Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Bradford is in his late 20s. Romo hasn't played more than half of the season in 2 years and is highly overpaid and in his late 30s.....nothing alike.

Bradford got the pick, not because he was in his late 20s, but because the team was pressured to find anyone that could play because they just built a brand new stadium.

In the Not For Long league, coaches and managers have to have a QB. Put a little fire under their seat, or have a QB go down, and Romo would have gotten something, anything. As opposed to nothing.

That's bad management.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I gotta say, it's fun actually having some action around here again. Things were getting kind of slow. lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People just have to get over it. Romo will get released. End of story.

They absolutely shouldn't just get over it.

The problem with this organization has always been that it caters to ego's 1st and the team 2nd.

I love Romo but he has been paid more money that anyone could ever dream of making. They owe him nothing and they should do everything possible to get any kind of value they can and if the compensation isn't right then they need to keep him.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Bradford is in his late 20s. Romo hasn't played more than half of the season in 2 years and is highly overpaid and in his late 30s.....nothing alike.
well it's more alike than you think. Bradford has the same lengthy injury history as Romo, arguably even longer especially in his first 5 years. Also, Bradford has come nowhere even close to having an MVP season while Romo just perfromed at that level in 2014 (pretty recent). When you have the same propensity for injury as a young player vs. an aging vet, youth really doesn't play a factor.

Therefore, there is validity in asking why Bradford commanded a 1st round pick and Romo does not

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bradford got the pick, not because he was in his late 20s, but because the team was pressured to find anyone that could play because they just built a brand new stadium.

In the Not For Long league, coaches and managers have to have a QB. Put a little fire under their seat, or have a QB go down, and Romo would have gotten something, anything. As opposed to nothing.

That's bad management.

No Bradford was younger. You are telling me the Vikings would've traded a first rounder for a 37 year old? Wasn't happening. Bradford was younger and healthier then Romo. The only people that think Romo has trade value are Romo fans. Jerry is even smart enough to realize there's nothing there.

LittleD

Reaction score
The fact that Jerry Jones puts the interests of Tony Romo ahead of the Cowboys interests is incompetent and despicable at best.

Nah! it's just Jerry being Jerry and he could care "not a lick" about what anyone on this board thinks. If he did, he has lots of big, burly bodyguards to take care of us.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
No Bradford was younger. You are telling me the Vikings would've traded a first rounder for a 37 year old? Wasn't happening. Bradford was younger and healthier then Romo. The only people that think Romo has trade value are Romo fans. Jerry is even smart enough to realize there's nothing there.
the Vikings are just as badly mismanaged as the Cowboys, Bradford was not in any universe, worth a 1st round pick

LittleD

Reaction score
well it's more alike than you think. Bradford has the same lengthy injury history as Romo, arguably even longer especially in his first 5 years. Also, Bradford has come nowhere even close to having an MVP season while Romo just perfromed at that level in 2014 (pretty recent). When you have the same propensity for injury as a young player vs. an aging vet, youth really doesn't play a factor.

Therefore, there is validity in asking why Bradford commanded a 1st round pick and Romo does not

Timing is everything and there are no teams a week from starting the season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I call BS on "theres nothing there".

A first rounder? Absolutely no way could we ever get that.

A 2nd rounder? Probably pushing it.

A 3rd? Sure.. A team would definitely give up a 3rd for Romo but we'd rather let him walk then try and get compensation.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is a major disappointment, but not a surprise.

Dodger12

Reaction score
A 3rd? Sure.. A team would definitely give up a 3rd for Romo but we'd rather let him walk then try and get compensation.

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but you'd probably think Romo had a no-trade clause in his contract or some verbiage that he'd have to approve the trade. I'm certain Romo had some leverage as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can now see why Stephen Jones was so quick to avoid talking about this subject, simply saying that "it's Jerry's decision."

He knew he'd botch this up and wanted no part of it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just listened to 3 different local Dallas sports stations. All unanimous in saying this was a forgone conclusion. And out of 9 guys talking about it, only 1 thought there was any real chance Dallas could get anything in a trade given the contract, age, health risk, etc.

Don't shoot the messenger...which some people have had a tendency to do around here lately.
Just passing it along.

NFL Teams don't think with logic.

They do stupid stuff ALL OF THE TIME and then puts their noses up in the air like they are too good to be questioned.

I KNOW Dallas could get something for Romo. Could they get a 1st or 2nd? Probably not but it would surprise me in this league full of idiots minus Belichick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but you'd probably think Romo had a no-trade clause in his contract or some verbiage that he'd have to approve the trade. I'm certain Romo had some leverage as well.

It has. Romo doesn't. Very few NFL players do.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

The Bradford trade was ridiculous, but they aren't that similar. Romo is almost a decade older, and has missed the better part of the last two seasons. Think about it...Tony hasn't played sustained football in two seasons. As attached as some may be as fans to Romo, the bottom line is a team really has little clue what they're getting with Romo at this point.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I didn't check back on other pages but Ed werder reported I'm told that Romo did not pressure Jones into releasing him so he could find another team. Jones explained he held him hoping to make trade.

Jerrysupposedly tried but who's gonna take on that contract at 37.

sean10mm

Reaction score
They absolutely shouldn't just get over it.

The problem with this organization has always been that it caters to ego's 1st and the team 2nd.

I love Romo but he has been paid more money that anyone could ever dream of making. They owe him nothing and they should do everything possible to get any kind of value they can and if the compensation isn't right then they need to keep him.

This part makes no sense because THE COWBOYS want to get Romo's contract off the books. It's not in the interests of THE COWBOYS to keep him. They can't threaten Romo with the thing THEY THEMSELVES WANT TO PREVENT!

Also, again, why would teams trade for Romo that Romo openly doesn't want to play for? Why would anyone want that for the face of their franchise? It makes no sense.

LittleD

Reaction score
I call BS on "theres nothing there".

A first rounder? Absolutely no way could we ever get that.

A 2nd rounder? Probably pushing it.

We are fixing to find out. Jerry gave until 4pm tomorrow for some team to pony up a 3rd rounder for him and not have to deal with 5 or 6
other teams for his services after tomorrow. Yep, we'll soon see if your theory holds water.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
The Bradford trade was ridiculous, but they aren't similar. Romo is almost a decade older, and has missed the better part of the last two seasons. Think about it...Tony hasn't played sustained football in two season. As attached as some may be as fans to Romo, the bottom line is a team really has no clue what they're getting with Romo at this point.
Bradford has only played 2 full seasons in his entire career (rookie year 2010). When you're injured that much, it doesn't matter how young you are

Status
Not open for further replies.