Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

dogberry

Reaction score
Were the Seahawks punished for fixing the ball against the Cowboys?

What will the NFL do to Brad Johnson for paying to adjust the game balls in the Super Bowl?

Is there a sliding scale of penalties for psi readings that fall outside of compliance with league norm? Is there an explicit punishment for balls in violation of the rule? Is this a loophole the Patriots discovered, and the league will have to decide if it wants to close?

Is there a material difference in a team specific football in the NFL and a game specific ball in baseball, soccer, and basketball?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Fran Tarkenton who said he loves Brady just stated he doesn't even buy his story..Brady knows exactly what goes on with the balls he uses..

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Something will get done in the way of a punishment regarding the Patsies. If not, the NFL will never live it down. Something will come down in the result of a punishment. Hopefully more than a slap on the hand.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I wonder if they are talking to the Ravens as well, you can argue that it wouldn't have made a difference against the Colts, but the Ravens are a different matter. Also, it would indicate a pattern of cheating, which is more damning.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

B7_IwNSIEAEUDI7.jpg

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I consider BB and Tom Brady the biggest frauds in NFL history. This is just the tip of the iceberg and I hope the NFL gets hammered because of it, especially Goodell.

What's your definition of a fraud? Are you saying Brady really isn't one of the top QB's in NFL history? Are you saying BB just paces on the sidelines while "deepthroat" coaches?

khiladi

Reaction score
What's your definition of a fraud? Are you saying Brady really isn't one of the top QB's in NFL history? Are you saying BB just paces on the sidelines while "deepthroat" coaches?

I say when your getting fed signals and plays after the 15 second cut-off period through your helmet, your very well one of the biggest cheaters in NFL history...

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
LOL at Rich Eisen. "I wouldn't notice a difference in a PSI drop". Uh yeah Richie, you're not an NFL QB

What an NFL shill

He would if he had NFL quarterback hands. And you're right, it's not in his best interest to attack the Patriots on this.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Something will get done in the way of a punishment regarding the Patsies. If not, the NFL will never live it down. Something will come down in the result of a punishment. Hopefully more than a slap on the hand.

wanna bet? they DESTROYED the spygate tapes.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Here is a nugget…..they were blown away by the Chiefs and all of a sudden they go on a 9-win streak…hmmmmm wonder what changed? or how long this been going on?

:cool:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And again, the Patriots RAN the ball over 40 times that game, Blount rushing 30 times for over 160+ yards. The Patriots were running the ball the whole first half. The Colts had previously shut down the Broncos passing attack.

It doesn't take a genius to understand the Patriots had a game plan where they wanted to attack the Colts via their rushing attack. Deflating balls allows them better grip in rainy conditions and would obviously assist in preventing fumbles. I hardly doubt this was just related to Brady. It was done by the Patriots to protect the ball.

Of course, the Patriots were going to run the ball. They had another nondescript running back that put 200 yards on the Colts during the regular season. Was that the result of a deflated ball too?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They still cheated and they took measures to protect the ball to prevent certain issues from happening that could cost them in the end. So we should forgive them because they didn't happen to fumble much?

If it's against the rules, it's against the rules. However, that's different than saying they gain some sort of advantage. If they did, it was minimal, and this is what most of the players and coaches I've heard speak on the issue have said.