Twitter: Belichick asked Jerry for a job after the Browns firing

GMO415

Reaction score
Jerry didn't finish the story. Witnesses described the following "Mr Jones then spread both cheeks and blew one in Bill's face, shouting get lost loser!"

PUSHfold

Reaction score
The fact he bought a football team for $140 million and now it's worth almost $5 billion suggests otherwise.

Seriously...lol some people don't think at all before they type. Whatever people want to say about Jerry Jones he is one hell of a business man. Even if he doesn't directly make all of the important business decisions himself he has chosen extremely competent businessmen to surround himself with. Knowing who to chose to delegate responsibilities to is important as well.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
In his 4th year he got to the NFCCG with Case Keenum as his QB...Garrett is going on almost 10 and hasn't even gotten there yet.

Sweet.....Sooo......What does a NFCCG get you? Did they get more high fives you think? Wasn't there only NFCCG appearance off the heels of the single luckiest play in playoff history? Either way, I hope they got plenty of high fives for it.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Back then especially. Jerry wasn't ready for a Bill Parcells or Bill Belichick at that time. I think he's a bit different as an owner now, but you still have to put up with his being overly involved and outspoken.
I hear the reason Jerry quit going down to the field in the 4th quarter. He started asking Stephen which team was his. True story :muttley:

JBS

Reaction score
And people think he would have had the same success here? No, he wouldn't have. He wouldn't have had the authority he needed in Dallas thanks to the lunatic owner.

Not even 10% of the success he's had in NE? I mean, even 1 SB appearance would be nice

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Could have had Belichick as HC and Moss as a WR. Passed on both. Maybe would have been nice.
Just like all of us, we can't go back. I look back on my life and regret numerous decisions I made. Wonder now what I was thinking back then.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
That stings just a bit............

Hindsight is always 20/20. Bill was a good DC with the Giants under Parcells but as a head coach, what had he proven at that time? Nothing. Doesn't sting at all. You think Bill would have the same success under Jerry? Nope. Jerry would not let him have free reign like he does under Kraft.