Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know what all the hate is on the PAT's Best Org last 10-12 years Best coach best QB. Why hate them? Their system is fantastic in a league built to have parity theres no stopping them. Loss of assistant no worries. Loss of players no Worries, Little Bill just showed that big Bill couldn't do it without him. Not the other way around don't want to hear about Bill having a great QB in Brady and Big Bill not having one.He was picked in the 7th round. Not that I love the Pats but give them their credit.

All those things I do respect and there is no hate but there is also no reason to violate the rules. Pats are good no reason to do it. For me this has nothing to do with hate, it has everything to do with cheating the rules of the game and the game itself. To blow it off in my view is to say the Pats are above any rules the NFL has and they are not.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I just don't see the weapons in Seattle that will allow them to put up big numbers on the Pats D.

Lynch and Wilson. Remember that a team that didn't have a TD from their WR all year dropped 41 points on Cheat and co. I suspect the balls will be under lock and key and Brady and Cheat will not get the opportunity to cheat (of course they most likely do other things).

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Either way the beauty of this if your a Pats fan is that Belichick is smart enough to use this fiasco as another "Us against the world" mentality for his team motivation. Since they whipped the Colts, he probably needs to find a chip to lay on his team's shoulder and he's going to play the victim in this to motivate his team with these accusations. He's going to take the bullets on camera and his team will attempt to respond on the field to eliminate the accusations. Just watch what the team says after the SB if they win.
It plays perfect into Belichick's process to keep his team on edge and perfect material to use in the before game speech.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
He actually appears worried about this. Probably feels he cannot be found guilty again.

I wouldn't think do. They can never prove "HE" did it. He is Teflon on this one.

Maybe he suspects Brady and is worried about the repercussions.

Maybe but Brady could have done this on his own. Protecting Bill.

I don't know what all the hate is on the PAT's Best Org last 10-12 years Best coach best QB. Why hate them? Their system is fantastic in a league built to have parity theres no stopping them. Loss of assistant no worries. Loss of players no Worries, Little Bill just showed that big Bill couldn't do it without him. Not the other way around don't want to hear about Bill having a great QB in Brady and Big Bill not having one.He was picked in the 7th round. Not that I love the Pats but give them their credit.

Why does it have to be hate? Just don't like what they are doing.

He showed big bill that he could do it without him BY GAINING "competitive advantage". So did be really show big bill or is big bill laughing saying... My 2 Super Bowls aren't tainted... Your 3 are.

So. While I agree with you... Yes give pats credit for always being competitive.... But it's possible that they could have lost 2 of those 3 superbowls,... Then lost to giants 2x.

How does the legacy look then? Very Buffalo Bills-like, yes?

khiladi

Reaction score
Marshall Faulk still doesn't give them credit for their win. He said there is no way possible they could have known certain plays they called unless they taped them illegally, because the Rams just introduced them the week of the SB in practice. He said one could tell how the Patriots defenders were keying in on those plays during the SB via certain signals based upon what the Rams were doing.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
His comments today were 100% lies. He said he didn't know anything about it until Monday morning. Well, it's now Thursday morning and he says he has no explanation. So he wants us to believe that for three full days no one in the organization figured out who did it and talked to him about it. No way in hell he didn't know exactly what happened 30 minutes after he became aware it was a situation and that's being generous because no one can convince me that he didn't know they were going to do it in the first place. They are in cya mode just playing dumb hoping nothing happens to affect the Super Bowl. They all know exactly what happened and that they cheated on purpose. I hope the punishment this time really stings.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
He pretty much threw Brady under the bus. That team is so tainted. Kraft and Belicheat can go to hell knowing they ran the dirtiest organization ever.

Hope Seattle drops a 50-0 butt kicking on them.

I'm sure the talking points have been given to Brady to also weasel through this... Something to the effect of " we don't use one ball all the time, and the weather makes them feel different from one point in the game to another "

Also " No I never deflated a ball"... Bill Clinton special answer.......

khiladi

Reaction score
Kraft has too many ties to the league for this blowing up. It's why Spygate never blew up in the first place. I just love the alleged story Kraft told when he asked BB how much he thinks Spygate affected the outcome of games, with BB saying on a scal a sche of 1 to 10, only 1. Kraft is said to have replied then you are se schmuk.

Yeah, like we are suppose to buy that story. So if Spygate was a 1, what is Deflate-gate or whatever they call it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nothing is going to happen. Kraft is essentially the biggest supporter of Goodell. They've got close ties. Kraft also has ties to CBS, which influences the revenue pool for the owners.

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/roger-goodell-robert-kraft-photo-deflategate/

The NFL revenue sharing model favors every team. The only exception is the Cowboys, which probably explains the bias against them. The Cowboys have exclusive rights to their merchandise and don't share with other teams..

SB victories would dramatically boost Dallas revenue on merchandise at the expense of other teams.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...iness-model-nba-nhl-mlb-comparison-salary-cap

Last edited:

hornitosmonster

Reaction score

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think this is equal to scuffing or altering a baseball by a pitcher.

Which is why Brady should have been tossed out of the game at halftime when it was obvious the pats tampered with the balls. They need a rule now that purposefully tampering with the balls which takes them out of league specs should result in the head coach and starting QB ejected from the game and then the commish can dole out further punishment. I bet it would never happen again.

yimyammer

Reaction score
All those things I do respect and there is no hate but there is also no reason to violate the rules. Pats are good no reason to do it. For me this has nothing to do with hate, it has everything to do with cheating the rules of the game and the game itself. To blow it off in my view is to say the Pats are above any rules the NFL has and they are not.

I think your one of the few out for justice whereas most people just love to tear down a winner and they'd find something regardless of whether the Pats ever did anything.