Twitter: Bears open to trading QB Nick Foles

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Tell me who we might get that is better?

Dude, the guy has a ring and earned it. Show me a backup we could get that would be as good.

Dude, he barely played after ‘getting’ the ring and can’t even beat out Trubisky, Dalton, or a raw rookie Fields. And he is injury prone.

I am ok rolling with Rush and/or Gilbert at backup QB. I am not in panic mode. None of us have seen Rush, Gilbert, or DiNucci with all the starters. What you saw from the QBs in preseason from the plays called and the lack of game planning is not anything close to what one would see in a real game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think they will trade for a backup
Menshew would have been the best trade option since he was under contract cheap
If they were wanting to trade for one that should have been the one

Agreed. I think they’ll legitimately wait for Foles to be cut. Whether or not that’s what happens.

Anyone else remember when they passed on him before?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't know when they played him in the last game but he went 10-13 for 142 with 2 TD's. They must have opened it up for him to try to get some interest.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty sure every team knew he was available....... honestly I'm not sure we will consider him even if/after he's cut. Remember the only reason we sign Dalton last year coz he and his wife wanted to come home. In other words, Dalton reached out to us about joining the team, not the other way around.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but if Jerry and Stephen wanted Foles that bad, I think he would be here already. Truth is they are not proactive in that sense.....they are just not. I see them riding Coop or Gilbert unless circumstances ( Dak missing a few games) force them to upgrade. Refresh your memories on how they handled Tony Romo's 2015 injury trusting Weeden and trading for Cassel.

Cumart21

Reaction score
Foles would be a slight upgrade in every category, even now. Depending on the price, I'm in.

75boyz

Reaction score
Just like Minshew, he would be a huge improvement over Rush, Gilbert and Nooch.

Cowboys should strongly consider him imo.

Nav22

Reaction score
Not Likely gonna happen. Foles is dangerously close to being mediocre at this point of his career and the FO won’t consider this a viable option at the backup quarterback position.

With the current regime they like players like Brandon Weeden, Tony Banks, Ryan Leaf, Anthony Wright and many other blue chippers in the back up stable of glue horses......makes them feel better about the 160 Million dollar investment.

The troof hurt, don’t it momma?
Dak runs your life. He owns you.

But you’re a lowly peasant to Dak. Feels good, doesn’t it?
:lmao2:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If it were up to me, I would cut all 3 of our backups and trade a conditional pick for Foles

Carson

Reaction score
Just like Minshew, he would be a huge improvement over Rush, Gilbert and Nooch.

Cowboys should strongly consider him imo.
I think his contact is pretty steep. Not sure the ramifications if he was traded here

lk8701

Reaction score

I wish the Cowboys didn't sign Dalton last year. He just decreased the value of the Cowboys pick. Imagine if the Cowboys had the 3rd pick and received the same haul from the niners to move down. The Boys likely still would have ended up with Parsons. The 49ers shipped the No. 12 pick, their third-round pick in 2021, and their first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 to Miami for the No. 3 selection.

terra

Reaction score
Dude, he barely played after ‘getting’ the ring and can’t even beat out Trubisky, Dalton, or a raw rookie Fields. And he is injury prone.

I am ok rolling with Rush and/or Gilbert at backup QB. I am not in panic mode. None of us have seen Rush, Gilbert, or DiNucci with all the starters. What you saw from the QBs in preseason from the plays called and the lack of game planning is not anything close to what one would see in a real game.
What you saw was clearly through rose colored glasses. The guy is for backup so your injury bleat is a joke.
Bottom line is you have nothing at all

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I've said all along, if the Cowboys are seriously looking into fortifying their backup QB slot, Foles is their guy. Experience, plus he is better than any other backup we have now. He knows how to be a backup and prepare for games so being thrown in will not be new to him. We all know Dak is not going to be able to play every snap of every game regardless if he gets injured or not. Go get him Jed.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Guy goes from having a four year $88 million/$50 guaranteed contract in 2019 with the Jags, loses the job the Gardiner Minshew, goes to the Bears for a compensatory 4th, to possibly cut in 2021?
And the Bears be like:

Nick Foles has always been available on the trade block. A deal, allegedly, was in place with Philly months ago. Until Nick Foles called and said, “no thanks.” So basically the Bears have been trying to move a QB who acts like they have a no-trade clause. The Bears won't trade him to a team were he doesn't want to go.

The guy has lost more jobs than most of have ever had!

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/list...-nick-foles-trade-talks-destination-reaction/