Beatles vs Stones

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The Doors were one of those bands I always wanted to like more than I did. I have to admit, Zeppelin was kind of the same way for me. I knew they were cool and I like a lot of their songs but I could never get totally into them. Like I said in a previous post, no one is really wrong when it comes to music unless you like Bieber or something. Then you are dead to me.
Listen to Led Zeppelin's live show at Earls Court. Here's a sample and you can find more on youtube etc.

I think thats some wicked ecoustic. Enjoy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious what you feel when you listen to the Beatles, or is it more about memories/history? I was never able to understand why people love the Beatles and i'm trying to fiqure that all out :laugh:

Combination of the history and the high-quality (IMO) of the music they put out (not too mention the variety of songs). I'm a big fan of the early rock & roll from Elvis up through Do-Wop. And while I did not grow up during the early Beatles era I can fully appreciate how "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and a "Hard Days Night" changed music virtually overnight. I mean they had the top selling single in the US for like what 4 straight months?

Incredible.

As @CouchCoach has pointed out the song writing duo of Paul and Lennon were amazing... Best ever IMO.

The Stones are great... Some powerful songs. Just not enough of them to overtake the Beatles IMO.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The Doors were one of those bands I always wanted to like more than I did. I have to admit, Zeppelin was kind of the same way for me. I knew they were cool and I like a lot of their songs but I could never get totally into them. Like I said in a previous post, no one is really wrong when it comes to music unless you like Bieber or something. Then you are dead to me.

I like Jim's fearlessness when he attacks the microphone on stage. Same reason I love Janes Addiction with Perry Farrell. No fear.

Perry singing Mr Mojo Risin backstage.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Listen to Led Zeppelin's live show at Earls Court. Here's a sample and you can find more on youtube etc.

I think thats some wicked ecoustic. Enjoy.

Don't get me wrong. I think Led Zeppelin is awesome. I just couldn't listen to all of their full albums like some of my friends could. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan but it's the same thing. Have you ever listened to side 2 of Echoes before? Holy crap do I need some more drugs...

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Combination of the history and the high-quality (IMO) of the music they put out (not too mention the variety of songs). I'm a big fan of the early rock & roll from Elvis up through Do-Wop. And while I did not grow up during the early Beatles era I can fully appreciate how "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and a "Hard Days Night" changed music virtually overnight. I mean they had the top selling single in the US for like what 4 straight months?

Incredible.

As @CouchCoach has pointed out the song writing duo of Paul and Lennon were amazing... Best ever IMO.

The Stones are great... Some powerful songs. Just not enough of them to overtake the Beatles IMO.
I will admit that their music does sound very clear & smooth.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I think Led Zeppelin is awesome. I just couldn't listen to all of their full albums like some of my friends could. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan but it's the same thing. Have you ever listened to side 2 of Echoes before? Holy crap do I need some more drugs...
I saw floyd in concert albeit i wasn't all there, :laugh:, i did enjoy it very much, and still enjoy floyd's music to this very day. That Earls Court i mentioned is worth a listen as well, when you get some time to spare i'd check out a few tunes.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I saw floyd in concert albeit i wasn't all there, :laugh:, i did enjoy it very much, and still enjoy floyd's music to this very day. That Earls Court i mentioned is worth a listen as well, when you get some time to spare i'd check out a few tunes.
I wish I had got to see them in their prime. I didn't get to see them until the 80's so there was no Roger Waters. They were still great but it's not the same. I will check out your link. Thanks, Brother.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't think it's really "movement music". Initially yeah,

But then they got more into story-telling.
When The Stones tried to match The Beatles Sgt Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band, The Stones did end up looking very silly with Their Satanic Majesties Request album, i do think there are 3 or 4 good songs on that Stones album but it just can't compare.