Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If that was the case Brady would have been kicked out of the game as a pitcher does when they see him using Vaseline tucked in his cap or a file in his back pocket because that is what happen to some pitchers when they got caught doctoring the ball.

I agree. They discovered this during the game and just re inflated the balls and kept going. That would be like an umpire just bringing a towel out and wiping the vasoline of the pitchers neck, giving him a new ball, and yelling "play ball". This is yet another major gaff by the NFL. There should have been something done at halftime to penalize the pats. They had a 10 point lead through cheating and nothing was done.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Which is why Brady should have been tossed out of the game at halftime when it was obvious the pats tampered with the balls. They need a rule now that purposefully tampering with the balls which takes them out of league specs should result in the head coach and starting QB ejected from the game and then the commish can dole out further punishment. I bet it would never happen again.

Agree 100%. They are quick to fine for the "wrong" shoes and socks but allow crap like this

khiladi

Reaction score
I think your one of the few out for justice whereas most people just love to tear down a winner and they'd find something regardless of whether the Pats ever did anything.

They did something, so the latter point is mute. They did Spygate and they did this, and who knows what else they did.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I don't know what all the hate is on the PAT's Best Org last 10-12 years Best coach best QB. Why hate them? Their system is fantastic in a league built to have parity theres no stopping them. Loss of assistant no worries. Loss of players no Worries, Little Bill just showed that big Bill couldn't do it without him. Not the other way around don't want to hear about Bill having a great QB in Brady and Big Bill not having one.He was picked in the 7th round. Not that I love the Pats but give them their credit.

I agree.Then why do all this dumb stuff and risk getting your coach banned for a year and costing yourself draft picks and money? I guess all the SBs are worth it even if they are a little tarnished.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
It's a shame the majority of the team and their fans will be punished for the actions of a few. Of course the NFL has to be harsh here, or all teams will just come out and start cheating and cutting corners knowing that even if they get caught, no real harm will be handed out to them, ruining the integrity of the game.

Belichick passing the buck and not taking responsibility, since it is his team, really shows a lack of character in my opinion. When the going gets tough, you really get to see who the "stand up" characters are. If Brady falls on the sword for Bill, we will know who the real leader is.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I can't wait to read the book!

Surely some sportswriter is working on it as I type this.

Skippy maybe?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The same thing happened with Spygate. These guys were communicating with their QB via wireless frequencies after the 15 second cut-off period. It was a clear indication to Brady what adjustments needed to be made REAL-TIME in the game. It wasn't just taping practices from the sidelines for well over 7 plus years, which was also illegal.

It's no coincidence that when Spectre raised the whole issue, Goodell made a small gesture of implementing random wireless communication checks at games during the 2008 season right after the whole cover-up. Why would they even be talking about wireless frequencies if this wasn't an issue.

These guys are flat-out cheaters.

And liars as well.

They lied throughout the entire process of SpyGate.

And when asked about deflating the footballs they claimed it wasn't true...until they got caught.

YR

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying this is just about Brady? Why don't people admit that this could have been a technique the Patriots were employing to assist gripping the ball in rainy conditions, preventing fumbling and possible TOs?

Sure, just slander whoever you want. There is an on going investigation. You can suspect whatever you want, but voicing unsubstantiated conclusions at this point is risking a lawsuit.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Well, when it gets right down to it, who would know the kind of football Brady likes more than Brady himself?

ETA: I suppose it's possible a receiver wanted softer balls to make them easier to catch, but Brady would have noticed the difference.

Say it ain't so, Tom.

Last edited:

KB1122

Reaction score
And liars as well.

They lied throughout the entire process of SpyGate.

And when asked about deflating the footballs they claimed it wasn't true...until they got caught.

YR

And they're still lying. I just heard Belicheat's statement. He's just asking for it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've heard many a player say that the coach wouldn't know if the ball is deflated. That's a call between the ball boy and the quarterback. Brady would have known. But I don't think Belichick necessarily would have.

khiladi

Reaction score
Sure, just slander whoever you want. There is an on going investigation. You can suspect whatever you want, but voicing unsubstantiated conclusions at this point is risking a lawsuit.

Yeah, because they lied that they didn't do it and Brady was laughing originally now Bellichek is throwing it on Brady... Isn't the NFL telling us every QB does it now anyways? So it's OK to deny it and then say every QB does it when proven somebody did it, but saying they cheated is slander...

khiladi

Reaction score
I've heard many a player say that the coach wouldn't know if the ball is deflated. That's a call between the ball boy and the quarterback. Brady would have known. But I don't think Belichick necessarily would have.

And yet, Bellichek, when one wants to praise his as the greatest coach ever, we got to hear the story about how he is in control of everything, to the detail. That was the story when it came to the ineligible receivers the week prior..

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, why would people assume it's just Brady. Brady isn't the only guy that touches the football. He's played plenty of games via the right circumstances.

The field was raining, it was potentially a game where turnovers could happen for the Patriots. Deflating balls would actually secure the ball during those conditions, because one could hold on to the ball better.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
It's a shame the majority of the team and their fans will be punished for the actions of a few.

Oh, is that how that works, ... I have been told by Penn State supporters that that isn't fair.

We all know that it's a shame, and that it doesn't seem fair, .. but as we see with NE, that is just the way it is.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And yet, Bellichek, when one wants to praise his as the greatest coach ever, we got to hear the story about how he is in control of everything, to the detail. That was the story when it came to the ineligible receivers the week prior..

Who is saying that he is in control of every detail? The media? Belichick?
Second, he may be in control of the details of a game plan, but that doesn't necessarily extend to everything that happens in a football organization. That would imply he controlled what the players listened too and what they ate.

When you read statements that seem exclusive, remember, they're not. Otherwise, Belichick would be God himself, knowing everything about everything. I don't read those statements as being all inclusive. I read them more figuratively.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Who is saying that he is in control of every detail? The media? Belichick?
Second, he may be in control of the details of a game plan, but that doesn't necessarily extend to everything that happens in a football organization. That would imply he controlled what the players listened too and what they ate.

When you read statements that seem exclusive, remember, they're not. Otherwise, Belichick would be God himself, knowing everything about everything. I don't read those statements as being all inclusive. I read them more figuratively.

True but as HC he is responsible for what is taking place on the field during the game.