Best Album of All Time

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I'm not judging.;)
Sure you are, we all are. We are all subjectively judging one of the hardest decisions I could ever make. I really don't have a hands down winner except for an album that began to reshape the landscape.

On my Magical Mystery Tour of the Beatles a couple of days ago, as I began to listen to this, I looked at this track listing in a row: I Am the Walrus, Hello, Goodbye, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, Baby, You're a Rich Man and All You Need Is Love. I thought 'wow, I hadn't listened to this in years but look at that track lineup'.

Time, once you decide not to go back, can begin to fade and as I listened chronologically to every Beatles album, it reminded me of just what a force they were. There is no other artist or band that has more songs that I can sing along to after having not listened in over 10 years. I was amazed at how many I knew the entire lyrics to on every album.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sure you are, we all are. We are all subjectively judging one of the hardest decisions I could ever make. I really don't have a hands down winner except for an album that began to reshape the landscape.

On my Magical Mystery Tour of the Beatles a couple of days ago, as I began to listen to this, I looked at this track listing in a row: I Am the Walrus, Hello, Goodbye, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, Baby, You're a Rich Man and All You Need Is Love. I thought 'wow, I hadn't listened to this in years but look at that track lineup'.

Time, once you decide not to go back, can begin to fade and as I listened chronologically to every Beatles album, it reminded me of just what a force they were. There is no other artist or band that has more songs that I can sing along to after having not listened in over 10 years. I was amazed at how many I knew the entire lyrics to on every album.
I wasn't judging ABQ.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned Black Sabbath.

My Favs are:

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell, Paranoid
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
AC/DC - Highway to Hell, 74 Jailbreak (EP)
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis Country...released in '71....the 2nd album from the brilliant Nashville Marathon...Elvis' Nashville sessions in June of '70....is a Touchstone for me.
Any great Elvis recording has the elements of gospel,country and R&B...the stuff closest to his heart.
Any great Elvis recording session....is one that gives him the freedom to follow his gutt.
both intersected over those 3 summer nights in June.
the result is a album that is a looking glass into the soul of the greatest performer who ever lived and one I....MUST LISTEN TO.
as Elvis said to his session players..."you know...it doesnt have to be straight country".
and its not.
12 tracks of Elvis country...with a 13th recording(I Was Born 10,000 Years Ago) played between each track as they fade out....a link that runs thru the whole album.
If the 69 seasions made him alive again....this session gave him the freedom to make music again...the kind he cared about.
stand alone tracks include the brilliant I Really Dont Want To Know.....a fantastic cover of Funny How Time Slips Away....and a free-wheelin jam of the old blues number I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water.
Its simply one of the greatest albums ever made.
If you have never heard it....you owe it to yourself to spin it.
If you have...then you already know.