Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If a team was eager to land Romo against a backdrop of a lot of suitors there would be a trade. There simply aren't a lot of suitors.

As I said months ago there are obvious conditions for a team wanting Romo:
-They must need a top quarterback
-They must have ample funds available
-They must be willing to take a lot of risk w/age and injury
-They need to be in a window where they can win it all right away

That's a very short list of teams, bros. Quite possibly no list at all.
Dude you're not understanding. Jerry loves Romo he didn't want to trade him away to a crappy team out of respect. It's been known Romo wants to go to Denver or Houston. Jerry has a great relationship with Romo and didn't want to screw Romo by trading him to Washington , NYJ, Cle , LA, SF etc...therefore it gave broncos and Texans leverage.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The Cowboys ruined Tony's trace value. You say he can't beat out a 4th round rookie and give him one drive.

You telegraph you can't keep him. And Dak is the future.

Had you gone back to Tony you have a better qb, a guy you trust in the wings and a credible argument to keeping Romo.

All that self sabotage aside I thought we'd get a 3rd. Stupid.

Sydla

Reaction score
Start with a list of teams expressing an interest in making a trade then get back to me.

Impossible to answer since none of us are insiders. So it's laughable that people answer questions with questions like these.

There should have been a market for Romo. But Jerry misplayed his hand, or worst, simply didn't want to even try to create a market because he wanted to do right by Tony. That he felt bad how things ended up here in Dallas for Tony and that he wanted to give him every opportunity to dictate his own end to his career.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Romo would have to agree to restructure and the terms. The front office has no mechanism to force Tony to do that in order to make a trade amenable.

Romo has a lot of motivation to not facilitate such a trade. He soon won't be a Cowboy anymore.

Then the Cowboys should play hardball with Romo and tell him, "you're the backup, there is no QB competition, and you will only play if Dak gets hurt". Being that Romo is a competitor and wants to play now, you can bet your *** he'll facilitate a trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I swear, if this is just to sign McCown, i'm trading in my fandom for this season.

Guaranteed, the next team that signs him is going to be like, "Ha ha, yeah we were prepared to spend a pretty good pick on him. Guess things just work out huh?"

Nobody was trading for Romo.

tm1119

Reaction score
Dude you're not understanding. Jerry loves Romo he didn't want to trade him away to a crappy team out of respect. It's been known Romo wants to go to Denver or Houston. Jerry has a great relationship with Romo and didn't want to screw Romo by trading him to Washington , NYJ, Cle , LA, SF etc...therefore it gave broncos and Texans leverage.

Or none of those rebuilding teams want an expensive injury prone QB who will only be around 1, maybe 2, years...

sean10mm

Reaction score
Then the Cowboys should play hardball with Romo and tell him, "you're the backup, there is no QB competition, and you will only play if Dak gets hurt". Being that Romo is a competitor and wants to play now, you can bet your *** he'll facilitate a trade.

This is the world's dumbest bluff, because the Cowboys don't want Romo's full salary on the salary cap books and everyone knows it.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
meanwhile, Mike Glennon is rumored to be getting $14 mil.. but, but teams aren't desperate for a QB!!! that's why no trade for Romo !!!

you can't make this stuff up

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo should thank his lucky stars the day he met Jerry. Dude has been bending over backwards for romo since day 1. Guess the two playoff wins mean a lot to Jerry.
If he could only play defense. Dang that Romo. And for about 4-5 seasons, block as well.

At least it looks like they'll be working on that for Dak. The offense is in place. Now for the D!

mugsybows

Reaction score
Guarantee the contract he gets probably with Denver will be hugely incentive laden that he plays a whole season. Sadly I think the first hit he takes he's out again

Status
Not open for further replies.