than he just doesn't have "it." Read the whole context of what I stated. I went on the explain he doesn't have very good awareness. He can't step up or slide around the pocket. There is your description. Want me to get the colors out and draw you a picture? Don't take a sack. Throw the ball out of bounds. Give your WR's a little more time. Had he done what he did against a very good D then ok, I will side with you. He played against a college level D last night.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
have it in him is different than he just doesn't have "it." Read the whole context of what I stated. I went on the explain he doesn't have very good awareness. He can't step up or slide around the pocket. There is your description. Want me to get the colors out and draw you a picture? Don't take a sack. Throw the ball out of bounds. Give your WR's a little more time. Had he done what he did against a very good D then ok, I will side with you. He played against a college level D last night.

You seem incapable of grasping that most QBs who have good awareness and can move around in the pocket and sense pressure are all making 20 million dollars a year. And yet, we are supposed to have a spare one sitting on our bench who can play like Aaron Rodgers. You're an embarrassment to this board.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

You don't take sacks? Fricken hilarious, which QB in the NFL does not take a sack? Brees was sacked a few times as well I guess he does not have IT. Weeden is doing what is aksed of him and when Dallas needed him to step up and lead them down the field he did that as well. Now he played a college D level? too funny

Try a new angle

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You seem incapable of grasping that most QBs who have good awareness and can move around in the pocket and sense pressure are all making 20 million dollars a year. And yet, we are supposed to have a spare one sitting on our bench who can play like Aaron Rodgers. You're an embarrassment to this board.

Sure they are all over the place, 1-800-QB. Fact is some have no clue and point to the QB as always, you don't win that was Weeden, forget the fact that we could not cover a simple wheel rout to Spiller I'm sure that is on Weeden as well. lol

erod

Reaction score
He's in his 4th game as a starter.

He's making plays anytime there is a shred of space to run in... He's catching passes and his pass blocking that everyone was so afraid of has been fine.

Joseph Randle has been good this season.

His supposed bonehead play was a Touchdown lol. He is far and away the most over critiqued player I think I've ever seen.

Eight-year-olds know better. Seriously.

black label

Reaction score
It takes a special kind of stupid to reach over a pile backwards with a football on 1st-and-goal from the 1-yard line. You can't teach, or un-teach, that level of abject stupidity.

Likewise, stepping up in the pocket is instinctual for a real NFL quarterback who genuinely wants to make a play and has his eyes downfield. You can't un-coach fear from a fearful quarterback, who will run scared out of the back of a perfect pocket most every time.

I fear coaching insanity will continue to play Weeden and Randle, hoping for different. And you know the definition of insanity.

The fix for this defense is two-fold. First, dudes need to return, a la Hardy, Gregory, McClain, and Lee. Second, this offense has to show some teeth and stop gumming its way down the field on hope and prayer.

Dunbar's injury made an otherwise easy decision more difficult. I would cut Randle today. All that ability is worthless with that vacuum of a cranium he has. He's unfixable, his teammates quite obviously don't trust or like him, and disaster follow him on and off the field like open sores on a Saints fan.

Likewise, I'm installing Cassel as soon as possible. If not this week, the bye should be a perfect time. Weeden's cannon, much like Randle's legs, is of no use if he can only lock on one guy, and bail if he's not open. I know Cassel can at least do this, so what's the risk?

I understand Dunbar's injury muddies the waters at running back, and I know Weeden's stats look respectable on paper. But you can't fix the fatal flaws of these guys that lose football games. There's a reason Weeden has lost 13 straight starts.

Unfortunately, I expect coach and franchise speak will set in, and they'll pin their hopes on the returning defensive players on the way.

This team has to get to 4-5 wins by the time Romo gets here, and the Weeden-Randle combo isn't going to get this there.

clapping_ken_toy_story.gif

erod

Reaction score
What makes you think Randle's teammates don't like him?

Perhaps, last year after his arrest when he threw Dez under the bus, followed by Witten ripping him to pieces on the practice field. Then, you could see the faces and body language on the sideline after his bonehead play last night.

When you stab people in the back, they never trust you again.

fortdick

Reaction score
So... What is wrong with Randle again?

