Twitter: Based on QBR. Dak has a argument to be top paid at his position

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Been down this road. I mean, if you want to take that tact, then logically QBR is also heavily influenced by team play. That's the nature of playing the position so really, what you try and outline here is fallacy of the worst kind because I know you are not stupid. So the logical conclusion here is that you know this to be true but you are purposely ignoring that fact and trying to pass off your earlier statement as valid. This entire post invalidates all that you have prescribed, to this point.

Lastly, this discussion is not about best. This discussion is about contracts and salary. For the record, yes, Manning is better then Dak to this point and it's not even close. I believe Eli won two championships, which ties him with his brother Peyton, Roger, Griese, Roethlisberger, Elway, Starr and Plunkett, I believe? That's the group he fits in but again, this has nothing to do with who's better or best. This is about contract and how much you pay Dak.

Again, we aren't swerving off the road on this one.

So Eli Manning was a better quarterback than Romo?I never said anything about Dak being better than Eli. I asked you is Eli better then Romo. Was Joe Flacco better than Romo?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So Eli Manning was a better quarterback than Romo?I never said anything about Dak being better than Eli. I asked you is Eli better then Romo. Was Joe Flacco better than Romo?

Yes. He won Championships. Tony, for as much as I like the guy personally, did not. All things equal, would you trade Tony and his zero Championships for Eli and his two? I would.

If you are not here for the contract discussion, then you may as well end this discussion with me now because that is what this thread is about and that is what I am discussing here.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't agree that Dak should be paid the highest salary, but nobody really cares what I think. I just wish he'd sign this latest five-year, $107 million guaranteed deal and be done with this BS!

Bigdog

Reaction score
And yet we still didn't make the playoffs. Our coaching wasn't that great I'll admit that but Dak wasn't either when the team needed him the most. I like Dak but if the Cowboys did offer him 35 mill with 106 guaranteed and his agent and him turned it down than he is absolute idiot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. He won Championships. Tony, for as much as I like the guy personally, did not. All things equal, would you trade Tony and his zero Championships for Eli and his two? I would.

If you are not here for the contract discussion, then you may as well end this discussion with me now because that is what this thread is about and that is what I am discussing here.
Are you not capable of having a discussion without a poster bringing up other players in order to prove a point? If not, yes we can end the discussion. You don't get to dictate how I chose debate. Sorry ABQ.......nice try though.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eli played on a team with a superior defense. The old saying- defenses win championships holds true in Eli's case. And, in my opinion, neither was better than Romo.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And yet we still didn't make the playoffs. Our coaching wasn't that great I'll admit that but Dak wasn't either when the team needed him the most. I like Dak but if the Cowboys did offer him 35 mill with 106 guaranteed and his agent and him turned it down than he is absolute idiot.

We didn't make the playoffs despite our passing offense in 2019, not because of it. Dak was great for the vast majority of the season, saying when we needed him most is very vague and dishonest

We'll see how much of an idiot he is when he ultimately signs his contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eli played on a team with a superior defense. The old saying- defenses win championships holds true in Eli's case. And, in my opinion, neither was better than Romo.
I agree 100%. I do think Eli did contribute to those runs but he had tremendous help. I don't even think I'd say the defense I'd say that front 7 mainly the defensive line. One of the best defensives lines depth wise I can remember.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We didn't make the playoffs despite our passing offense in 2019, not because of it. Dak was great for the vast majority of the season, saying when we needed him most is very vague and dishonest

We'll see how much of an idiot he is when he ultimately signs his contract.

Sure he was.....:huh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Are you not capable of having a discussion without a poster bringing up other players in order to prove a point? If not, yes we can end the discussion. You don't get to dictate how I chose debate. Sorry ABQ.......nice try though.

Hey, I didn't start this thing and I certainly didn't produce the method by which things will be discussed on this board. But, I have seen how it works, I've seen the methods you have adopted and I now know the rules of engagement. In short, this style of posting is not what I prefer or support but it's what you are going to get, based on your own posting behavior with me. If this is not to your liking, I get it, I didn't like it much either but then again, it's what I got so there it is.

Nobody invited you to start discussion with me, you chose to do that. So yes, I do decide. That's a pretty craptastic way to approach this, I agree, but it's the manner of your own choosing Rocy.

So I can assume we are done here. If not, well, I will continue to decide for you, how this discussion will proceed, based on the OP.

Cheers.....

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, okay. Not even worth the argument. Let’s give Dak everything he wants. I mean, he’s got a great QBR! He MUST be the bestest QB in the whole league and worthy of a blank check. Sure.

Qcard

Reaction score

QBR is considered one of the best ways to gauge how good or bad a QB is. As you can see, it filters out the Jameis Winston's of the world. Based on 2019......the argument for Dak and his team isn't nearly as outrageous as many would like for you to think.

It's not outrageous...it business as usual.

These Dak Haters want nuclear option...rescind Tag and try to hide a $7M QB behind "stacked" team...

Can't hide a QB. Sooner or later Andy would have to make plays....those days are gone.

Dak is by far best option to go deep into playoffs

jsb357

Reaction score
Do they pass out rings for the QB with the highest QBR?

jjktkk

Reaction score
No, that’s not the best way to gauge a QB at all.

Even then, the team has also made the divisional round of the playoffs 2 out of 4 years Dak has been starting. Both games In The divisional round were close and the team was a play or two from
Making a NFC conference game.

It’s not great but it’s certainly not terrible either.
It's not good enough to become the highest paid player in the league.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do they pass out rings for the QB with the highest QBR?

Yes they do. They look like this.........

669cf78585180a59d4c77c83998b9c2b.jpg

Let me tell ya, they are REALLY good to...

:laugh:

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hey, I didn't start this thing and I certainly didn't produce the method by which things will be discussed on this board. But, I have seen how it works, I've seen the methods you have adopted and I now know the rules of engagement. In short, this style of posting is not what I prefer or support but it's what you are going to get, based on your own posting behavior with me. If this is not to your liking, I get it, I didn't like it much either but then again, it's what I got so there it is.

Nobody invited you to start discussion with me, you chose to do that. So yes, I do decide. That's a pretty craptastic way to approach this, I agree, but it's the manner of your own choosing Rocy.

So I can assume we are done here. If not, well, I will continue to decide for you, how this discussion will proceed, based on the OP.

Cheers.....
Have a good day.