FEATURED Be a Cowboys fan (within the rules) the way you want

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When did it become a requirement to ALWAYS believe the team can win in order to be a fan?
Never. You’ve made the choice to be a hater. According to the rules, that’s your choice and you’re entitled to it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And also for the real truth. The homers are worse "haters" than the so called haters.

Why?

Because the so called haters hate how the football operations are mismanaged (we have nearly 3 straight decades of stark proof of this).

The "homers" hate people who point this out.

We hate incompetence that is holding the Cowboys back for decades.

Homers hate us.

Now, you tell me who the haters really are.
The haters are far, far worse than the homers. I mean duh, all they do is hate? Hello?!?!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My personal belief is this site needs to ban both of those words. The history of The Zone, back in the day when the temperaments were just as robust, there were distinct words which were banned from use. The Troll and Hater labels fly from both sides.

How can removing these inflammatory remarks not fit what was once used to ease the tension, and limit the immediacy of the insult when using them in these broad brush ways?
It describes some posters perfectly. You want to ban more words? How about “hope” or ”optimistic”?

starfan1

Reaction score
The haters are far, far worse than the homers. I mean duh, all they do is hate? Hello?!?!
I would agree they are far worse but its obvious that its going to be something that's acceptable.There are about 3 posters here I absolutely cant stand most of the rest I'm ok with it so I just scroll by them as frequent as I can only occasionally do i engage.. That approach has worked for me Rocky and i think its a better approach than always butting heads with them. I am usually on your side of the debate as I'm a pretty positive guy in terms of the team and I think Dak gets more criticism than he deserves.

You are not going to change any of them but you do you.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
My personal belief is this site needs to ban both of those words. The history of The Zone, back in the day when the temperaments were just as robust, there were distinct words which were banned from use. The Troll and Hater labels fly from both sides.

How can removing these inflammatory remarks not fit what was once used to ease the tension, and limit the immediacy of the insult when using them in these broad brush ways?
It would not be so bad if the words were used correctly, when justified. But some posters use them without regard to appropriateness but rather to try & label those who question them or push back. In my opinion, those posters should be warned, then banned if they repeat. Words aren't bad, people are.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would not be so bad if the words were used correctly, when justified. But some posters use them without regard to appropriateness but rather to try & label those who question them or push back. In my opinion, those posters should be warned, then banned if they repeat. Words aren't bad, people are.
I just want to talk football and not have to sift through the acrimony. Maybe a board that allows all the rhetoric and vitriol, and this one stays on point of talking about the sport without kvetching.

I wish I had the facial tissue concessions to mop up the tears. I could retire.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see it this way:

I want to express whatever opinion I have about this team. And no matter how negative others see it, it's my opinion. So I'll enjoy a good back and forth with any other Cowboys fan and can totally accept his/her fandom.

But when someone tells me, I'm not a real fan or should go look for another team I will not let that stand. And we have at least three of these jokers here on the boards. And these three can go **** themselves.
uh-huh

Brax

Reaction score
To a certain degree, I respectfully disagree, BH. You believe the great Coaches Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson would be okay with constant berating of their teams, coaches and players? I highly doubt it. Pretty sure they would tell those certain fans to go seek their happiness elsewhere or to come give it a try themselves if they thought they could do better.
I guess you weren’t around for the Landry year’s, he was pummeled at times by the media and fans. He understood the criticism and expectations of fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess you weren’t around for the Landry year’s, he was pummeled at times by the media and fans. He understood the criticism and expectations of fans.
They just didn’t care. They played and coached for themselves. They know most Cowboy fans are a wreck.

Brax

Reaction score
Coming here every day 24x7x365 and crapping on a player or a coach or ownership is not being a good fan. There’s fans here who do nothing but that. You know who they are. Don’t try and tell me thats ok. It isn’t.
Being a brain washed fan is so much better, what a forum this would be if everyone had the same opinion as you, Funny when you call players jags terrible it’s the truth, you’re a censoring kind of guy. Heck after the GB debacle everyone should have posted how great a season it was and every team has a bad game, you can’t win them all, Dak balled out, MM is brilliant, DQ did what he could, don’t worry Jerry will fix everything like he does every season. Wow just the kind of forum everyone would want to be a part of. Just have to laugh at the idiotic thinking of some.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah but to either how can someone say what a hater or troll is? It’s a subjective opinion to begin with. And where does it end when we start banning words because we don’t like them?

Brax

Reaction score
I literally watched you guys go back and forth with each other and you asked him how old he was to insinuate he’s a child. You can’t keep trying to dissect the problem while ignoring your contributions.
Pot meet kettle

Brax

Reaction score
The record of the current Cowboys is just like Landry's Cowboys of the late 60's.
Really did you see all those seasons or are you just looking at stats. This is nothing like the late 60s and by the way just to let you know the. The late 60s didn’t last 28 seasons

Brax

Reaction score
Dandy Don was the qb in 1969. Morton was the starter in 1970. Fans were saying that Landry can't win the big one.
Landry replaced a QB that played in 2 championships but couldn’t get it done, he replaced a QB that played in the SB but couldn’t get it done. See a trend there