Twitter: Based on QBR. Dak has a argument to be top paid at his position

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes they do. They look like this.........

669cf78585180a59d4c77c83998b9c2b.jpg

Let me tell ya, they are REALLY good to...

:laugh:
:muttley:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The issue isn't just Daks value in a vacuum. I think that's what some of the pro Dak people are missing. It's Daks value vs. what's good/acceptable for the entire team going forward. I know there is this whole pro/anti Dak civil war here, but the TEAM is what's most important. Dak has every right to go after every penny possible and the team has every right and should exercise the right to say no thanks. History has shown us, as well as 50+ threads here about it, that committing that much money to your QB is going to handcuff your team and hinder your chances at winning a Superbowl by something like 99%. It's written in stone gospel. Why are so many people more concerned with paying Dak, than the COWBOYS ability to compete for a Superbowl?

Bigdog

Reaction score
We didn't make the playoffs despite our passing offense in 2019, not because of it. Dak was great for the vast majority of the season, saying when we needed him most is very vague and dishonest

We'll see how much of an idiot he is when he ultimately signs his contract.
Ok he didn't generate enough offense to win the games down the stretch. Even he has said that qbs are judged based on number of wins they have. He was 8-8 last year and 1-4 down the stretch. Some times one can be too greedy ( mainly his agent) and it is not all about money. There are other perks that go along with being the Cowboys qb that he will not get elsewhere (pretty sure he is not getting endorsements being the Cincy qb). Don't get me wrong I like Dak and would like him to be our qb but at a fair and reasonable price and length for both sides.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But Rocy the team can't compete because he will take up too much CA...... wait

But Rocy the other teams that have high paid QBs can't compete be..... wait

According to the trolls, at this rate, top 10 QB's are all going to be obsolete soon. They will all be out of the job because the trolls say you cant win with them. ITS BEEN PROVEN!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Best way to gauge how good or bad a QB is: team record and the ability to lead a team deep into the playoffs.

That's what people that don't understand the QB position think.

That theory would work great if every QB had the EXACT same team and coaches surrounding them. That way the playing field would be level. But its not.

And then there is the fact that some QB's are in their prime and some don't have much experience.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ok he didn't generate enough offense to win the games down the stretch. Even he has said that qbs are judged based on number of wins they have. He was 8-8 last year and 1-4 down the stretch. Some times one can be too greedy ( mainly his agent) and it is not all about money. There are other perks that go along with being the Cowboys qb that he will not get elsewhere (pretty sure he is not getting endorsements being the Cincy qb). Don't get me wrong I like Dak and would like him to be our qb but at a fair and reasonable price and length for both sides.

So you're quantifying down the stretch as the last five games.

You claimed he didn't generate enough offense. Over those five weeks the offense scored 139 points, or 27.8 points per game. Only five teams averaged more points than that in PPG last season. Also they were 2-3 over last five not 1-4. I'm not sure why you're bringing up team record though, we already discussed his output was better than the team record.

I was just letting you know we were 8-8 because of the other facets, not our passing offense.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Well, ignorance raises it hand!

We already knew you weren't the brightest, but if you thought Brady played the QB position better than Dak did last season then you've cemented yourself as a very low IQ individually.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The issue isn't just Daks value in a vacuum. I think that's what some of the pro Dak people are missing. It's Daks value vs. what's good/acceptable for the entire team going forward. I know there is this whole pro/anti Dak civil war here, but the TEAM is what's most important. Dak has every right to go after every penny possible and the team has every right and should exercise the right to say no thanks. History has shown us, as well as 50+ threads here about it, that committing that much money to your QB is going to handcuff your team and hinder your chances at winning a Superbowl by something like 99%. It's written in stone gospel. Why are so many people more concerned with paying Dak, than the COWBOYS ability to compete for a Superbowl?
This post should become a bulletin on the front page of this website.

I’m 100% with you. The direct issue isn’t that Dak wants as much money as possible.. who WOULDN'T want as much money as possible?! The issue is that by Dak asking for (and potentially getting) too much, the chances of surrounding Dak with Super Bowl talent will inherently become more difficult.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

We understand that our best way to a Super Bowl is through Dak. Don't believe the threads that say that, they're from misinformed posters. It's really that simple.

Here are some facts for you:
Dak is currently taking up more CAP space as a % of CAP under the franchise tag right now than he ever would under a long-term deal
The team already before Dak's CAP relief has plenty of CAP space to make whatever moves they would like. They also have the ability to make easy roster cuts such as Chris Jones, Crawford, Thompson, Fortbath, etc to create more CAP.

