Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

revospeed

Reaction score
Goodness. This is embarrassing. Can Jerry not play it close to the vest and give off the impression that we're not just going to give him away?

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
This franchise has been playing nice with the league, malcontents, free agents, vets, etc the last two decades, what have we reaped for such benevolent behavior?

It's the cut throat team in New England that treats their players like interchangeable parts and sucks every last resource out of them that has been winning at will.

We will be the laughing stock of the league if we let Romo go without compensation.

Oh yeah? Were the Colts the "laughing stock" of the league when they release Peyton? Give me a break.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I don't know how much involvement Stephen has in this area at all. And I'm not aware of too many good trades Jerry's has on his resume. Herschel Walker was all Jimmy.

Other articles have said that Stephen wouldn't even talk about the Romo situation, and it was all on Jerry.

LittleD

Reaction score
Yeah other teams get stronger, yet we think we are ok with staying the exact same team.

I mean, cause we must be the best team to ever take the field.....except we aren't.

Can't even get a 7th rounder for Romo, fire that GM.

GM's the owner...can't be fired... He makes official the final orders from Stephen now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the headline "barring a strong trade offer".

I would take anything rather than be exposed as a weak organization that panders to its players.

No matter how it plays out, it's going to be ok for Dallas from a players' perspective. Teams do get reputations for how they handle players. Those reputations might not mean much at crunch time if the money is not there, but we've gotten sweetheart deals in the past from players like Tyron Smith because of how the organization treats its players. It's a mistake to give away an asset for nothing, but the pain is in missing out on the pick. The perception is actually a positive.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
If this is true.....then Jerry once again doing what's best for his pet cat "superbowl winning" QB (often spoken of here in the same breath as Peyton and Brady) over what's best for the team!!!!! Smh.....these are the things that continue to hold the cowboys hostage!

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It's so nice of Jerry to do what's right by a player and not the team. Thanks to such a great owner, doctor, and GM.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Really surprising that they can't even scrape a 5th rounder or something out of one of these teams.

While I think the talk of first round picks and the like were totally overblown and ridiculous, I still think he had some value. To get nothing at all for him definitely seems like a front office screw up.

This just smells simply like Jerry giving one of his pet cats whatever he wants, feeling that he owes it to Romo to let him dictate his own path here.

But that's the problem with this thinking. Dallas gave him his shot. Gave him his shot to start when they benched Bledsoe. It was the perfect situation for Tony, from style to playbook, to everything. The story probably wouldnt have played put for tony as well if he were picked up by another team.

Dallas owes him nothing. Gave him millions. Tony owes Dallas everything. We need to get something for this guy and Tony needs to help make that happen.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Any serious team contending for a championship that is interested in a new starting QB for 2017, would be wise to acquire that QB by the time OTAs begin.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Just broke on the fan that archer and schefter said Romo will be released tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.