Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Not a chance because he risks getting suspended. They have a scenario all worked out where some flunkie ball boy or equipment person will eventually take the fall and claim he did it all on his own after hearing Brady or someone else say they wish the ball could be deflated a little in bad weather. They will convince the guy he will be a local hero and may even promise to reassign him to a better job since the league will probably demand he no longer have access to equipment.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Is that guy a name? Why would Brady jump in the grenade? If someone deflated the balls for him it can't be proven. Just say you know nothing about it for the next eight days.

Sure it can. The guy can sing at any time for money or the sideline cameras might very well have picked him up doing it. It may never come out but it certainly could.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Again, why would people assume it's just Brady. Brady isn't the only guy that touches the football. He's played plenty of games via the right circumstances.

The field was raining, it was potentially a game where turnovers could happen for the Patriots. Deflating balls would actually secure the ball during those conditions, because one could hold on to the ball better.

Yes, but no one is touching the footballs without the QBs knowledge and approval. The RBs or WRs are not overruling the QB on how to prepare the football.

khiladi

Reaction score
Who is saying that he is in control of every detail? The media? Belichick?
Second, he may be in control of the details of a game plan, but that doesn't necessarily extend to everything that happens in ea football organization. That would imply he controlled what the players listened too and what they ate.

When you read statements that seem exclusive, remember, they're not. Otherwise, Belichick would be God himself, knowing everything about everything. I don't read those statements as being all inclusive. I read them more figuratively.

He, himself, essentially does, especially as it concerns the nature of the ball.

http://fansided.com/2015/01/22/bill-belichick-blame-tom-brady-deflated-footballs/

In another way, it is a contradiction of the statement he just said. If you’re controlling footballs, how can Brady develop a personal preference, you’re intentionally monitoring the football conditions and intentionally making them as worse as possible.

He went on to say that he never touches game footballs, with the exception of an errant pass. He also denied any knowledge what so ever, but remember, he said you could ask Brady about it.

So much for the coach defending his player.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I've heard many a player say that the coach wouldn't know if the ball is deflated. That's a call between the ball boy and the quarterback. Brady would have known. But I don't think Belichick necessarily would have.

Possibly, but I guarantee he knew exactly what happened 30 minutes after he found out it was even an issue which was Monday morning at the latest. So he lied through his teeth today about not knowing what happened. He definitely now knows exactly what happened and his part of the coverup is to deny knowledge and play dumb until the flunkie ball boy takes the fall.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I don't know what all the hate is on the PAT's Best Org last 10-12 years Best coach best QB. Why hate them? Their system is fantastic in a league built to have parity theres no stopping them. Loss of assistant no worries. Loss of players no Worries, Little Bill just showed that big Bill couldn't do it without him. Not the other way around don't want to hear about Bill having a great QB in Brady and Big Bill not having one.He was picked in the 7th round. Not that I love the Pats but give them their credit.

Why call it hate? This "Model Organization" has been busted for cheating twice, and everyone should ignore it because they win games? Talking about the Pats cheating is not hate.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, but no one is touching the footballs without the QBs knowledge and approval. The RBs or WRs are not overruling the QB on how to prepare the football.

They have played with balls inflated to the proper size multiple times, including Brady. My point is, it benefited everybody, because the balls were easier to hold onto in rainy conditions. To just assume it was Brady, because he preferred deflated balls though he's thrown the ball multiple times is just obfuscation.

Even Bellichek mentions that he makes the balls worse when practicing in various conditions.

They probably took extra measures to prevent themselves from potentially turning the ball over in such conditions. That's the most logical explanation.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Possibly, but I guarantee he knew exactly what happened 30 minutes after he found out it was even an issue which was Monday morning at the latest. So he lied through his teeth today about not knowing what happened. He definitely now knows exactly what happened and his part of the coverup is to deny knowledge and play dumb until the flunkie ball boy takes the fall.

I guarantee he knew what was up at half time when the Refs took all the balls and either reinflated them or replaced them.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
They have played with balls inflated to the proper size multiple times, including Brady. My point is, it benefited everybody, because the balls were easier to hold onto in rainy conditions. To just assume it was Brady, because he preferred deflated balls though he's thrown the ball multiple times is just obfuscation.

They probably took extra measures to prevent themselves from potentially turning the ball over in such conditions. Whoever did it, it simply wasn't Brady.

I love your posts but please refrain from using words like obfuscation! I have no idea what that means. :p

Cowboys22

Reaction score

I agree it could benefit others to deflate the ball but they aren't deflating the balls because the RB likes it that way if Brady doesn't. They are only going to manipulate the ball to the QBs liking, no one else. Certainly others may get an advantage also but the fact that someone let air out means Brady wanted it done.

khiladi

Reaction score
I love your posts but please refrain from using words like obfuscation! I have no idea what that means. :p

LOL.. how about trying to cover it up the nature of the crime with half-truths. You admit one fact and blow it out of proportion to take away from the full nature of the actual issue.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
If Tom will bring Gisele with him to the PC along with various Victoria secret model friends of hers I can guarantee he won't get bagged on too much

khiladi

Reaction score
I agree it could benefit others to deflate the ball but they aren't deflating the balls because the RB likes it that way if Brady doesn't. They are only going to manipulate the ball to the QBs liking, no one else. Certainly others may get an advantage also but the fact that someone let air out means Brady wanted it done.

New England rushed 40 times. Blount rushed 30 times during the game and had 3 TDs. They came into that game-plan with the intention of running the ball alot, especially after the Colts shut down Broncos passing game..

I don't find it at all unbelievable that the Patriots would deflate balls to protect from fumbling, in such conditions.

Reaction score
Interesting points about Brady, he had to know the whole time,,, just imagine. two future Hall of Famers are known cheating bastids. Pete Rose is probably glued to the television right now!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what all the hate is on the PAT's Best Org last 10-12 years Best coach best QB. Why hate them? Their system is fantastic in a league built to have parity theres no stopping them. Loss of assistant no worries. Loss of players no Worries, Little Bill just showed that big Bill couldn't do it without him. Not the other way around don't want to hear about Bill having a great QB in Brady and Big Bill not having one.He was picked in the 7th round. Not that I love the Pats but give them their credit.

Apparently, some people have issues with cheating and lying. These are separate things from their abilities on the field.

That press conference was a thumb in the commissioner's eye again. I can't imagine feigning innocence is going to play well. I guess we'll see.