Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Curious to see what kind of penalty they receive. The NFL is really weird about some of the penalties they levy for some offenses. I know the rules state $25k, but if the NFL was prepared to kick Marshawn Lynch out of the game for gold cleats, the Patriots fine has to be more substantial than a monetary fine.

I agree. I don't know I think at the least it should be a fine and a draft choice. If I had my way it would be a fine that would count against the cap and a lose of 1st rd pick.

khiladi

Reaction score
Of course, the Patriots were going to run the ball. They had another nondescript running back that put 200 yards on the Colts during the regular season. Was that the result of a deflated ball too?

Well actually:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deflat...d-november-inflated-england/story?id=28365105

Spin it anyway you want it. They cheated and they had their reasons. Among them, they probably didn't want to risk fumbling the ball in rainy weather, unless you think the two situations have to be mutually exclusive.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
It may have been to much but people are tired of the Pats getting a slap on the wrist. Enough if enough the league needs to come down and hard, this is cheating no matter how people want to spin this.

We are just gonna differ on this. I am much more concerned with the mockery the league makes of the game through the crap *** officiating and asinine replay process that they seem to want to expand which determines many more games than a few less psi. It was against the rules sure but I just see the league and its' officials as a bigger threat to the competitive balance.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Whatever happened the NFL has to get control of it.

The last three weeks have been focused on bad calls and cheating, not football.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Character is not a hallmark of Bill Belichick. It never has been. He walked out on the Jets after accepting a $1 million bonus to take over for Parcells when Leon Hess was still alive, but reneged after Hess died, and didn't return the money. He was sued by a man in New Jersey for Belichick breaking up his marriage (Belichick had an affair with the man's wife). The obvious cheating issues, or skirting of the rules, seen in the NFL.

I posted this in another thread, but the late George Young, who worked with Belichick with the Giants, said that Bill Belichick was absolutely the worst human being that he had ever encountered in the NFL.

The funny thing is, Belichick is a master strategist, and a very intelligent man. He is a great coach by all accounts. But, for some reason, he has this insatiable need to bend or outright break rules that ultimately matter little to helping his team win. I seriously think that there is a degree of insanity to him.

Often happens that propel gifted in one area are despicable in others. Politicians come to mind.. Their gift is
Not trying to be sarcastic but wouldn't this situation have helped both teams? Or do they provide their own ball?
Haha...

Finger pointing....

"I DID NOT...... DEFLATE ANY FOOTBALLS......... DURING THAT GAME"!!

(Same amount of words) lol

Good one :):)

tideh20heel

Reaction score
It comes down to whether or not the Pats can stop their running game. I think the seachickens have the horses to cover Gronkowski.

If the league didn't even talk to the qb then the clowns in ny are a bigger joke than I thought. The one constant in every recent scandal the league has gone through is that they have been poorly handled by the commissioner

khiladi

Reaction score
It's simply a big deal if this comes on BB, because he cheated AGAIN. It shows he openly flaunts the rules even on the most 'trivial' matters. What is to say he isn't doing it again on bigger matters. This isn't simply about Deflating balls as homers like to argue, this questions the very integrity of the Patriots for years. He essentially HAD to lie in the PC if he was involved.

It also shows that it happens on an organizational level if Brady is lying, which he most probably is.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
I wonder if they are talking to the Ravens as well, you can argue that it wouldn't have made a difference against the Colts, but the Ravens are a different matter. Also, it would indicate a pattern of cheating, which is more damning.

If the Ravens suspected something they should have alerted the league. The league should have then made damn sure the balls were legal.

khiladi

Reaction score
Tom Brady just a week before Deflate gate in regards to the Ravens and the ineligible lineman:

Maybe those guys gotta study the rulebook and figure it out. We obviously knew what we were doing and we made some pretty important plays. It was a real good weapon for us.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
And there is the biggest issue of all. What else have they done and gotten away with and what else will they do next?

I for one am excited to see what they can come up with. Bill would have been s great 1970's nascar crew chief

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The NFL needs one of those Willie Wonka machines that weighed the golden eggs. THAT WAS A BAD EGG.

THAT WAS A BAD BALL! :p

links18

Reaction score
Brady was clearly under pressure up there. He was struggling at times. It didn't sound rehearsed to me, more like he isn't used to the heat. He is used to the media worshipping him all the time. I don't know if he is guilty, but he clearly didn't help himself there.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
I knew it was published they suspected it. Did they complain to the league is my question? If the league was alerted and the football inspection was not rigorous than the league bear some responsibility for allowing non compliant footballs to be used in the league championship.