Beatles vs Stones

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Just heard Metallica's cover of Queen's Stone Cold Crazy for the first time. I like it a lot! (Sorry, but you mentioned the cover song, and it made me think of this.)
I never really liked Queen, but that show Bad Omens got me alittle more into them.
good_omens-h_2018.jpg

That demon dude with the red hair reminds me of myself alittle bit and he also drinks single malt. :lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok so most know i am a Stones fan, on a side note i will add that i never really enjoyed The Beatles music, i think some of it is ok, but it rarley ever makes me feel anything like wow or excitement or anything really. I know The Beatles were first and they had many hit records in a very short time and they could be considered to never really have had any bad or terrible records. I understand all that.

What i want to know is what is it to you that makes The Beatles so good? What does their music make you feel like and why do you consider them to be very good/great/the best ever.

I'm not really trying to compare bands, maybe i should have picked a better title for this thread, i also want to know why so many people see them as untouchable and beyond comparison.

Something that can't be answered now is, how will these two bands be matched up aganist each other 100 years from now. Most people who grew up with these bands will probably have bias myself included, but i think down the road that bias will be gone and how will those peoples judge these two bands.

I wish i enjoyed The Beatles music more than i do, but everytime i try to listen to it i feel almost nothing and quickly find myself getting bored.

I made this thread for information purposes for myself and anyone who might find it useful, most times when this topic is brought up in RL quickly emotions are brought into it and the whole discussion spirals downward.

I really want to enjoy The beatles music more than i do, maybe some opinions/facts/info will help me do that.

I'm all ear's or should i say eyes. :)

Here's alittle something both bands did together or atleast i think they did.

I’m a Stones fan as well. My favorite song being “Shattered”. I was on a booze cruise out of Honolulu and was getting stoned with the band during their break. Asked them if they could play Shattered. They played if for their entire next 20 minute set. The boat was rocking. It was awesome. That was when I was a lot younger.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I’m a Stones fan as well. My favorite song being “Shattered”. I was on a booze cruise out of Honolulu and was getting stoned with the band during their break. Asked them if they could play Shattered. They played if for their entire next 20 minute set. The boat was rocking. It was awesome. That was when I was a lot younger.
Stones are getting super old, i think when Mick Jagger dies the whole world might shutdown for 2 or 3 days, Iran and North Korea included. :omg:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We've got music blaring from another source at the moment or I would listen. I'm old, but I miss the times of cranking your tower speakers through your amp (and pre-amp.) on one source. Right now, I'm confused by what is playing out of the Bluetooth. Two girls are home from college. Damn...
The days of Marantz amps, etc. When a stereo system was a centerpiece.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Teach those youngins some history, :) :yourock::oldcouple::thumbup:
What's cool is I catch them singing along to our songs sometimes. They act like they hate it but I know otherwise. It's gonna be passed along like all good music is. They're 22 and 20 so they just can't admit it yet. I remember being that age and thinking that way but I'm playing my Dad's songs at this point.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Rock and Roll at it’s finest. Nothing against the Beatles, they were revolutionary but the Stones were the Stones.
Rockport the problem is that the Cowboyzone main forum is a lot of bickering/arguing over nothing most of the time and after awhile it can grow on any person myself included. Sometimes we all need to step away from that and breath. I never had anything aganist you, i just wanted to point out that any of us can get carried away at any moment if we are not careful and it can carry on for long periods of time if gone unchecked. I am hoping we can win a SB very soon and that will cure alot of our football pains. I look forward to lots of interesting conversation with you and anyone else who wants to engage in that. :star: :thumbup:

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Back to The Doors for a minute, i remember when my older brother took me to see the movie and ever since whenever i listened to The Doors i always enjoyed this song.