I don't get it with you guys.. You give this guy any space and he makes big plays.

Only in the first half. I got so pissed when I saw him get tentative again last night. He will hit holes hard before halftime, but once they bring that bimbo out to sing for the halftime show, he is done.

lostar2009

Reaction score
RB's are a dime a dozen, in the DRAFT! But no, instead we decide to use our 3rd round pick on a developmental OT who is destined to be a backup, and the same goes for our 4th, 5th, and 7th round picks... Eight picks and they don't select a single RB, but we did draft a really good 4th string TE in Swaim.

That said, if Romo were healthy, we're probably 4-0 right now, and nobody would be that worried about the RB position.

With Romo we would be 4-0 and separating away from the division.

Venger

Reaction score
When he took that late slide against Atlanta when the first down was there for him, I was done with him.

Anyone have a clip or gif or pic of this? I swear to God on the slo-mo replay Weeden closes his eyes as he slid in abject fear like a toddler going on his first roller coaster.

foofighters

Reaction score
You don't take sacks? Fricken hilarious, which QB in the NFL does not take a sack? Brees was sacked a few times as well I guess he does not have IT. Weeden is doing what is aksed of him and when Dallas needed him to step up and lead them down the field he did that as well. Now he played a college D level? too funny

Try a new angle

This is the issue when trying to talk to you internet know it alls. You're not listening. "Don't take a sack"...that's something you'll hear QB's being told by coaches all over the place. There are times when a QB cannot take a sack. Will they get sacked? Yes every QB will get sacked. Weeden has taken some sacks because he won't step up or slide around. He'll fall down when he would have had time to throw the ball away. Yes, all QB's will get sacked and it's not their fault but there are times when QB's do get sacked and it is there fault. Weeden could have avoided some of those as a lot of NFL QB's do. The Saints trotted out a defense with a lot of rookies...hence the college level D comment. It was more of a joke but it's not too far off from the truth. Want me to make pictures for you now or is it sinking in yet. Yes, Weeden is only a back up and he is going to struggle but we might be able to do better with our other choices. I am not happy with "just enough" as you are. I expect more out of myself and others around me and my football team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is the issue when trying to talk to you internet know it alls. You're not listening. "Don't take a sack"...that's something you'll hear QB's being told by coaches all over the place. There are times when a QB cannot take a sack. Will they get sacked? Yes every QB will get sacked. Weeden has taken some sacks because he won't step up or slide around. He'll fall down when he would have had time to throw the ball away. Yes, all QB's will get sacked and it's not their fault but there are times when QB's do get sacked and it is there fault. Weeden could have avoided some of those as a lot of NFL QB's do. The Saints trotted out a defense with a lot of rookies...hence the college level D comment. It was more of a joke but it's not too far off from the truth. Want me to make pictures for you now or is it sinking in yet. Yes, Weeden is only a back up and he is going to struggle but we might be able to do better with our other choices. I am not happy with "just enough" as you are. I expect more out of myself and others around me and my football team.

In your view. I'm not happy with results but I know the difference between a starting QB and a backup evidently you don't. 1st and foremost they do not want turnover that means throw it away and yes take a sack if need be but do not throw it into coverage or force passes. Weeden has done what most teams expect out of a backup but of course you don't get it and never will.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
That backup has an 11-5 season on his resume. That's far more pedigree than the lilly-livered Weeden.

Defense has looked good for a half and wilted late the past two weeks. A big part of that is on the offense, which is getting ganged up on because of Weeden's fear and one-read ability.

This is about as relevant as Tim Tebow's playoff record.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various....

Philly should have taught the geezers around here that the running game is dependent upon a heck of a lot more than just the RBs.
Randle looks hard-headed, goofy and some other bad things. He also looks real dang talented.
That STUPID play was a touchdown. We score so few of those we might want to pause and consider what we are criticizing for a sec.

Without that goofiness perhaps we don;t score a TD there. Not like he had a gaping hole anywhere.

Weeden's problem is hardly happy feet. His problem is being slow and deliberate. He has a great fast ball but he'd be terrible with a shot clock.
His ability to move is limited but the speed of the game is what is acing him right now.