Twitter: Bears open to trading QB Nick Foles

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guy goes from having a four year $88 million/$50 guaranteed contract in 2019 with the Jags, loses the job the Gardiner Minshew, goes to the Bears for a compensatory 4th, to possibly cut in 2021?
And the Bears be like:

Nick Foles has always been available on the trade block. A deal, allegedly, was in place with Philly months ago. Until Nick Foles called and said, “no thanks.” So basically the Bears have been trying to move a QB who acts like they have a no-trade clause. The Bears won't trade him to a team were he doesn't want to go.

The guy has lost more jobs than most of have ever had!

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/list...-nick-foles-trade-talks-destination-reaction/

He's had a very odd career. Unless he's been in Philly he sucks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think to be honest the jones boys do not want foles as he is too good , and could cause fans to holler for him to
replace dak, if dak struggles.
They dont want anyone who could challenge dak in any way.
Minshew was in that category too, so probably why they didnt even try to get him.'
They prefer to have nobodys as the bkups, that way they dont have to deal with any fans wanting qb change.

Also the media. just imagine if they got foles, and dak had several bad games and maybe the arm is hurting again.
The media would be saying when will the cowboys make the move to foles, is foles the best way to salvage season etc etc.

I like foles, and would like to see him as the bkup, but I dont think jones boys would even consider it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, in Philly he made himself into a Super Bowl hero forever and simultaneously **** all over Carson Wentz’s career, permanently.
:thumbup:

usa_today_10588774.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm suspicious the Cowboys may decide to keep both Gilbert and Rush.:grin:
They'll alternate using them -- neither has two good games in a row. :muttley:

Last edited:

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
Please sign or trade for him. It’s damn embarrassing cooper rush is still our back up again.

the eagles have the right mentality this year with 3 qbs who can play. With all the Covid out breaks you are going to need some real depth when they start forcing guys to quarantine again

Rayman70

Reaction score
Most valued Sports Franchise in the world and we can't find a decent back up QB.....or maybe they dont value that. Embarrassing.

MikeB80

Reaction score
He's had a very odd career. Unless he's been in Philly he sucks.

this is the funny part of all this foles stuff. He stinks and has proven time and time again he needs to be replaced.

he is like this era’s Jeff George with two weeks of good games in the playoffs.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Most valued Sports Franchise in the world and we can't find a decent back up QB.....or maybe they dont value that. Embarrassing.

jerry would do anything to win.

except run efficient drafts, sign good players in free agency and keep team information private.

marketing is 365/24/7

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think to be honest the jones boys do not want foles as he is too good , and could cause fans to holler for him to
Minshew was in that category too, so probably why they didnt even try to get him.'
They prefer to have nobodys as the bkups, that way they dont have to deal with any fans wanting qb change.

Also the media. just imagine if they got foles, and dak had several bad games and maybe the arm is hurting again.
The media would be saying when will the cowboys make the move to foles, is foles the best way to salvage season etc etc.

I like foles, and would like to see him as the bkup, but I dont think jones boys would even consider it.

They might even consider it, but would decline when they learn what Foles wants to get a contract! :grin:

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score

and yet the rest of the nfceast cant find starting qb let alone a backup? the league has shortage of starters that means weak limited backup options , so whats your point outside of an emotional outburst backed by nothing but narratives mostly not true..they tried with Dalton id take him again with healthy team.

i ironic most of this place was upset when Daltons started the last 5 games and wanted tank job with nooch starting lol now they complain we dont have good enough backup..

I lie foles but the gap between him and gilbert isn't really much , outside of Philly Foles was gilbert..not sure why he played so well in philly both stops but everywhere else not so great go check then stats..i get why we covet a backup but they are in very short supply..the fall off between most top 15 starters and the 2 is huge..the reason some backups look better with the bottom 16 is those 16 starters aren't much better, why once again the league has shortage of good starters..thats a fact..so what does that mean for backups,..,

ill let you chew on that..its easy to see why teams struggle to get backup when they cant find good starters..

blueblood70

Reaction score

thats just stupid,

sorry but that not it and not seven close

bTW if you think those guys could challenge dak, you need to be checked for some serious brain damage,, philly has that kid 3rd on the depth chart LMAo hes cut sitting behind two other with the jags but now he can challenge a top 10 starter whos already proven he belongs in the top 10.

these are ignorant sports idiot type comments , you don't like dak, fine but to say the DC of would be scared to bring in quality backups to not challenge dak and that any of these players mentioned could actually challenge dak is ignorant statements with zero merit..

all 3rd behind other qbs and being traded and sitting tells you all i need to know because many teams needs starters and these guys are 3rd on the depth chart let that sink in..smh

dak may not be perfect or elite but hes dam good and deserves a littlie more respect. Top 10 qb in this league is something regardless of what a hater clownfan think's..

lastly the FO has no need whatsoever to bring in backups that could challenge for starting spot, that ridiculous, why would they, we have our starter?? ther would be ZERO qb controversy outside few hater fans..