Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
the Vikings are just as badly mismanaged as the Cowboys, Bradford was not in any universe, worth a 1st round pick

Bradford had very solid numbers last season and with reports that Bridgewater could miss the 2017 season and that his career could be done, the move for Bradford appears to have been a great move for Minn.

visionary

Reaction score
They absolutely shouldn't just get over it.

The problem with this organization has always been that it caters to ego's 1st and the team 2nd.

I love Romo but he has been paid more money that anyone could ever dream of making. They owe him nothing and they should do everything possible to get any kind of value they can and if the compensation isn't right then they need to keep him.

This

Tristan

Reaction score
BEEEEERBBBBQQQQUUUUUEEEEEYYY!!!

Beat it you pudgy choker! Thanks for all the miserey!!!!!!

Sue me! I was a Henson guy lol!

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Bradford had very solid numbers last season and with reports that Bridgewater could miss the 2017 season and that his career could be done, the move for Bradford appears to have been a great move for Minn.
well maybe, it's easy to say that now. but at the time of the trade it was unfathomable that any team would give a 1st round pick for Bradford

DFWJC

Reaction score
I call BS on "theres nothing there".

A first rounder? Absolutely no way could we ever get that.

A 2nd rounder? Probably pushing it.

A 3rd? Sure.. A team would definitely give up a 3rd for Romo but we'd rather let him walk then try and get compensation.
I hear you Catch.
But exactly which team would that be?

It'd have to be one of those handful of teams that he would want to play for.
No team is trading for a starting QB who already has all of those physical red flags without full confirmation that he wants to play for them.
Plus, there's the contract to consider. Most likely any team acquitting him will want to restructure that deal..as will Romo. But he has to be willing to do that.

I'm not sure Denver or Houston or full desperation mode. KC is rolling with Smith. It sounds like Palmer is with AZ one more year.
Not so cut and dry.

I'm with you though. Wish we could get some compensation besides some cap relief.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Bradford has only played 2 full seasons in his entire career (rookie year 2010). When you're injured that much, it doesn't matter how young you are
While a valid point, it doesn't change anything. One horrible trade doesn't mean another team is going to line up to do so. In face, it probably makes teams less likely, only being a year later. At the end of the day, as fond as the memories are that we have of Romo, I don't think anyone really know's what they'll get with Romo. It's a real gamble. He may be great still, or he may not. He may last most or all of the season, or he may, as we've seen, not make it out of pre-season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just listened to 3 different local Dallas sports stations. All unanimous in saying this was a forgone conclusion. And out of 9 guys talking about it, only 1 thought there was any real chance Dallas could get anything in a trade given the contract, age, health risk, etc.

Don't shoot the messenger...which some people have had a tendency to do around here lately.
Just passing it along.

Sports radio is saying they knew it all along? Say it ain't so!

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
While a valid point, it doesn't change anything. One horrible trade doesn't mean another is going to line up to do so. In face, it probably makes teams less likely, only being a year later. At the end of the day, as fond as the memories are that we have of Romo, I don't think anyone really know's what they'll get with Romo. It's a real gamble. He may be great still, or he may not. He may last most or all of the season, or he may, as we've seen, not make it out of pre-season.
This i agree with, I think in addition to Jerry letting his emotions play in to his decision on what to do with Romo, the timing of everything happening just did not do the Cowboys any favors whatsoever

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sports radio is saying they knew it all along? Say it ain't so!
:laugh:
To their credit, most of these local guys were saying a trade would be tough and to expect a release.
I was hoping for a little more though. Was not at all expecting it though.

Hey, it's not yet 4pm EST Thursday.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
They absolutely shouldn't just get over it.

The problem with this organization has always been that it caters to ego's 1st and the team 2nd.

I love Romo but he has been paid more money that anyone could ever dream of making. They owe him nothing and they should do everything possible to get any kind of value they can and if the compensation isn't right then they need to keep him.
This

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
well maybe, it's easy to say that now. but at the time of the trade it was unfathomable that any team would give a 1st round pick for Bradford

At the time of the trade Bridgwater had just gone down for the season with a very serious injury and many at the time thought it could be career threatening. The regular season was just 2 weeks away and Minn was desperate. They had nothing at QB and Bradford isn't bad, he was excellent the final month of the 2015 season in Philly, go check his numbers. With some picking Minn to go to the SB prior to the start of last season, many thought going after Bradford was a good move. He played well last season despite missing all of training camp with Minn but Peterson only carried the ball 37 times due to injury. Peterson's decline and injury really hurt the Vikings last season.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
I thank Tony for all that he did for this organization. He made Cowboys football fun again after years of poop. I knew every Sunday that # 9 played Dallas had a chance to win. You will be missed Tony and you are a class act.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
At the time of the trade Bridgwater had just gone down for the season with a very serious injury and many at the time thought it could be career threatening. The regular season was just 2 weeks away and Minn was desperate. They had nothing at QB and Bradford isn't bad, he was excellent the final month of the 2015 season in Philly, go check his numbers. With some picking Minn to go to the SB prior to the start of last season, many thought going after Bradford was a good move. He played well last season despite missing all of training camp with Minn but Peterson only carried the ball 37 times due to injury. Peterson's decline and injury really hurt the Vikings last season.
I mean sure he was probably the best caliber QB they could hope for acquiring in any scenario at that point in the season. And even given his good 2015 season, I still don't agree that he was worth a 1st rounder. A 2nd maybe, a 3rd for sure. Just goes to show what desperation forces teams to do.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Let's pull a phrase out of Mickey Spag's book......"If Tony is so good, why isn't any team lining up to trade for his services."???

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All mourning for Tony aside, just think, we prioritized getting Brice Butler back.

DFWJC

Reaction score
More articles out now saying it's a foregone conclusion

------excerpt

"Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones' decision to release Romo was the result of a conversation between the two on Tuesday, league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

A source told Werder that Romo did not have to pressure Jones to release him before the official beginning of NFL free agency so he could pursue opportunities with another franchise.

Jones told Romo that he had waited to determine whether another team might offer the Cowboys something in a trade for the oft-injured quarterback. When that failed to occur following the NFL scouting combine, Jones told Romo he would release him and make him a June 1 designation........"

--------------------

erod

Reaction score
Lol Denver is probably his worst option . They have no line, no running game. There defense is getting old, stepped back from 2015, is getting older amd just lost one of the best DC's in NFL history. Plus they have 2 teams in the division that are better them with a healthy Romo in Oakland and KC. And a guy who hasnt been able to stay healthy gets to look across the line at Mack, Houston/Hali/Ford, and Bosa/Ingram 6 times.....Ya good luck with that.

If he is smart he will go to KC or Houston. Denver he will basically be going back to the 2011-2013 Cowboys
Even after they sign Leary and draft offensive line in the first round?

The NFL is fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.