Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Brady was clearly under pressure up there. He was struggling at times. It didn't sound rehearsed to me, more like he isn't used to the heat. He is used to the media worshipping him all the time. I don't know if he is guilty, but he clearly didn't help himself there.

Dumb to have that presser today! He really looks guilty now.

khiladi

Reaction score
I knew it was published they suspected it. Did they complain to the league is my question? If the league was alerted and the football inspection was not rigorous than the league bear some responsibility for allowing non compliant footballs to be used in the league championship.

It's not even rigorous now, per Brady they haven't even asked him. An NFL 'source' claims he is not familiar with the Ravens filing a formal complaint, but they also said they didn't see the tapes of Ray Rice and what he did.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Brady was clearly under pressure up there. He was struggling at times. It didn't sound rehearsed to me, more like he isn't used to the heat. He is used to the media worshipping him all the time. I don't know if he is guilty, but he clearly didn't help himself there.

Media lapped it up.

But that is what lapdogs do

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If the league didn't even talk to the qb then the clowns in ny are a bigger joke than I thought. The one constant in every recent scandal the league has gone through is that they have been poorly handled by the commissioner

That's a good point. With the NFL's current leadership, I don't see this investigation being handled properly either.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's simply a big deal if this comes on BB, because he cheated AGAIN. It shows he openly flaunts the rules even on the most 'trivial' matters. What is to say he isn't doing it again on bigger matters. This isn't simply about Deflating balls as homers like to argue, this questions the very integrity of the Patriots for years. He essentially HAD to lie in the PC if he was involved.

It also shows that it happens on an organizational level if Brady is lying, which he most probably is.

Lie small, Lie all

They are geniuses when it comes to finding loopholes in the rulebook about formations and eligible receivers, but now we are supposed to believe they don't know the rules about the footballs and the equipment managers just took it upon themselves to deflate all the balls...not buying it

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
at the end of the day, brady will take the fall. he touches the ball every play and as a QB, knew full well it was deflated. he would know when it isnt at the pressure he likes to throw it at and be the first to complain.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
It's not even rigorous now, per Brady they haven't even asked him. An NFL 'source' claims he is not familiar with the Ravens filing a formal complaint, but they also said they didn't see the tapes of Ray Rice and what he did.

Yeah that's my point. The league bears some responsibility as usual.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
There's zero reason to believe anything coming from Belicheat's pie hole. This same scumbag was boinking a married woman, instigated spy gate, tampered with the opposition communications, and now the deflated balls. Maya Angelou said, "when a person shows you who they are, believe them".

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sorry, but I aint buying this for one second that Brady didn't notice 15% of the air being missing from the football.

Basketball players can tell if the rim is off by a couple of inches after 2 free throws.
Baseball players can tell if the bat they are using is off by just a couple of ounces

But the great Tom Brady cannot tell if a football loses 15% of its air mass?...................................yea, right.................and if you actually believe this I got some ocean front property here in Austin to sell you guys.;)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Sorry, but I aint buying this for one second that Brady didn't notice 15% of the air being missing from the football.

Mark Brunell said the same thing. He said every starting quarterback picks and approves every game ball for his team, knows exactly what PSI he likes the football to be at and definitely would notice if it was even a little bit less inflated than he prefers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Mark Brunell said the same thing. He said every starting quarterback picks and approves every game ball for his team, knows exactly what PSI he likes the football to be at and definitely would notice if it was even a little bit less inflated than he prefers.

Exactly..............even you and me could tell if a football lost 15% of its air...................of course Brady noticed it because he knew about it and now is trying to act all dumb with his "well I just throw what the refs give me".

Please, don't insult everybody's intelligence with by saying crap like that Brady.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Basketball players can tell if the rim is off by a couple of inches after 2 free throws.
Baseball players can tell if the bat they are using is off by just a couple of ounces

But the great Tom Brady cannot tell if a football loses 15% of its air mass?...................................yea, right.................and if you actually believe this I got some ocean front property here in Austin to sell you guys.;)

He even admitted he liked it at exactly 12.5 psi and then acted like he never even heard the term before. He just felt the laces and leather and the tackiness, but not the grip or the squeeze. C'mon Man!!!

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

I think a good comparison would be a professional poker player. They can tell if a single card is missing from a deck of 52. 15% less air, to me, would be even easier to detect for an NFL QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He even admitted he liked it at exactly 12.5 psi and then acted like he never even heard the term before. He just felt the laces and leather and the tackiness, but not the grip or the squeeze. C'mon Man!!!

Yea, he was contradicting himself several times during that presser...................like others are saying, he looked guilty as hell up there

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, because they lied that they didn't do it and Brady was laughing originally now Bellichek is throwing it on Brady... Isn't the NFL telling us every QB does it now anyways? So it's OK to deny it and then say every QB does it when proven somebody did it, but saying they cheated is slander...

There can be no doubt that something is afoot. The Pat's balls were deflated out of acceptable standard and someone should be penalized for it. But let's blame the right party for the irregularity. Should the Pats as an organization be faulted if the infraction came from the misguided actions of one or two individuals?

I think Bellichek really had nothing to do with it so I do not consider this a practice instituted by the organization and therefore the list of suspects can be narrowed to scant number of individuals. Tom Brady would be at the top of that list despite his words that indicate otherwise.

I doubt the Pat's designated ball handlers would do anything to alter their game balls without Tom Brady's approval to do so. I'd be curious to hear what these individuals have to say about it. Are they so loyal to Brady that they are willing to remain silent as the ship is sinking. I think if the proper pressure is applied, the rats will jump ship. Just my humble opinion.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yea, he was contradicting himself several times during that presser...................like others are saying, he looked guilty as hell up there

Like an equipment manager would take it upon himself to mess with the balls. Brady like it a certain way and the ball boys give him what he wants. They just got caught because the Ravens and Colts are tired of getting scammed by NE.

It's like speeding. Everyone might do it, but if you caught you gotta pay the fine and take the points.