Steviewonder_innervisions.jpg

PublicEnemyItTakesaNationofMillionstoHoldUsBack.jpg

Fear_of_a_Black_Planet.jpg

R-95054-1423597273-8016.jpeg.jpg

MilesDavisKindofBlue.jpg

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sgt Peppers by the Beatles, I think, is probably the most important, with its impact on music as a whole.

I think that Dark Side of the Moon and Pet Sounds are both super important and influential too. Also London Calling by the Clash and Ziggy Stardust by Bowie. What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye is there too.

But if we’re talking quality, songwriting, concept, storytelling, experimentalism... my overall best album? An album that makes you go “holy ****?” And album that makes you feel like it’s more than just a piece of good music? Because best and most important are very different things.

My best are -

The Wall - Pink Floyd - 1979

Kid A - Radiohead - 2000

The Velvet Underground and Nico - The Velvet Underground - 1969

The White Album - The Beatles - 1968

Really, I couldn’t rank any of those albums over each other. They’re all tied for #1 for me.
Was hoping you’d show up in here, my bro. Good stuff, great post, amigo

cowboyec

Reaction score
From Elvis In Memphis...recorded in '69 @American Studios in Memphis.
Elvis comes alive again...free from movie soundtracks....revived from the success of the 68 comeback special...Elvis has his mojo back.
stand alone tracks include:
•wearing that loved on look
•long black limosuine
•only the strong survive
•I'll hold you in my heart
•power of my love
•any day now
•in the ghetto

brilliant album from a brilliant recording session.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From Elvis In Memphis...recorded in '69 @American Studios in Memphis.
Elvis comes alive again...free from movie soundtracks....revived from the success of the 68 comeback special...Elvis has his mojo back.
stand alone tracks include:
•wearing that loved on look
•long black limosuine
•only the strong survive
•I'll hold you in my heart
•power of my love
•any day now
•in the ghetto

brilliant album from a brilliant recording session.
I...….am...…...shocked.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the answer depends on who you ask. Anyway, since I was asked, here's my answer.:p
An excellent choice and I was asking you and you and you and you and you and you and you...……..

There are no wrong answers and I must say that I would put a 1-2 punch of FM and Rumours as unequalled and I can recall all the music people I knew back then that marveled at FM saying no way they can follow that up. When they hit with FM and then Rumours, that was the first band to rival The Beatles with impact. To increase their impact, they were crossing over all contemporary radio formats. They were the biggest thing since The Beatles.

cowboyec

Reaction score
my top 5 ALL-TIME
1.from Elvis in memphis...(Elvis Presley)
2.that's the way it is...(Elvis Presley)
3.Elvis Country...(Elvis Presley)
4.Elvis Is Back....(Elvis Presley)
5.as recorded at madison square garden...(Elvis Presley)

for inquiring minds.

cowboyec

Reaction score
3 more for discussion of best ever...by 3 not named Elvis...(blasphemy).

Second Helping-Lynyrd Skynyrd....great music...as always...sweet home alabama...I need you...ballad of curtis lowe...swamp music...call me the breeze.

Born To Run-Bruce Springsteen...title track,she's the one,jungleland and the iconic thunder road.

Honky Tonk Heroes-Waylon Jennings...ride me down easy...nuff said.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy crap, guys. Judas Priest? Hotel California? Public Enemy? Anything Aerosmith... As "Best All Time Album"

I may and am and regretfully come across as an arse, but let's get real here. Is this for real -- or is this what is my favorite album, not being objective as the best all-time album/

Do you guys really think that? Why?
Not suggesting Judas Priest, I just felt a song was needed at that juncture of the thread,

I can get on Hotel California though but that's not mine.

I can get on the White Album or Sgt. Pepper but I can't get past Physical Graffiti and the absolute genius of Jimmy Paige coming back into the studio to put his finishing touches on the final mix. Except for Plant's vocals, that could have been 3 different bands.

I could also offer up Van Cliburn's Tchaikovsky's Concerto #1 or Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue or Sinatra's In the Wee Small Hours or if I had asked for greatest hits albums, mine would have been Glenn Miller.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not suggesting Judas Priest, I just felt a song was needed at that juncture of the thread,

I can get on Hotel California though but that's not mine.

I can get on the White Album or Sgt. Pepper but I can't get past Physical Graffiti and the absolute genius of Jimmy Paige coming back into the studio to put his finishing touches on the final mix. Except for Plant's vocals, that could have been 3 different bands.

I could also offer up Van Cliburn's Tchaikovsky's Concerto #1 or Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue or Sinatra's In the Wee Small Hours or if I had asked for greatest hits albums, mine would have been Glenn Miller.
I deleted it. it was a rude and condescending post I shouldn't have made, CC