Balloon Fight

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nope you just claimed knowledge humanity does not have.

That is what I mean about arrogance.

There is no way in this universe that we know enough to say anything as definite as you claimed.
You should be more comfortable about what you don't know and leave it at that.

triplets_93

Reaction score
U.S. officials said Monday that a significant portion of the balloon's payload was recovered on Monday. The reconnaissance platform was estimated to be 30-feet-long and contained all of craft's tech gear and antennas.

"Recovery operations concluded Feb. 16 off the coast of South Carolina, after U.S. Navy assets assigned to U.S. Northern Command successfully located and retrieved debris from the high-altitude PRC surveillance balloon shot down Feb. 4, 2023," it said in a statement.

"Final pieces of debris are being transferred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Laboratory in Virginia for counterintelligence exploitation, as has occurred with the previous surface and subsurface debris recovered," the statement said. "U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard vessels have departed the area. Air and maritime safety perimeters have been lifted."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/navy-ends-chinese-spy-balloon-recovery-operation/story?id=97289405

nobody

Reaction score
The original black&white version from 1950’s, the John Carpenter Kurt Russell-vehicle from the 1980’s, or the Mary Elizabeth Winstead movie from 2011?

I’m partial to the 1982 entrant - but all three were pretty good.
I'm pretty sure the 2011 Mary Elizabeth Winstead one was a prequel to the 1982 one. It wasn't a remake but an add on.

The 1982 one was the best and it wasn't even close.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right about the prequel thing. But still, the title is…

And I concur with your assessment of the 1982 version. Made me a lifetime fan of Kurt Russell, Keith David (‘They Live’), and Wilford Brimley.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution!!
FFS, do you need a cookie?

Anything remotely topic related to add?
It appears one of the objects shot down was a balloon hobby club's $12.00 balloon shot down by a $400K missile. I can't figure out how the math works out right to justify that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re absolutely right about the prequel thing. But still, the title is…

And I concur with your assessment of the 1982 version. Made me a lifetime fan of Kurt Russell, Keith David (‘They Live’), and Wilford Brimley.
Russell enjoyed a nice run of other cult iconic roles like Snake Plissken (Escape From New York), Gabriel Cash (Tango & Cash) and the infamous :muttley: Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China).