Belichick Coming to Dallas could happen

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s the sheer volume of a “rumor” that was just completely made up because it would be nice. It’s one thing if someone mentioned it once but every new coaching thread thinks this is actually a possibility when it’s just not.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, please respect that I am entitled to mine.
If you don't like the Post simply ignore it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Belichick would never come here, One look at our roster, and it would be a total rebuilding job, starting with a transformation to a 3-4 defense, there is no way BB would pay Dak close to 40 million, BB would find a way to get rid of Zeke as he isn't a one workhorse RB type of coach. those are just a few thoughts off the top of my head, not too mention working with the Jones clan.
Never say Never. Likely , no.
Never is extreme.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
How different is our roster than Giants.

QB: Dak has more years, but Bill can work with any decent QB (Matt Cassell anyone?)
RB: Same level.

Defense: BB can build this anywhere.
ST: BB can build this.

Only advantage over other teams we have is OL. This can be fixed by draft.

I expect Bill Bell to coach Giants before he could even think of us.
Could be, why do you think he would consider the midgets over us ?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Belichick is also not afraid to think outside of the box, to break the bounds of conventions if that helps.

Case in point: last week's game against Dallas, when we were going North to South on the field (with the wind at our back) and ST was on the field to receive punts, Belichick had the entire backfield cleared, electing to let the wind act as the punt receiver. That was genius on several levels- it avoided the potential of a fumble, avoided the risk of another player being forced to catch the punt (as happened to the Cowboys). It also threw the Cowboys ST into disarray, so much they were called for delay of game, then illegal formation.

The wind did a very good job as a punt receiver, downing the ball at the 40 yard line at one point.

The Cowboys on the other hand? Not only did their ST act like it was an ordinary day of football, but some of them, including Dak later revealed they had never practiced in wet conditions or with wet footballs.

How the Cowboys were able to recover all 4 of their fumbles is beyond belief. I guess the good Lord wants to enjoy the Garrett circus just a little longer.
Be nice if our team was coached by the GOAT, not likely, but a possibility.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one in their right mind would leave a franchise with opportunities to win Super Bowls every year. No one.

The end is near for the Pats. The nation has now seen kinks in the armor for the past couple weeks. I'll never count them out until they're dead, but maybe BB sees the writing on the wall.

It’s the sheer volume of a “rumor” that was just completely made up because it would be nice. It’s one thing if someone mentioned it once but every new coaching thread thinks this is actually a possibility when it’s just not.

Realistically, probably not, but he is out of contract after this year, correct?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The end is near for the Pats. The nation has now seen kinks in the armor for the past couple weeks. I'll never count them out until they're dead, but maybe BB sees the writing on the wall.

Realistically, probably not, but he is out of contract after this year, correct?
The contract thing is not known for sure, but is a strong possibility he is coaching year to year and could leave if he wanted to.

khiladi

Reaction score
This idea of some internal disharmony in the Patriots organization between Bill, Kraft and Brady is absurd. Brady would never leave Bellichek’s half-time adjustments and Scarnecchia’s OL consistency to go to a franchise and screw up his legacy.

Bill has all the power in the world and not going anywhere.

And Bill is the type of guy who would be more than willing to prove he can win without Brady, which he has shown already anyways with Cassel and during Deflategate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not willing to bet anything,
This is just a possibility however remote to kick around on a Cowboys forum.
Some of you guys need to relax, LOL
I don't think it's even a remote possibility. Not even a shred of a possibility. There really is no incentive for Belichick to make that move.

First off, there is no reason to believe his odds of winning in the next few seasons aren't still better with the Patriots than the Cowboys, even with Brady tailing off somewhat. And even if Brady retired, Belichick has a strong record in the games Brady has not played, including going 11-5 in a season where Brady missed 15 games.

Then there is the fact that he is pushing 70 years old, has made his home in the Boston area for 19 years and in either NY or Boston for the bulk of the last 40 years, is already considered the best coach in history and has more SB wins than any coach ever, is beloved in Boston and all over New England, is a lock HOFer, has full control over the team he coaches in New England (which everyone, including him, knows he wouldn't have in Dallas) ….

What exactly would motivate him to make that change?

And, one more thing … do we even know if he will be free from his contract with New England after this season?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't think it's even a remote possibility. Not even a shred of a possibility. There really is no incentive for Belichick to make that move.

First off, there is no reason to believe his odds of winning in the next few seasons aren't still better with the Patriots than the Cowboys, even with Brady tailing off somewhat. And even if Brady retired, Belichick has a strong record in the games Brady has not played, including going 11-5 in a season where Brady missed 15 games.

Then there is the fact that he is pushing 70 years old, has made his home in the Boston area for 19 years and in either NY or Boston for the bulk of the last 40 years, is already considered the best coach in history and has more SB wins than any coach ever, is beloved in Boston and all over New England, is a lock HOFer, has full control over the team he coaches in New England (which everyone, including him, knows he wouldn't have in Dallas) ….

What exactly would motivate him to make that change?

And, one more thing … do we even know if he will be free from his contract with New England after this season?
Appreciate the strong points, It's nice to hear the other side of the argument.