So if we have all these things, why by most people's standards do we have a top 5-8 roster in the league?

aikemirv

Reaction score
We already knew you weren't the brightest, but if you thought Brady played the QB position better than Dak did last season then you've cemented yourself as a very low IQ individually.
I am sorry, but the statement that a RB does not help QBR or QB play in general is assinine!

Just own that feeble statement!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I am sorry, but the statement that a RB does not help QBR or QB play in general is assinine!

Just own that feeble statement!
Don't use words you don't know how to spell.
There's been a million analytical articles explaining this to you, it's your choice to remain ignorant.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I know you are trying to slide this post in as if its factual but it is not.

Steelers won the Super Bowl not Big Ben.
Sehawks won a Super Bowl and not Russ.
Rodgers did win a Super Bowl. A big contributor in that. Fair point.
Carson Wentz hasn't even played in a full playoff game yet so when did he win a Super Bowl?
didn't they all win on a team friendly, non-market setting contract?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Let's breakdown the Prescott-Cowboys contract situation: Dak Prescott, per insiders, is not budging on a contract worth $40+ million dollars per year — and by all accounts, Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys front-office feel out of their comfort zone with offering Prescott a contract worth $33-$35 million dollars per year.

As of yesterday, insiders say that Dak Prescott's latest counter-offer consists of a whopping $42 million dollars per year, for 4-5 years. Now: Le'ts take $42 million dollars with a grain of salt. While we have a number to report, we do not, however, have any information beyond that number. We do not know the proposed guaranteed dollar amount. We do not know if certain potential contract incentives favor the team. We simply have one number at this point: $42 million per year. In August of last year, Dak Prescott turned down a contract offer from the Cowboys that would've paid him $30 million per year, per CBS. We also learned in August of last year, that Prescott first demanded $40 million dollars per year, per USA Today. Yesterday's news of $42 million per year shouldn't be seen as anything other than symbolic: Dak isn't budging. And Jerry Jones seems unwilling to go up in price — as he is already at his limit with Prescott — offering the Quarterback $33-$35 million dollars per year. How will this play out? Well, the Cowboys responded by signing a well known, and well-established Quarterback — Andy Dalton. If Prescott does decide to hold-out due to himself not receiving $40 million+ dollars per year to play, Prescott would be saying he is willing to gamble his football future on Andy Dalton not being able to lead the Cowboys to a winning season.

However, if Andy Dalton were to lead the Cowboys to success, perhaps even to the playoffs... well, Prescott's price, of course, at that point, would be so deteriorated, the Cowboys would likely offer Prescott a much lower contract than previously proposed, and Prescott would then be likely to hit the free-agent market looking for a desperate team to over-pay him. Again, assuming he, A: Holds-out. B: Andy Dalton actually wins games and makes things spicy throughout the season (Jerry loves spicy.)

But will Dak hold-out? Per Mike Florio, the likelihood of Prescott holding out is "high."

texbumthelife

Reaction score
We understand that our best way to a Super Bowl is through Dak. Don't believe the threads that say that, they're from misinformed posters. It's really that simple.

Here are some facts for you:
Dak is currently taking up more CAP space as a % of CAP under the franchise tag right now than he ever would under a long-term deal
The team already before Dak's CAP relief has plenty of CAP space to make whatever moves they would like. They also have the ability to make easy roster cuts such as Chris Jones, Crawford, Thompson, Fortbath, etc to create more CAP.

So if we have all these things, why by most people's standards do we have a top 5-8 roster in the league?

Well, firstly, we still have a stacked roster because Dak literally just came off his rookie deal. However, my comment was in response to people suggesting $40M+/yr for Dak, not his current number, which would likely make his cap hit more than it is now. You'll also have to excuse me if I have been around too long to subscribe to the, "It will be different for us" theory in regards to committing that much cap to a QB and winning the Superbowl. That's a little too reminiscent of people who are in abusive relationships and keep telling themselves "it'll be better this time" when history screams the opposite. Sure, the Cowboys could be the outlier, the exception to the rule, but would you wager the future of the franchise on that assumption? I wouldn't. I am not suggesting Dak doesn't deserve to get paid and that someone won't pay him, but if the statistics for committing that much of your cap to a QB are true, then I sincerely believe that money is better spent spread out among other impact positions.