Not open for further replies.

fredp22

Reaction score
gotta make room for McCown.

releasing is giving him away and would just show how bad our front office is

Last edited:

movaughn88

Reaction score
I mean I might get doing it now if the front office had a FA on the line they were ready to plow the money into. Like if they were going to eat the full cap hit this year and use the $5.1MM saved immediately to sign, say Peppers............

But they aren't. They are sitting out the first week of free agency waiting for bargains and will likely use him a June 1 cap hit. So what's the point of cutting him now?

Barring your/mine opinion of McCown, if they want him as their backup QB, then he might need to be signed in the next couple of days. That would be a catalyst I believe, as leverage is lessened even more to bluff that we are keeping Romo.

CWR

Reaction score
I would have done alot of things differently. I would have tried to max out his value. They made it pretty clear they had very little interest in doing that. At this point, Id just assume abandon hope they do the righy thing for there organization and fans and move on

Maybe Jerry will earn us some good karma at least lol.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This would be an epic failure on Jerry Jones' part, and a big detriment to the Cowboys organization.

The book is out on Dallas and Jerry. Dallas is limited in cap space so they need whatever space they can get. Jerry will not screw over a player of Romo's stature and history of the team. People thinking Dallas would hold on to Romo until some needy team came knocking were fooling themselves. Jerry doesn't do that. He's going to give Romo a chance to get a good deal.

Sydla

Reaction score
Barring your/mine opinion of McCown, if they want him as their backup QB, then he might need to be signed in the next couple of days. That would be a catalyst I believe, as leverage is lessened even more to bluff that we are keeping Romo.

So the desperation in landing a mediocre to bad backup QB in McCown trumps getting anything for Romo?

Frankly, if that's part of the thought process, then that makes me think even less of Jerry.

lqmac1

Reaction score

Man, reality of Romo no longer being a Cowboy is starting to hit. I'm so thankful for not only what he did to the Cowboys, but me as a fan. He made my love for the Cowboys grow immensely. I'll always have love for Romo and whatever team he's on next year, will be my second team.

Dak has some big shoes to fill, but I think he'll outgrow them ;)

Zordon

Reaction score
Releasing Romo would be a total embarrassment. Words couldn't describe how big of a failure that would be.

I guarantee some QB gets hurt in the offseason and the Pats take advantage of the situation we should have been in.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So hey, uh, who is going to start the "Tony Romo Appreciation Thread"?

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
The book is out on Dallas and Jerry. Dallas is limited in cap space so they need whatever space they can get. Jerry will not screw over a player of Romo's stature and history of the team. People thinking Dallas would hold on to Romo until some needy team came knocking were fooling themselves. Jerry doesn't do that. He's going to give Romo a chance to get a good deal.

And in turn, screw over his own team. Even if we are so great, we could see Romo again, and we got nothing for him, just helped the other team that got him for nothing.

We can try to make ourselves feel better by saying its finally over lol, thats just dumb. Why does it have to be over?? Cause Jerry is tired of being in the news?? If you believe that, look in the mirror and write idiot on your forehead.

We have no reason to want it to be over. Jerry's looking out for Romo, not the team, if true.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
So the desperation in landing a mediocre to bad backup QB in McCown trumps getting anything for Romo?

Frankly, if that's part of the thought process, then that makes me think even less of Jerry.
A backup who you hope never plays and wasn't that great when he did, vs a 3rd or 4th round pick who could easily end up being a starter in this draft class. Makes a ton of sense.

Sydla

Reaction score
Releasing Romo would be a total embarrassment. Words couldn't describe how big of a failure that would be.

I guarantee some QB gets hurt in the offseason and the Pats take advantage of the situation we should have been in.

Well in fairness, even if we kept Romo, the Pats could trump Romo with Jimmy G. He would certainly be more attractive than Romo.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Guys, I love Romo as my as anyone, but he's going to be a 37 year old quarterback who has missed a huge number of games the last two seasons. Sometimes treating your vets well reaps rewards more valuable than a late draft pick.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
really .....you would rather lose out on picks and cap space just to have resolution

I can easily wait until after the Draft and June 1st if it helps the team more

Oh capologist, please tell me how a release vs. a trade will save cap space.

It sorta reads like you don't know much about June 1st cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.